Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are 4doors going to be the new craze

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carpet Bomber, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norton

norton

4 doors are allright. I bought my 56 ford for $1,400. with no rust of any kind, in good running condition, with only one baseball sized dent that you can't even see unless you stare from 3 inches. If it was a 2 door it probably would have cost $6,000 or more in the same condition. The only sour spot is the roofline but thats nothing a sawzall can't fix. Besides, if you are going to cut, shorten, section, chop or other wise modify a car why not a 4 door. Then when you run out of money or lose intrest you won't be kicking yourself in the ass for ruining a good 2 door. I don't think they will ever be as popular as 2 doors but they are good starter cars for kids low on funds and great for cheap bastards like me who don't care about how many doors it's got as long as it goes.

2. Britsical

Britsical

I bought a 4 door 1955 chevrolet in a fit of enthusiasm, paying much more than it was worth in the process. Now it is sitting stripped down in my garage. I have always loved 55's, but I realised after I bought the 4 door that the roof line does not flow as well as a hardtop. It has an ugly third window in the side. I thought I could live with it but its proving harder to ignore everyday. I have three options as far as I can see, I leave it as is and rebuild the 4 door, to look like the zillion other 4 doors out there (would feel like a cop out), convert to 2 door, or make it into a convertible. I have never seen a 4 door convertible chevy. I know lincoln made 4 door convertibles (dangerous if you consider the fate of Kennedy) so it is possble. Has anyone ever heard of such a conversion?. I tried to get some photographs of the lincoln chassis or body structure, but I have had no luck at all. Can anyone help??

3. EdselRich

EdselRich

Here's the way i look at it... ... buy the frickin' car you want whether it be 4doors or 2. who gives a crap whether they're cool or not. if you like it good. if not why the hell did you get it. i've got six projects around here and three of them are four doors.i love em. probably simply cause they're different. but then again i can't afford these two doors nowadays

4. kustombypook

kustombypook

I have always loved 4 door cars. I won't even consider buying a 2 door. I have run across several sweet deals, but then they turn out to be 2 doors and I move on.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

blah blah blah... four doors suck... :eek::D

6. Squablow

Squablow

The "four door convertible conversions" I've seen are usually just a 4 door with the roof hacked off completely, or maybe with a lift-off Carson style top. I've never liked those. No functional side glass, and the Carson top either has to stay on all the time or stay off all the time, you can't take it with you. Kinda useless to me.

Please don't just cut the roof off of a four door sedan. Great way to totally ruin a car. Conversion into a two door sedan is very do-able for anyone with some welding skills, there are several tech threads on it posted here on the HAMB.

7. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

well with a little bit of work a 4door can become a pretty good looking 2door hard top.......heres one of my 4 doors.....and i to am in the broke as a joke boat ...so i work with what i can get.....but i still have no problem with my 50 fleetline 4 door either.....
    [​IMG]

8. tattooedup37

tattooedup37

I drove this car back from Milwaukee to St. Louis 80% of the trip was on Rte. 66..... Bad bitch. original 283 with a 2 spd Pglide. I was skeptical at first. BUT I FELL IN LOVE just outside of The logan county highwya department as Ole Nat Knig Cole came on with "get your kicks on Rte. 66" i have a new appreciation for more doors.. I don't think they will hit CRAZE status, but feel they are gaining popularity

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. hemifarris

hemifarris

Never...........

10. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

Here is my 4dr and I am having a blast with it. I hopped up the flathead in it and drive the wheels off of it.
    [​IMG]

11. i'll keep my car a 4 door just so i dont have to pose with all you cool fuckers, dick heads.

Attached Files:

12. John Denich

John Denich

Your kidding!!!!! I have no words other than you need help!

13. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

Old Tin is what it's about for me!! As far as the 4- door haters, most of you fags were Billet Queen lovers 2 or 3 yrs. ago anyways, you were the same dickheads that when I drove up to the cruise night in my whitewalled, flat head, multi carbed, flat paint 4-door 10 yrs ago, were the idiots drooling over the Novas and Chevelles thinking those were kool cars, now you've all jumped on the "traditional" bandwagon and think your gods gift to Hot Rodding, and think your going to tell us whats kool or not? Go stuff it in your.....

Old School 40 likes this.
  14. tattooedup37

tattooedup37

If there was a nail in the room you hit it on the head.....

15. Old School 40

Old School 40

Coupes are for chickens

16. Z- Tell your cousin Goober Betruger says "Hey"...:eek::D

17. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Now.....give me "really good listener"...

[​IMG]

Give me "And you don't come back!!!"

[​IMG]

Finally..........

....show me sessy!!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

18. Old School 40

Old School 40

Looks cool, lower it!

19. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Answer to the original question, No, not ever....

20. tattooedup37

tattooedup37

With a body like this man..... Well you probably get the picture.... Talent agents fall over each other

[/quote]

21. butch27

butch27

Even today I won't buy a 4 door car. The doors ruin the lines of some really nice cars. Just not for me and I'm OLD.

22. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

if all goes well, i may own this tommorrow.

[​IMG]

23. rusty48

rusty48

If somebody don't like your 4door they probably wouldn't like it if it was a 2door because the paint wasn't right,or the wheels weren't right,or it was too low or too high or because it wasn't like their's.

24. chopt49

chopt49

Mine was/is a 4 door - but soon and I mean very soon it will be a true 2 door 1949 chevy ---- Lookie Here

Attached Files:

• 09.jpg
      09.jpg
      File size:
      79.6 KB
      Views:
    • 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      File size:
      53.5 KB
      Views:
  25. hudson sedans have better rooflines than coupes in my opinion. you can get them in 2 and 4 door but here in oz, all we ever got was 4. so we take what we can and make something of it.

Attached Files:

26. Is that the old Mission Raceway Ambulance?

27. paintcan54

paintcan54

I have a '54 ford fordor car that is flat black and flames that I built in '91, it sure wasn't cool then and,maybe not cool now, but when I built it I still had two kids at home and in school so mordors was good for me, and I wouldn't have anything else after having it, going on 17 years and a 96000 some miles. The car has been from Indy to Fla. Canada to Tex. and I couldn't tell you how many car shows and people still tell me they like it, even if it is a mordor car.

28. RATFINKFOREVER

RATFINKFOREVER
    from Canada Eh

i agree especily in late 50's early 60's cars

29. Old School 40

Old School 40

too many four doors out there that are too cool for you .your losen out.

30. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.