Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another fenderless truck!!!!! Bring on the criticism!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by primopro, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1930 ratrod

1930 ratrod
    from colorado

what a bad ass truck, dont change anything!!!!:D

2. greendream

greendream

I like it. Drive the hell out of it.

3. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">You like it and I like it ....... what more is there?
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

4. ChopTopJimmy

ChopTopJimmy

No criticism here. I love it! As a matter of fact, I have started scrounging parts to build one very similiar to yours. I am also a fan of Ford in a Ford, so your engine choice works for me. Don't get me wrong, I like the looks of the vintage engines but you can't just run to the autoparts store to buy parts for them when they break. Build it the way you like, screw everyone elses opinion, and drive the wheels off of it! Keep up the good work! CTJ

5. skyrodder

skyrodder

looks good, cant wait to see it finished..

6. VonDad

VonDad

You like it? That's enough. You don't need the approval of anyone else.

Anybody give you money for it?

Help you work on it? No.

Who gives a shit what they think then.

Nothing wrong with anything you make, pay for and dream up. If others wanna rag on you fuckem. Seriously.

You built it. You paid for it. SO ....

Here's my ride.... What happens then don't matter.
    Personally I like it. Leave it alone. Or.. Work on what you want and then roll it out and say this is what I changed.. I like it. OR I changed this cause I didn't like....x.

As for others opinions. Do what you want. Gimme money, parts help, whatever. Otherwise, shutdafuckup.

But that's just one old farts opinion
    Best to ya man.
    VonDad

7. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

This Guy never says anything nice about anything. His posts are just WRONG!

8. BenW455

BenW455

I like it! Good work.

9. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">As my fellow Roadburner Jeff Patchin would say"don't need no stinkin fenders". Enjoy your truck man!!Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha!!
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

10. primopro

primopro
    from Corona, CA

you know in all honesty Im still way stoked on my truck. I drew up the design almost 2 years ago, I set out to build a really reliable truck with what sheetmetal I could afford...... Im basically self tought, and I learn with every mistake. Now I work in a very traditional minded shop and my interests have changed. I have another truck project in the works that is going to be really bad ass, Ill have pics of it as soon as I get all of it sorta together...

11. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Apparently he gives a shit or he wouldn't have asked.

12. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Just WRONG ?

I come from a long line of SAY WHAT YOU MEEN type of people.

When it comes to Kustom cars & Hot Rods i feel PROPORTION is the key, You could build a pile of shit, but with the Right "LOOK" & "PROPORTIONS" It will be an attractive car, But still an ABORTION...

The man asks for Opinions so i am sure he sees "Somthing" that dont sit right to him so he asks.

So a bunch of Band Wagon wannabe Hot Rodders tell him how fuckin Bitchen his ride is & dont change a thing,

But the Reality of it is, The truck is out of PROPORTION, The Grill is to big, & the engine is to small !! Plus the fact that these over 1935 trucks are just GROSSLY out of PROPORTION with the fenders removed.

Sorry Guys, I aint gonna Kiss any ass, Blow smoke saying yer car is AWSOME if it aint, AND sure as HELL not gonna play into the FALSE Heros most people here do when they praise the few people about what bitchen shit the BUILD when alot of the ICON So. Cal. Heros on here dont even build there own shit...

Dont ask who, I aint spillin the beans....

13. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

hard to tell with those pix, a side profile would go miles in seeing if it looks good or not. but what i can see all i dont like is that the grill looks ginormous. i dont even care about the big hole in it, the proportions just dont look right. again could just be the angles of your photos as none of them are just straight on

15. HMH INC

HMH INC
    from RALEIGH,NC

I like it, fuck'em all........

16. My thought - Drive the wheels off it!

17. 3x2rocket

3x2rocket

You know without fenders the tires are gonna kick up rocks n' stuff and scratch up your paint.

18. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

i agree with most on the grill(section/or realign it)...but i think the headlights are a bit smallish and too far back...my .02.... good job though!!

19. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Obviously you hate these trucks and you are entitled your opinion
    just like everybody else, and I agree on this one the grill needs some help.
    But could you be more specific as to the the proportions, maybe some guys that are new to building these or cars too for that matter could benifit from this.
    I Built a fenderless truck out of necessity, you see living in the rust belt coupes are pretty hard to come buy. Im still looking for one after quite a while but in the mean time Im enjoying the shit out of my hot rod truck and Im sure you would hate it too. So maybe you could offer some advice as to improve on the proportions on some of these trucks for us guys that have not been lucky enough to get a coupe body yet, maybe just some general suggestions. Ive heard alot about the height of the side window opening/roof edge being 1/3 the total height ETC any other thoughts in general ? Thanks in advance Mike

20. Ruiner

Ruiner

Mike, I didn't notice any proportion issues with your truck at the Rust Revival, and it lays rubber nice too...

21. Seattle Steve

Seattle Steve

Nice stance, what's the problem with the grill?
    Wish mine was on the road.

22. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Well its pretty much too late for mine anyways, but for guys that are getting into building their first rod maybe a little shove in the right direction would go along way.

23. Big Tony

Big Tony

How dare you build a truck and do it like you want it....hehehhe I dig the hell out of it

24. premium

premium
    from Goergia

seeing as how i donated no time money or effor in this project, my opinion dont mean shit...But i thinks its cool. not really traditional, but its a cool lil hot rod.

25. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

It's not my style but then I don't own it,drive the crap out of it.

26. rab71

rab71

Geez... DeSoto is a grumpy old fart... I like fenderless truck, have built one myself. DeSoto can go be grumpy somewhere else if he doesn't like it.:D

27. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I just think constructive criticism would be better than rippen the guy a new hole! I might not have used the grill, but if that is what I had, it would probably be on there. Not everyone has bottomless pockets and the ability to track down the perfect "traditional" parts. But to say all fenderless trucks are wrong or no one had them back in the "Day" Is not only wrong but far too negative to do anything but Piss people off. There is a lot of "traditional" coupes out there that I wouldn't own, but telling the owner is a piece of Shit doesn't help anyone. My .02

28. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Just drive the fucker and enjoy it. Why bother asking us assholes. What do we know? I have been building my 5 window for the last 6 months and i just decided to eliminate the 4 inch channal and go stock height. You would not believe how many un-solicited remarks from people who think I have my head up my ass.

I like the truck. Now get in and drive!!!!
    BC

29. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

Right on the money Oakland!!!!!!!!!!!:)

30. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

looks good!! could use some changes like mine, but it can wait untill another is built. Here is mine that no one likes, but it was a good learning experience building from the ground up. And I have a blast driving it EVERY Day.

Oh, and for the people who do not think 35 and older don't look good without fenders. I am still waiting for my fenders to show up from you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.