Register now to get rid of these ads!

sioux falls members know Slam Um (Chad)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, Nov 17, 2007.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone from Sioux Falls. Looks like I got a dead beat seller (Slam Um) who probably has stiffed me on a tudor deal, Im hoping he hasnt but ..... I just called him and he hung up once I told him who I was, then wouldnt answer the phone again. Not sure what to do next. He has had the cash for a long time now and the body hasnt shown up in Cali. For what its worth the issue with member Paul Webster still hasnt been resolved in MN either. Thanks to those that have been easy to deal with.

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

dont know him but after i get back from LA ~about turkey day~ ill be about 40 minutes away from sioux falls if a group of freindly hambers needs to pay a visit....

3. There are only a couple folks from Sioux falls on here at all, hell there are less than a dozen of us in the whole state on here!?

4. bisquick59

bisquick59
    from wahoo,ne

about 2.5 hours away, could round abunch of people up in the back of a pick up truck and bang on the roof all the way to s.c. demanding answers.:) on a serious note though, i have some friends that live up by there if that helps

5. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He wont take my calls now, I guess the caller ID shows up. I left a meassge last night for himn to email me but he hasnt. I sent him $1400 to cover the body and frieght but its not at my shipper. I recall that the international transfer was a little short due to the transfer costs and offered to cover it.

Here's what I know

Slam Um
    CHAD THOMSEN
    Wife's name Nichole Galvin
    605-881-3358

6. Villlage Idiot

Villlage Idiot

I got stiffed by a fellow HAMB'er in BC Canada a couple of years ago for far less $$$. I have a friend named Vinnie from New Jersey who will be heading that way in a few weeks to break his legs. South Dakota is on the way if you want me to have him stop in to visit your guy.

Seriously, it sounds like you are being taken advantage of becasue you're located so far away from the states. Good luck getting things resolved.

7. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Some of my craziest friends are east river.Don't take much to get them riled up.I'm sure a good time could be had by all.You know, Forlaughs.

8. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep it sucks and as per my original post I hope this is an error. This is below average but Paul Webster has nearly 10 times that amount of money of mine and my stuff is MIA. :mad: :mad: :mad: I'm not down on the HAMB but I deal with a lot of people and the only two I have had trouble with are low post guys from here. Might be something to consider when you are dealing with folks you dont know. As I say this isnt a reflection on the avaerge (and above) members here who have been honest and VERY helpful.

9. sentinelT

sentinelT

I should be passing through there after Thanksgiving, perhaps I can try to run him down.

10. Hey Pete, I hope everything turns out Ok for you.

I know what it is like, I bought a pair of 1/4 panels off ebay that were located in SD I ended up being ripped off $436 bucks and I had no recourse due to waiting too long. I ended up buying a roadster rear( which is on my car now), again I bought it on ebay. the 1/4s were in TN & HAMBer Earl Schieb picked it up for me and shipped it to me with no trouble. Cheers again Mate! :cool:

I believe some people think because we live on the other side of the world A) we can afford it and B) we are too far away to do anything about.
    Good Luck
    Cheers
    Jimmy

11. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks to the members who have offered and helped, including those that rang Chad direct or others that know him. He has been spoken to just now, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I have PM'd him the shipping details.

Update: Seems he never paid for the cars he sold in the 1st place and now they are gone.

I have filed a report with the FBI in Mn re Paul Webster. I only spoke with him two weeks ago and he assured me it was cool. $14K and no stuff :mad: :mad:

12. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

holy shat

$14K....I dont care who you are thas alot of skratch

howd ya pay? credit card? (I hope for your sake) I'd be fighting like all hell....

13. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Paid through direct bank transfer

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

this is some fucked up shit... $14k... damn... dude needs to make this right...

15. chad

chad

Ok fellas I just received a few nasty emails about this deal.. I want everyone to know The Chad in the title is NOT me LOL... I have nothing to do with this at all.....
    I hope you get this stuff straightened out...Thats alot of coin....

16. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah what Chad said - different guy. As per my original post Slam UM is the culprit. Sorry to see you cop crap that's not your's Chad.

Just to make it clear. Slam Um owes me $1400, Paul Webster on the other hand has $14K of mine

17. chad

chad

No prob it was kinda funny...I couldn't figure out what the hell they were sending me email messages about owing money for..Like I say, I hope you get your dough back!!!

18. Ok, we got 2 fuckers, fucking folks. One screwed Jimmy, we are watching him (known car thief, John Beutawh) and the other is in Eastern Sodak.I hate to think things will come down to a visit.

19. Thumper

Thumper

OK ......this here is absolute bullshit. You got a guy living down under building a rod sending good money for parts and these guys fuck him?.....No,no,no.....rodders don't fuck other rodders...(maybe their sister:D )..but seriously to take a mans hard earned money and not send him what he paid for should be a hanging offense. I hope that this gets resolved one way or the other with the shipment of parts...refund of money...along with some broken bones to make it a point to these assholes that you don't fuck over somebody on the HAMB or anywhere else for that matter for the wrath of the rodders comes down on your ass like a pouring rain. Rant over.

I wish I was closer...I would personally go get in his shit.

20. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Ok.... Im callin Bullshit on you guys not sending your shit to this guy. I dont see you or your club defending yourselfs! So... Im guessing panhead isn't bullshitting us! Looks like there is two of you from my area. I have sold several things over-seas and it looks like you are ruining for all of us...........:mad: So pay him a call and make it right with him! Fergen

21. OutLaw

OutLaw

If you send me $14000 , I'll promise not to pay you back or give you anything either. Hell I'll just take $10