Register now to get rid of these ads!

HOT ROD Top 100...............Pretty damn GOOD!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Dec 5, 2007.

1. mustangsix

mustangsix

Very influential, indeed....
    [​IMG]

2. NJVadala

NJVadala

Yea, General Lee definitely shouldn't be number 1. I would have liked to see the Grafitti Coupe in the 1 spot.

3. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

fuck the coupe, the 55 should have been #1

4. 31whitey

31whitey

T.V props vs REAL hotrods.
    Its like comparing blowup dolls to supermodels.
    they both work.
    BUT witch one would you rather take for a drive, bung!

5. DrJ

DrJ

If these are the top 100 "hotrods" of all time, unless they add any new builds and delete some to fit them in, do ya think the list will be the same in 5 years?
    Was it the same the last time a magazine ran a lust like this?
    Seems to me the top 100 would always remain the top 100, regardless of the issue or title of the magazine.. otherwise it's just a list of the 100 cars that the authors thought of first about three months ago, and like the HAMB top hotrods or custms lists that have happened in the past, it's just a list of memorable car. some more memorable than others, by different people, for different reasons, and the order of them isn't really that important.
    Like I bet the one that got listed as #100, Robt Williams car, would probably be way higher up most HAMBer's lists but they had to put a very interesting car on th front page of the article to "sell" it.
    Woulld any on you read tge rest of it if the VAN was the first car of the article?
    And by HOTROD Magazine's definition of a hotrod, the General Lee fits just fine.
    I'd put Tom McMullin's Deuce there at #1 myself, but you know, that's on a different Magazine all the time.. ;)

6. FEDER

FEDER

Same here.

7. turdytoo

turdytoo

Anybody want another reason to not subscribe to HRM?

8. I questioned many of the cars and the order too! General Lee #1? WTF!!!! NOT even a Hotrod!

9. beauishere

beauishere

Is the Milner coupe ugly? Hmmm, it's not the coolest, but I bet a lot more people built hot rods because of that car that guys jumped creeks because of the General Lee.[/quote]

The Milner Coupe is cool.

Ugly? Give me a break. Anytime there is a 'best of' list it's gonna ride the lip, and you can bet that anytime it's mentioned on this board (a lot) the small band of tiny brained haters will lift the lid and overflow.

I'll defend that bitchin' little deuce everytime.

10. Graffiti coupe

Graffiti coupe

Is the Milner coupe ugly? Hmmm, it's not the coolest, but I bet a lot more people built hot rods because of that car that guys jumped creeks because of the General Lee.[/quote]
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    This is as blasphemous a question I've ever encountered.

I'll bet your favorite car is uglier than I am. (That didn't come out right.)
    <o:p></o:p>

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Odds are, there are a one or two who will.

12. Not2low

Not2low
    from Eaton,Ohio

I now remember why I quit subscribing to Hot Rod.The best pic is on the inside of the back cover.It shows all the damage done to the salt flats after Boyds wife spun out.That pic should be posted everywhere.

13. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Is the Milner coupe ugly? Hmmm, it's not the coolest, but I bet a lot more people built hot rods because of that car than guys jumped creeks because of the General Lee.

:eek: UGLY????? What do you drive a feild car? I bet its so ugly you gota sneak up on it with a hose just to get a little air in your tires. :D

14. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

15. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Or Three:cool:

16. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

The thing of it is every one knows who the GL is. Thats old ladies little kids every one. Hell we have a black guy in town that owns a GL replica. We may not like the GL that much but it is the most popular. That may be why its #1 who know.....

17. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

About the only good thing about Hot Rod any more is it's price. 30 minutes of reading is about all I can get out of most issues.

18. hatch

hatch
    from house

The article reminded me of one thing....I got to see a whole bunch of those cars when they were fresh cover cars. It's easy to be jaded after growing up during the sixties. Cool stuff every day on the walk home from school....stopping at the drug store for a nickle coke and a plate of fries....then checking out the mag rack until being told by the bitch behind the till..."hey, this aint the library....buy it or leave"

19. PA Gas

PA Gas

What no SWC Willys coupe??????

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

of those on the list the tops that have had impact on me are (I can only say that learning to drive in the early 80's and my first car being a camaro may help explain my choices)

American Graffiti and two lane black top rides
    Scotts cheez whiz 55 (still love that car)
    Big Red Camaro
    Cars Inc camaros
    Jenkins Vega
    Fat Jacks 46 coupe
    Project X

I guess 'Go Fast' cars are my thing