Register now to get rid of these ads!

old school fenton intake weiand heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 58apache, Nov 16, 2007.

1. 58apache

58apache

well i scored these this weekend at a local auction. i have no use for them at this time. are they worth anything? i just put an offy intake and heads on the 52 f1. they appear in good shape to me. minor pitting on heads and a like 3 spots where the fins have a lil broke piece you can see in the pics. what do yall think i should do with them? are they worth hanging on to?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ole don

Ole don

Hang on to them? Oh yes!

3. i think a few people may want to take them off you hands.

4. 58apache

58apache

thing is all my other projects have sbc's. i just rebuilt the flatty in the f1, first flatty I ever messed with. i put offy heads and intake on it. I dont forsee another flatty in the works anytime soon. so is it really worth puttin em on a shelf untill who knows when? i have heard that this is a sweet setup. would it be worth it to swap out my new offy stuff for this?

5. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

the intake is for the pre49 flatheads
    it can be made to work though

i might be interested if you want to sell it?

6. 34FordConv

34FordConv

WAY TOO COOL!!! I would be locking those up ... But hey I'm a Flatty guy ... cause there are way too many SBs around here and Flatheads are scarce in fresh builds ... cept mine :)

7. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

eBay them, lots of interest in period correct flatty parts even if they aren't necessarily the best for performance. Different is good. Good score! I'd bet the Fenton goes quick.

8. sorry to say but no one wants that old stuff anymore. tell you what just toss it my way. seriously if your not going to use them offer to HAMB members before going on evilbay.

9. Doc22

Doc22

+1 on that.

I would hang onto 'em. You'll use 'em eventually and in the mean time you'll have some killer wall hanger/garage art that will have every flat head guy that enters your garage babbling on for hours - too cool!

10. 58apache

58apache

I hate to see someone hang onto parts or hoard em. if I aint gonna use em I would rather let em go to someone who would rather than hang on a wall somewhere. thats kinda like building a rod ya never intend to drive...useless. pass the soul on. ill put em in the for sale section here. best offer i guess cause i have no idea what they are worth..

11. Doc22

Doc22

Fair 'nuff. Why not just post 'em for what you got 'em at auction for?:D

12. 58apache

58apache

wanna see if i got a deal or rooked!!

13. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

You could just gut the heads and make nice wall clocks out of them, one for the garage and one for the office.
    The intake would make a nice pen holder for the desk with a pair of nicely polished carbs and old aircleaner elements with the V-8 punched steel straps around the elements and couple of glue-on pen cups and paperclip tubs.

Of course there would be the possibility of a lynching after the unveiling ceremony.

14. 58apache

58apache

funnay chit right there!!:D

15. lobuktruk

lobuktruk
    from Cayuga In.

This might stir things up but I don't get the thought process that something like this should be passed on to someone else here for peanuts. I buy and sell stuff on ebay all the time It keeps me from having to get a second job because after child support and day care I've got to do something to make a little money. I do agree it's wrong to get HAMBers to ID stuff and then sell it on ebay without being up front about it. Another forum I'm on has a search link deal with ebay that when you search from the borum to ebay and are the winning bidder the forum gets a kickback from ebay.

I'm not ranting here but after seeing comments like this everytime somebody finds something cool I had to say something.

16. Doc22

Doc22

That's not exactly where I was heading with it. I first suggested he hang onto them for a while 'cos he's gonna kick himself in a month/week/year when he decides to that his new project would rock with the cool old gear on the wall...

Oh yeah... sold it...shit... oh well woulda been cool...Been there.

He doesn't dig hangin' onto stuff and thinks that it should go onto the next guy that will use it right now. That's cool, it's a great attitude to have. I wish I could do that. So I suggested he pass it along for what he paid for it - help out a fellow HAMBer as posted earlier in the thread. Not tryin' to catch anyone out, not tryin' to stir the pot, not tryin' to guilt the guy into it. I sure don't wanna see if he got fucked on the deal. It was what it was, a suggestion that's it.:D

17. 58apache,

Where are you in southern Va? I come to Little Creek regularly.

18. pastlane

pastlane

He bought em knowing he had no use for them, now wondering if he paid too much? Playing speculator does help pay the bills (sometimes), but you really should have some idea about the value of what you are buying /selling. Buying & selling is how I pay for my stuff. Sometimes it works, and the rest of the time I add it to hard lesson learned list.

19. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

I cam across a very nice set of Evens heads for 59A/B and traded them for a set of nice rebuildable 94's pluss a DuCoil dizy for the 8BA, I could have gotten a lot for the heads, but I got them for a good price and traded them for what I needed, good deal I think....Roach.