Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kamikazi Kustom updale pics, it rolls

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by purple, May 13, 2004.

1. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> We have the frame and suspension made. Now we have to make the steering and a new header. </font>

Attached Files:

2. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> 2 </font>

Attached Files:

3. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Note the MII rack is 5" narrow and the A arms are each 1" shorter for a grand total of 7" [​IMG] </font>

Attached Files:

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

Is this a traditional hotrod or custom?

5. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> The new motor mounts use the same bushings as the A arms. </font>

Attached Files:

6. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Now with the nose set on, it has a little rake to it. Later in the year we are going to replace the rear springs and drop the back a little. </font>

Attached Files:

7. purple

purple

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> As it has been said before, not really. But there is no classification for an early Jap car that is hopped up with whatever I can get. The MII front was a lot cheaper end easier to get than finding a replacement for the stock straight axle. All the shit problems that the stock front needed fixed was too much to bother with. My friend makes these himself and traded me my help in his 1 man shop. I want to be as traditional as I can, but I'm also a super cheapskate and don't have the money needed to do the "right" car the "right" way. I also DRIVE MY SHIT! So I want it driveable.

Thanks for playing "Make Fun of the Wierdo", now return the dice. [​IMG] </font>

Attached Files:

8. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Thats a neat little car I can't wait to see it do a big smokey burn out.

9. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] i think so.the body is based on an english Austin i believe,i would've gone more gasser myself,but i can dig it.

10. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

[ QUOTE ]
    I also DRIVE MY SHIT! So I want it driveable.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's an understatement. [​IMG] The drivetrain's rebuilt with compression that nurses 91 octane. The Kamikaze Kustom is a BLAST to ride in, especially the way he hops it around town. Can't wait to experience it with that new front end. Nice work to you and Olsen! The KK lives on.

11. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> It'll be a little slower for a while as I am putting in the spare unopened 12K original miles engine. The radical engine is in need of a gasket set and some paint. </font>

12. purple

purple

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] i think so.the body is based on an english Austin i believe,i would've gone more gasser myself,but i can dig it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    <font color="purple"> The truck is gonna be gasser. I now have a Dodge van axle for it, , and I will raise it up a lot so I can fit a V8 in it. In this car the frame and crossmember are too narrow to fit anything more than a 4 banger. </font>

13. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> The white one is the truck... [​IMG] </font>

Attached Files:

14. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

That's the first time I've seen yer other two D's in the daylight. Hey, that truck would make a cool nearly-mini gasser!

15. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Looks like the old steed is goin' together nicely...good "alternative rod"...never boring!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. repoguy

repoguy

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the HAMB police?

Is purple under HAMB arrest?

17. Cool.

Get after that thing w/ a SBC w/ a tunnel ram, straight axle and tires that stick two inches out beyond the rear fenders and you'd have one heck of a funky little street machine.

18. =mike=

=mike=

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> As it has been said before, not really. . . . </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Shit man I can't belive you even wasted your time answering that .

19. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster

Hey Purple,

I haven't forgotten about you - I'm still trying to track down the guy out here with the Hopped Up Orange Datsun. Now that it's show season again I should be able to get ahold of him and get the to of you in contact...

Sorry it's takin so long,

Jay

20. hey! what's that damn piece of... hehehe.

[​IMG]

I've always liked the oddballs, and I like seeing the progress you're making on that one. The gasser truck will be cool too.

21. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

I keep seeing a big number on the side and a those "sponsor" stickers on it, and it hauling ass around a corner at some raceway.

22. Hey Purple....my brother has a morris pickup going together using a Mazda rotary [RX7] with a 5 speed. He has about everything except a pickup box. Know of any little truck boxes around there? He lives in Medford....
    Love your little Datsun P.U. and I'll bet the blue car is a blast to drive too..

23. purple

purple

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey Purple,

I haven't forgotten about you - I'm still trying to track down the guy out here with the Hopped Up Orange Datsun. Now that it's show season again I should be able to get ahold of him and get the to of you in contact...

Sorry it's takin so long,

Jay

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> Thanks, now you can show him a pic of mine.

Rocky, I don't know of any beds small enough to fit it, but I do have friends in the local British club and they have friends in others and so on.... I'll have them ask around. </font>

24. daign

daign
    from socal

I LOVE Datsuns. A 510 is a must have in my garage one of these days. They remind me of Alfa Romeo 2000 GTVs. I rode in a rotary powered 510 through long beach about 10 years ago and have lusted for one ever since. The only car that compared to that little bastard was a Renault R5 Turbo. What a ride...

Rad car purple.

25. Purple,
    what would it take to swap in a newer Nissan v6?

My neighbor works for Nissan and could probably get a 300Z motor on the cheap... let me know and I'll ask him...
    Sam.

26. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> It won't fit in this one, too narrow between the towers. However, when I do my other one I would like to look into it. PM me your #, I lost it long ago. </font>

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Great job, I love it purple.