Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone ID these vents?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldmanolds, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Looking for a source for these vents.Thanks

Attached Files:

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Hecho in china... Probably ebay. look like stick on units.

3. banjorear

banjorear

Are they modified new Buick ones? I know some new Buicks have re-introduced their trademark ports.

Not sure. Good luck

4. old beet

old beet

Possibly a boat accesory, for venting enclosed engine. I have 6 in the same shape. Three different sizes, cast iron chrome plated.....OLDBEET

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Most of the ricer cars these days have them stuck on the front fenders like they were Buicks? 4 for Roadmasters, 3 for Specials

6. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

The vents here aren't the stick on crap.They are real vents for air circulation.I've seen all the rice burner shit and that's what I'm staying away from.

7. banjorear

banjorear

Rice burner crap?

8. JasonB

JasonB

9. banjorear

banjorear

Damn, that's nice.

10. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Holy shit Batman I think that's it! Thanks.

11. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for the post showing what thse are really about. I could tell from the little pic that they were something special and no stik on do-dads!! Beautiful craftsmanship!! Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha

12. bigolds

bigolds

Some of the asshole comments on this thread are typical of some of you traditional, sometimes ratrod snobs. If it didn't come from a junkyard and be covered in rust, you slam it. Who cares who built it and how much work it took. Stick on shit indeed.This car is one of the coolest Dearborn Dueces I've seen. Try checkin it out in Street Rodder or don't you read that either!!!!!

13. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You aren't an Instructor for an anger managment course, are you ????? :rolleyes:

14. alchemy

alchemy

I agree with bigolds. We have a lot of open-mouth-before-thinking around here lately. Some people just want to bash cause it's easy to do on the internet.

This site should be about BUILDING cars, not spewing crap.

15. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I didn't mean to stir the proverbial bucket...The vents I was asking about are some of the coolest ones I've seen. I'd do anything to have a set on my car.I can build an engine without a snag but when it comes to metal fabrication I'm lost.I know that when I ask a question here on the H.A.M.B. I always end up with a straight answer,sooner or later.No offense to the stick on stuff or the Jap cars.Thanks to those of you that headed me in the right direction.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

16. wow! i have nothing against so called jap stuff. they make great "PARTS CARS" small alt.,mini-starters,compact ac/heater units... bottom line "custom is custom" happy thanksgiving!

17. HMH INC

HMH INC
    from RALEIGH,NC

for a split second I was thinking alchemy was about to say what I've been thinking since these forums and bloggers and interweb gurus started reproducing themselves so quickly. the greatest thing about them is also the worst thing about them................

18. Man, you must be reading a different board than I am.......wtf?