Register now to get rid of these ads!

Donnie Jackson H/MP Falcon 1971 Clarkston/Lewiston Area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wisenheimer, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Wisenheimer

Wisenheimer

I was wondering if any one remembers this Ford Falcon which was from Clarkston Washington/Lewiston Idaho area from the late 60's ?
    The owner was Donnie Jackson and the car ran a 300 Ford Six in the old H/MP class in NHRA. Myself and a friend stayed with the Jacksons for the better part of a week in Aug of 1971. We had just spent the previous month in LA getting a state of the art 300 six with webers built by Jack Clifford, of 6=8 fame for my friends 63 H/MP Falcon. Donnie's Falcon was an NHRA record holder and won his class at the 1967 Winternationals. I always wondered what became of the car, does anyone know? He was a mechanic I believe at a Ford dealer which sponsered his car, by the name of Hoff Ford.

Attached Files:

2. Olds Mike

Olds Mike
    from Spokane WA

Yes I remember this car very well. It ended up North in Spokane in the early '90s. Donnie sold it to a team of two guys who put it on the strip and did run it here at Spokane Raceway Park. I saw it run and it still ran very well - in the 12's with the same 300" Six that Donnie had built.
    I also met Donnie a couple of times in the '90s when he'd come up to Spokane to visit a friend who'd bring him down to our Ford dominated booth at the local Early V-8 swap meet, at the Fairgrounds.
    Donnie was a very pleasant and humble guy. He has sadly passed away.

The Falcon was definitely a very cool, very "Alternative" combination to the "Normal" cars running.

Great to see someone remembers the car. Sorry to say I've lost information on where it is. I have a hunch it's hidden away in the Spokane area.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  3. Wisenheimer

Wisenheimer

Thanks for the reply, and sorry to hear that Donnie has passed on, I was glad to have met him. Donnie took us around that week to the local stock car track and we worked on our car trailer at a friends body shop his name was Frank Geis, who had a nice flathead T featured with Donnie in the very first Street Rodder magazine Vol:1 No:1 May 72 issue. Donnie drove us around in what I think was a 40 Ford Pickup, a cool guy as I recall.

4. Olds Mike

Olds Mike
    from Spokane WA

Along with Donnie, Frank Geis is also a legend. I too saw that T with what may be the most show detailed flathead ever built. As for more information on Donnie, I could put you in contact with a guy who was a good friend of his. Just send me a private message and I'll give you some details although I'll have to call another friend who has maintained contact with him. The guy lives in North Idaho. He might even know where the Falcon is hiding.

5. couverkid

couverkid

I saw that car at a guys house in oregon about 6 years ago. Looks the same as in the pictures. Knowing him he still has it.

6. stickers

stickers

I knew Donnie and his wife Judy , we worked together at the local bowling alley while I was goin to school, what alot of people didnt know was the she also raced the car on occaision. I owned a 69 tri-power big block vette at the time. let me tell you Donnie was the master at keeping that tuned for me. They also had a Califonia Special editon mustang. And they owned a Superbird for a bit also.
    Frank Geis is in Post Falls Idaho, I haven't seen him for a couple of years but he was still doing some painting. As for the Falcon ???

7. Wisenheimer

Wisenheimer

This is all very interesting, the night my friend and I came in to town on our way back from LA. we were driving a' 58 Edsel 2 dr towing our 63 H/MP Falcon and a car came up next to us honking and it was Donnies wife driving a California Special she knew we were coming and obviously saw British Columbia plates and a Falcon and fiqured it was us. If the car is still out there and they want to sell it get in touch with me as I want to put a Falcon together but if Donnies car is still around and available I could be interested .

8. McKale

McKale

Hello,

This thread is very old and I’m not sure how well used this forum is anymore but Donnie and Judy Jackson were my grandparents. My family has tried to track down some of their cars with no luck. Was anyone able to find any information about the Falcon after this? Thanks so much

9. McKale

McKale

Hello,

This thread is very old and I’m not sure how well used this forum is anymore but Donnie and Judy Jackson were my grandparents. My family has tried to track down some of their cars with no luck. Was anyone able to find any information about the Falcon after this? Thanks so much

rusty valley likes this.
  10. If it can be found someone from this Board will find it

11. chopped

chopped

12. 26Troadster

26Troadster

13. chopped

chopped

Seems the trail's gone dead on this one. Even the OP's not been on in years. Sorry.