Register now to get rid of these ads!

What was your Favourite Christmas Gift as a Kid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4HawkRod, Dec 10, 2007.

1. pittsburgholdschooler

pittsburgholdschooler

Murray Royal Deluxe...my first car...

Attached Files:

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Well this happened about 10 years ago and I was far from being a Kid (age wise that is). My Grandmother used to make all of us Kids a quilt for our high school graduation. Well my Granny Died when I was a Sr. (about 38 years ago) so I never got mine. We went to visit my dad and mom about 10 years ago and my mom pulled out this quilt. It seams that they had been going through some of my Grandmothers stuff and ran across this quilt top that she had sewn together. My mom took it to her quilting club where she finished it. When she gave it to me she told me all about it and said here's the quilt your grandmother was making for you when you was a Sr. I told here it was the best Christmas present I ever got and I think it always will be. I still get a little teary eyed when i think about it.

Other than that, my first 2 wheeled bicycle.

3. 10. Anything by Wham-o
    9. Lincoln Logs and Tinker toys
    8. DIY one tube radio kit
    7. Chemistry set
    6. Lionel train set
    5. Erector set
    4. Bullwhip
    3. Benjamin Pellet gun
    2. 410/.22 over and under
    1. Parents made up the difference between my savings and the cost of a Cushman Eagle (1958...I was 13)

4. without exception...HotWheels!!!

5. malkintent

malkintent

6 million dollar man rocket with new steve austin in gay ass red track suit and sneakers

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yes it did,but my seat was black with flame decals going up the sides of it.............this thread has got me wanting to find one worse now.

7. Hell, I GOT TEARY EYED! YOU WIN!:cool:

8. tattfrog

tattfrog

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100&#37;" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Lobucrod [​IMG]
    Well this happened about 10 years ago and I was far from being a Kid (age wise that is). My Grandmother used to make all of us Kids a quilt for our high school graduation. Well my Granny Died when I was a Sr. (about 38 years ago) so I never got mine. We went to visit my dad and mom about 10 years ago and my mom pulled out this quilt. It seams that they had been going through some of my Grandmothers stuff and ran across this quilt top that she had sewn together. My mom took it to her quilting club where she finished it. When she gave it to me she told me all about it and said here's the quilt your grandmother was making for you when you was a Sr. I told here it was the best Christmas present I ever got and I think it always will be. I still get a little teary eyed when i think about it.

Other than that, my first 2 wheeled bicycle.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->Shit you got me to well up with that one,I still have a quilt that my great grandmother made in the late 70's.

9. Daddiojoe

Daddiojoe
    from Austin, TX

1970--I had asthma and allergies real bad when I was a kid, so never had stuffed animals. On one of my hospital visits they had a "nauga" (the very cool devil-eared and big-mouthed critter that Naugahyde comes from) that could be in the oxygen tent for kids like me. I fell in love w/ it but left it there for other kids in similar situations. My mom ended up going to Sears and tracing a promotional nauga from the luggage department and sewed me up one. He's black, named Ferdinand, and I've still got him.

The really funny thing is that he kind of resembles the 3-eyed Tibetan Buddhist protector deity tattooed across my back.

Nauga: http://www.naugahyde.com/promoitems_nauga.html

My mom's version is much much cooler though. She's got some talent.

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Bat Chute for my bicycle. Oh yeah!!!!!!

11. Spridle

Spridle

Sometime in the 80's my grangpa gave me 2, 1/12 scale cars. One was a Red 57 chevy and the other was a Black 63 split Vette. Both had big tires in the back and a huge gearshifter out the top. When you turned em on it sounded like a real motor, then you pulled the shifterback and they took off. My older brother and I spent alot of hours drag racing in the garage. I cant remember what they were called, or who even made em. But Id give a nut to find some.

12. Muttley

Muttley

[​IMG]

I had the Red Baron version. :cool: :cool: :cool:

13. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

You lucky fuckin bastard.:mad:

But you can make it up to me.:D

14. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

My "red rider" bb gun..........man there wasnt any bird life near our neighborhood!!!

15. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is an easy one. Can we say....

[​IMG]

:D They changed my life! :D (dating myself a little)

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man this thread is bringing back memories! Someone mentioned the "Green Machine"!! HELL YES!!! That thing RULED!!!

17. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

Hell Yeah! the ones made of metal! i had mirage(the race car) and jazz(porsche) and megatron when he was the gun. i never got optimus prime though.

18. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh man!!! I forgot about those! Hell yeah!!

Something else that ranked right up there was this...

[​IMG]

The kids on that box look blown away!! LOL!!

Pitfall anyone??

19. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Uh huh so says the over engineered engineer.:rolleyes:

20. j conrad

j conrad

evel knievel stunt cycle, by far. my sister found one a couple years ago and gave it to me for christmas , and guess what that shit is still fun!

21. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You know it babe! :D

22. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

10 years old and I got a Marlin 22 caliber rifle .. to shoot squirrels with.
    Still have it ... :)

Few years later got a Browning Automatic Shotgun ...
    Still have it also ...

Funny thing is ... I never really developed into a Outdoors/HUNTER type.
    At 14 I got my first car and a driver's license ... never really was into the gun thing after that.

:)

23. The BEST Christmas gift has to be Christmas itself!

Other than that, my son was born on Christmas day, so for me, that would have to be the best Christmas gift I ever received.

24. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

One of my best memories was getting the James Bond Aston with catapultchair, machineguns and rear bullet deflector,AND an american fire truck called Simon Snorkel. I ruled that christmas 45 or so years ago. I had quite a few Corgi toys cars....

25. Terry

Terry

My ding-a-ling

26. Gigantor

Gigantor

A Dukes of Hazard big wheel and a giant can of tinker toys.

27. I Drag

I Drag

Ideal Motoriffic set
    Aurora Thunderjet 500 set
    Any car model

Also had a ride-in hot rod of some sort. I barely remember it, but it was plastic, not steel. Black with flame stickers I think. Circa 1966 ?

28. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Matched set of pearl handle guns with holster era 1956. With the straps to tie down to my legs

29. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Stompers...I'd take 'em to school and my buddies and I would build roads in the snow during recess and the Stomper would follow the "track" we built......good memories.

And I too had a Green Machine....it was awesome....
    Maybe we should find some and have a Hamb "Green Machine" race? hahaha.....I'd be afraid of Littleman.....

30. SlamIam

SlamIam

1956 American Flyer Train Set
    1958 Daisy BB Gun
    1962 Knight-Kit Star Roamer shortwave receiver
    1963 Remington 581 bolt-action 22