Register now to get rid of these ads!

Uncommon Corvette

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 15, 2007.

1. metalshapes

metalshapes

For Fiftysix...

A small selection of the Vettes that have been discussed on the HAMB without any flaming that I can remember.

Attached Files:

2. JayD

JayD

Guess I'm boring, but as far as the '56-7 Vettes go, I don't think there is any way to improve on the 'out of the box' perfection.

There are just some cars that shouldn't be tampered with. Any other year...............do as you please.

J

3. my vette sure as hell isn't as "traditional" as a 32 with a flat head, but.... it has a "newer" 365hp 327 dual quads, 4spd, posi, all the type of upgrades that would have been done way back in the day to a model A, newer bigger eng, stronger trans, etc. it's 47 years old, been rode hard and put away wet, not much different than anything else around here.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This thread has been cleaned up a bit to keep it on topic. If you don't like Corvettes, move on to another thread... If you don't like the HAMB, move on to another forum.

5. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

If those hubcaps are engine turned aluminum, I'd take them in a minute.

6. repoguy

repoguy

Right on Ryan.

At the age of like, 6 or 7, I had my first taste of adrenaline in my uncles 69 427 vette. I've been hooked on fast cars ever since.

I wouldn't customize one, but hey, I dig some of the ones posted and (with the exception of total hack jobs) I respect and appreciate just about anything most car guys throw together, even if it isn't something I would personally build.

I'm surprised that no one has brought this one up - vette nomad:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  7. I'm surprised that no one has brought this one up - vette nomad:

[​IMG][/quote]

i've seen a couple of these one had modern vette susp. real nice. another was done on the 56-7 body sharp

8. Louie S.

Louie S.

I am not sure i would hack one up, i think they look good stock. But if i don't win the lottery, we won't ever find out.

9. I'll find this mag from the 70s which pictures a yard of at least 200 wrecked vettes from '53 onwards.

10. I found this in the July '61 issue of Car Craft.
    [​IMG]
    I really like the front end styling.

11. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

I dig that Vett! Here is my old wreck. This is a (bad)picture of it at the Texas Motorplex. Racing cars and drinking beer with Big Dad = Priceless. Did Someone say "strait-axle" ?!?!?
    [​IMG]

12. noboD

noboD

i've seen a couple of these one had modern vette susp. real nice. another was done on the 56-7 body sharp[/QUOTE]

I hate clones, but there was a clone of this wagon at Corvettes at Carlisle a few years ago. I could do that. There's also a VERY 70's custom panel painted '59ish Corvette , complete with Keystone Klassics, that shows up to local car shows. The owner bought it with intensions of restoring it, but has grown to like it and has left it alone. They can't all be 1000 point restorations.

13. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Very cool Ryan!!

I am not a huge lover of vettes, but I do like this body style and a few others. Some one has already posted pics of my favorite custom vette. Here is another shot of it from a different angle. I first saw this car back in the late 80's and it still remains a big favorite (wonder where its at now?) we knew the owner and stayed in touch with him for a few yrs then lost contact :(

[​IMG]

14. [​IMG]
    Plenty of custom fodder here

15. akjim

akjim

This last one would be the Bob Mcnulty vette....gorgeous.

16. How about the '54 Motorama Corvair?

Attached Files:

17. racemad55

racemad55

That yard looks like Lincolns corvettes in wash.

18. dirty mikey

dirty mikey
    from chicago IL

theres probably millions of dollars worth of parts in that yard

19. I despise Vettes, but I love the early 50's vettes.

My favorite is the one Watson or Jeffries painted. Anyone have pics of that White and black seawwed flamed Vette?

Dig this one too...

And for the record....I think one of the meanest cars I've seen to date, was an early black Tbird. I did'nt even know what it was....drooled over it in some parking lot on my skateboard for hours waiting for owner to come back and tell me something. Wish I had pics... it was evil in a simple way.

Attached Files:

20. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

Thans for this post Ryan. I've always dug the customized vettes and tbirds that i see in my little pages collection. Good stuff.
    one of my "when i have more money than sense" dreams is a re-pop vette kit turned full Kustom. I would take it to every "corvette show" i could just to piss people off...

21. 32Rules

32Rules

Nothing greater than tooling in my chopped old school 32, but nothing like putting the top down on my 62 340 horse. Runs discs on the front and american racing 5 spokes. Alos drive my real beater 61 that found sitting since 1978. Car has tufted leather interior and exterior mad to look like a 62. Has 70's 350 and 68 muncie in it.
    Tell me how to post pics and I will.
    Life cant get any better!!

22. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I hear ya, some folks even ragg on mine though it is only a MILD kustom. Those CORVETTE PEOPLE can bite my ass. Most like what I have done to it.

B:)B

23. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are really pretty cars, kustom or not. Problem is I can't drive the lil bastards. The steering wheel is too big. The seats don't go back far enuff. And believe it, I've tried several times! 63 and up, no problem esp the fastbacks. I always liked the "tusks" on the 58 decklids. 62 fuelies with dog-dish caps are seriously kick-ass.

24. Welcome 32Rules. Those vettes sound like a lot of fun. Go to www.photobucket.com to set up an account, upload your pics, once you do that copy the tag below each pic and paste into the reply box on the forum.
    Cheers
    Jimmy

25. 32Rules

32Rules

First attempt at pics.
    [​IMG]

IMG]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/Sharper76/Corvettenewwheels.jpg[/IMG]

[​IMG]

26. 32Rules

32Rules

Well not bad for first attempt
    Here is the 62
    And thanks for the help Jimmy B!!

[​IMG]

27. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I dig that McNaulty vette. Is it the same one with the scallop still in the side in the one picture that someone posted he liked better? Looks like it. Almost makes me think of the '70 Camaro grille. I wonder if the designers saw that and said, hmmm....