Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT / BICYCLES post pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LANCE-SPEED, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOUVER DICK

LOUVER DICK
    from SOCAL

2. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Vegas Built by a guy named Skip..One of the best one I seen, tractor seat and all...

Attached Files:

3. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Hey, you know the Starlite boys- I'll give you a "buddy" deal! I'm selling one of each color (and I don't accept credit cards or NUTS :( )- except the green one! That's mine forever.

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Awwwww, Spoonin' the Schwinn Sting Ray Way!

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

This is my old bike, a '67 Schwinn 26 incher withy a 24 inch back wheel.
    A friend bought it and I turned that into dune buggy money! I'll take some shots of my latest one, as well as another friend's. He has a '40 Hawthorne and I have a '50 Hawthorne, best bike yet for me, it has great cruise-a-bility!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Richard

Richard
    from Rocklin,CA

Nice "Rockerbars"

[​IMG]

All parts found or scrounged off other bikes for the most part. Fixed gear. If ya don't know, that's yanking off the freewheel and attaching a track cog to the rear hub aka no coasting. 52x15 gears. Sucks on hills but I can keep up with traffic for the most part.[/quote]

7. dirt

dirt

[​IMG]

well i know what i am building with that extra frame on the garage wall.

8. roddinron

roddinron

here's my daughter on mine. (I know, it's a girls bike)

Attached Files:

• bike.jpg
      bike.jpg
      File size:
      55.6 KB
      Views:
  9. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

:) Here's one I did a few years back.... '47 Schwinn w/ the Whizzer motor attachment

[​IMG]

10. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

Not vintage, but cool anyway, my Felt Kingpin (and my brother lowrider on the background).

[​IMG]

11. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

shortdog
    Those were called Vroom motors which could be bought for any bike, Made by Matell Toys, But they also made Vroom cycles "With real motorcycle sound" bicycles they were made to look like a motorcycle they had a plastic motor in the frame and had a tin "gas tank" that was a storage container .The whole top of the tank hinged open to gain access.Those covers had very sharp edges when open .When my friends cover popped open while we were doing jumps it sliced a patch from his inner thigh and got him 35 stitches to close the deep part plus later skin grafts

12. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Cool post. Were having our 3rd Annual Bicycle Build Off the 2nd weekend in May.

13. Jonny69

Jonny69
    from England

Holy thread revival Batman!

My 1970's folding shopper bike:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stretched it out a bit, lowered it, raked the forks and added a dummy tank.

14. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

hey guys, if you dig bikes check out ratrodbikes.com (i know theres a few HAMBers there already)
    they just finished a "bike build off" and there are some really neat bikes to look at.

15. jaysix

jaysix

Here is mine... its a 1936 Elgin Bluebird..Im actually trying to sell it right now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is some history on it.

In the 1930s,Sears, Roebuck & Co. was one of the largest retailers of bicycles in North America- in fact in the world! Unlike today, it was believed that styling sold product, so the LOOK of the bicycle had to be different! In the competitive styling era of the times, Sears decided that the Elgin line would not be outdone by any other bicycle. Thus, the high-water mark in prewar classic bicycles is undoubtedly the Elgin Bluebird series. Begun in 1935 (there was a previous model using this name in the 1920s), it was the wildest, most deluxe, most streamlined art deco bicycle EVER made. It was an incredible work with drawn and bent tubing, integrated pressed metal tank, dozens of welds and joints A (all filled with lead!) and every possible convenience any American boy of the 1930s could want (it came only in a boy's model, but there was a similar girl's model called the Skylark- also quite radical in appearance)! The list went on and on. The speedometer (driven from the rear wheel) lights up at night when the headlight is turned on. The headlight is built into the front of the frame. Built in electric horn. A toolbox/battery compartment is integrated into the frame. It was one of the very first bicycles to use a side kick-up stand. Famous Alemite lubrication system is built into the frame and hubs (not grease fittings) and a tiny Alemite grease gun was included with each Bluebird! Even the handlebar grips are a special shock-absorbing design. The special tear-drop pedals are weighted on one side of the tread, just to keep them hanging pointed forward. Every Bluebird was hand built and cost as much or more than a used Model T Ford of the time. Of course, as you might imagine, during the depression years of the 1930s, few such bicycles were ever sold, making them very rare birds today

16. ...here's my 50's Columbia Torpedo that I made into a "woodie"
    [​IMG]

17. rev106

rev106

It was called a "Varoom!"

48 Hawthorne I restored:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. rev106

rev106

I love bicycles so much I opened a bike shop! I don't even take pics that much anyomre becuase I've gotten in way over my head on my bicycle hoardings, I think I have over 30 personal bikes. PLus I organize the Choppercabras bicycle rides, you should check out.

[​IMG]

19. ...does anybody recognize this model of bike I just picked up?; the fenders appear to be "bobbed" from the factory. I can't find a name on it. Front rim is not orig. to it.
    [​IMG]

20. rev106

rev106

Pre-War by the look of it. Many companies sold thier bikes and they were re-badged by some other outfit, most likley a cleavland welding or an elgin. If you can make out the shape of what the headbadge looked like, that would narrow it down.

21. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

This is my son's lowrider bike I built.

[​IMG]

A JC Higgins I just sold.

[​IMG]

And my adult size lowrider (Built from a $10 beach cruiser) I keep at work. Gotta love bikes-stick

[​IMG]

22. ...thanks, I'll have to get a pic of the badge outline. I was told all skip-tooth chain bikes are pre-war, is that true? (this one is a skip-tooth).

23. Low

Low

not really a bicycle anymore but...

Attached Files:

24. Cool bikes guys. I need the back plastic mag wheel for a sears screamer 2 if any one has one to sell. :)

25. rev106

rev106

By the mid fifties, bicycles went to modern chain, you'll still see some skiptooth stuff after wwII but all bikes before were skiptooth chain.

26. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

I learned to weld and fabricate on my bike when I was 14.
    [​IMG]
    Here's some other pictures of me having fun on the other bike.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

28. 54chevy4door

54chevy4door

[​IMG][​IMG]+
    putting some new wheels and doing a air set-up with the springer during the winter :)

29. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

30. ...where the nameplate was on the front of the fork is a diamond shape outline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.