Register now to get rid of these ads!

Update! Desoto Hemi six duece

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by suedesled, Jan 24, 2005.

1. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

As most of you know; Silent Rick talked us into buildong this manifold for the Desoto Hemi. As of this post we have made a few castings. One is now being run on a locally owned Desoto. If all goes well we will have them ready to ship by Feb.1. I will post pics later in the week when I know the design we have chosen will work flawlessly. As you desoto owners know; the difficulty with this pattern was the water port between the runners!

2. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

sweet!

Sorry to change the subject, but any word on the WWW Slicks? really looking forward to getting a set if they ever become a reality....

3. plmczy

plmczy

Will this intake fit a 276? How much will they be? I have a freind of mine that just picked a 276 up and is looking for a intake for it. Thanks, later shawn

4. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

The slicks will happen this year but I can't say when for sure. On the 6x2; It will run 349.99 with water x-over and will fit all Desoto Hemis. The logs are connected by flexible fuel hose and the water neck is expandable as well.

5. Hmmm... now I may be able to build my Jimmy White Coupe clone.... hmmmm. [​IMG]

How many are you gonna make when they are available? Or, if we miss this batch, how long til the next ones? [​IMG]

Jay

6. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

Will this intake fit a 330 desoto hemi?

7. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

Its a log manifold so it will fit all Desoto hemi's. We are backordered 30 pieces and will make enought to cover them and have some in stock. We plan to keep our product on the shelf at all times.

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Not really up on what years, sizes where Desoto hemi's/ Dad has a 392 that he wants put a 6x2 on.. I am guessing that is not a Desoto, (its the 354 and smaller)...

I want the www cheater slicks also.. hint hint hint.. (narrow ones).. Are the ones in Speedway Catalog yours? I need a set of 7 or 7.5" wide

9. Chris 50

Chris 50

I didn't realize SilentRick had such an influence in producing this intake. I know he's been waiting for it, but he's....kind of......you know......silent. I'm not sure if you've been in contact with him recently about the upcoming intake. I think he's had some computer issues lately. If you need to get in touch with him, you can P.M. me and I'll get you hooked up. Can't wait to see it on his car!

10. Marcy

Marcy

That is good news.
    I have been waiting patiently and this will be perfect timing!

Marcy

11. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

Yes, and we appreciate the patience. Of course if you have a Desoto and want speed parts do yuo have a choice?

Hey Boones, The cheaters that Speedway sells are made by us.

12. sasstms

sasstms

are these manifolds available?
    thank you

13. flat-bill

flat-bill

I have a set and have mocked them up on a dummy motor. Looks good. Clears the disributor and other stuff. I had to get a remote thermostat housing to run the water through. Billk

14. panic

panic

If this is a log (un-connected dual castings) it will fit all 5 engines regardless of deck height (1952-57 276, 291, 330, 341, 345), but the port size may be too big for the earliest heads. The deck difference just means longer hoses.
    This may also be possible to fit onto a 270, 315 or 325 Dodge hemi or poly by re-drilling the manifold bolt holes and a little creative porting - I haven't done this, but the same casting was sold 50 years ago for this purpose.

15. silent rick

silent rick

$370 i think, also sells a finned valley cover. i've been considering selling mine. i want to run a hood and i just can't with this intake. then again, i might hang onto it. you know i'm a sucka for them hemis.

16. alchemy

alchemy

Forget it guys. This is NW Speed Equipmment, of Eelco fame, otherwise known as rip-you-off Marty.

17. 38 mopar_fan

38 mopar_fan

Sorry for the unsolicited advertising but I’m in the process of doing something for the raised block Desoto. No it will not fit the low block but depending demand would consider modifying the pattern to fit. Problem is I don’t have a lo block to take the measurements from.
    Anyway This manifold will not suite everyone but its an option.
    Cheers
    Peter
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218550

18. roadzombie

roadzombie

eelco marty huh i am still waiting for an intake set up i ordered and paid for over a year ago from him! good luck getting what you paid for.

19. Doug F.

Doug F.

That's what I was thinking, but I was waiting for someone else to confirm it.