Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pistons & Paint Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D.W., Nov 11, 2007.

1. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Thank you is in order for the Chupacabras!
    I know that everybody that came up from Austin had a hell of a weekend! From the Donkey Show taking home the honors in the bowling tournament Fri. to the kick ass musical lineup @ the bar on Sat. night, & the show @ the fairgrounds during the day. You guys did a fine job w/ the whole thing. Had fun hanging out w/ some of THEM!, & it was good to see some other folks we haven't seen since Dotd. Also, I am humbled that THEM! Tulsa, felt that my little coupe is worthy of their award for the show. I am honored.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      47 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      53.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      57.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      42.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      47.5 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      52.9 KB
      Views:
  2. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Jason Bell's bike!!!

Attached Files:

• 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      59.4 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      65.2 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      58.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Sounds like a great time...thanks for sharing the pics!

4. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Couple more...

Attached Files:

• 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      57.6 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      48.6 KB
      Views:

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

Thanks D.W. for the picts. One of my highlights of the show was hearing that D.W. drove his RACE CAR ALL the way from Austin to the show. Now that is a TRUE Hot Rodder !!!!!

6. And that was without a rollbar! ;)

Good hanging out with you and Laura.

7. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Race car?:rolleyes: Naw, just a street car. I did drive it all the way there but....I got on it pretty hard today just south of Ft.Worth on the way home. Sheared the keys off of the crank so we stopped to put it on Keiths trailer. As he was backing his car off, he knocked a hole in his oil pan. So we pulled Eric's Wagon from his trailer. About 20 miles later, his water pump went tits up. We pulled Billy's modified from it's trailer to put the wagon on it & I drove it much of the way back down I-35. It was one big Chinese fire drill all the way back. The crank pully hub is toast. Hopefully the crank snout will live. Dunno yet though.
    All in all, it was worth it. We had fun! And by the way....yes, the crank is double keyed & no, the assembly did not come flying off, it just spun. I am now second guessing if I properly torqued the "balancer"/crank hub bolt when I last replaced the cam :eek:

8. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

I had a great time, my first P & P. The boy's '52 made its shake down trip with flying colors. (We were told we were crazy to head to Texas with no mile on it) Thanks to the Chupacrabras. Many cool cars. Great venue. Excellent music. Great seeing many many friends, (I dare not try to list them, surely I would leave someone important out) making new friends, and having time to talk and look at a ton of really nice cars. Pictures to come.

J.

9. The Shocker

The Shocker

I agree ,you've got my mark .Most people wouldnt have the balls to drive a low 11 second car that far. Hell some wont drive a 16 second car that far...

10. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Thank you for saying so. We enjoyed it. See ya in Feb. I think.

11. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

dam next year i`m bringing my car with a trailer to help you guy`s get home . I guess I ll have to put a trailer hitch on the coupe:)

12. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

...some won't even drive a 30 second car...

13. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Thanks for the pic's DW. Hope I did not jinx you when I told you about my car blowing a head gasket. Glad you and Laura made it home safe. Hope to see you and Laura at Texas THaw Drags in Feb.
    Robert

14. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Hats off to you! that A IS ONE SUPER HOT ROD! Good Luck.

15. DW!!! Damn man! Love the avatar photo - with the smoke wrapping around to the front!!! Now you really have me scared - just a single KEY on the 283 471 combo!! oh shit -

16. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

A big THANK YOU to the Chupacabras!!!

D.W. we had a blast hanging out with you this weekend.

-Jason

17. Dude! She survives the track just to mess with you on the street. Hope the damage is minimal. Don't sweat the what if's. Just not worth it. You'll be ripping the streets up again in no time.

That is a pretty bad string of broken stuff. You've got the right attitude though. :)

18. DAMN!! Sorry to hear that.. The snout is the week link in roots style blown sbc's. Even though mine is a old Crower that I had doubled the keys, I often hit the crank bolt with the torque wrench after hard running just to make me feel better. I also run a little more slack in my belt, I've found it take loads off of the front main bearing and crank snout also. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you, maybe next time.

19. tmacracin

tmacracin

DW
    When I ran a blown alky SBC in my car I had better luck with a single 1/4" keyway. Two keyways in a SBC snount isn't the answer,its takes too much material out of the snout.

20. tmacracin

tmacracin

What % of overdrive are you running? Send me a PM I have a good crank support setup that works good and is kinda hidden.

21. :LOL: ain't that the troot!

I'll even drive a chicks car if I have to, half the fun is hanging out!

22. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Yeah, as often as I go around making sure things are snug, youd think I would check the crank bolt! I will be from now on though! Sorry we didn't get a chance to hang out. Yours was one of my favorites there! Maybe next time.

mine is a old Crower that I had doubled the keys, I often hit the crank bolt with the torque wrench after hard running just to make me feel better. I also run a little more slack in my belt, I've found it take loads off of the front main bearing and crank snout also. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you, maybe next time.[/quote]

23. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

It is actualy underdriven @ %11. Makes 9 lbs. I'll PM you about the bearing later in the week.

24. DW great time BS'ing all weekend! Got to do it again..... next weekend at the strip? Air strip that is. Sorry to hear about the drive home.

Chupacabras..THANK YOU! Us Barons had a great time.

Sandman
    Barons
    SO TX

25. tmacracin

tmacracin

Sounds good

26. JEB

JEB

"HEY, that's my bike!"

Had a great time hanging with everyone this weekend, and the bike ran perfectly, coming and going.

Next week, it's blower time!

27. mtm0078

mtm0078
    from Chicago IL

JFB, when you get some photos or video of the CB with blower up and running post them. It was a cool bike and sorry to interupt your buddy, you and Bobby from Fly Rite. I was bugging Bobby about a job at the shop.

-Matt

28. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Man, what a great weekend. Pistons and Paint is my favorite car show and the weather could not have been better this year. I had a blast hanging out with everybody this weekend. Thanks to the Chups for organizing this shindig and all of the hard work to pull it off.

I don't take pictures, but I'm sitting here remembering a few highlights from the weekend.

1. The EvilFordCoupe pulling into the show under its own power. Jason has fought this beast for a long time and the car sounded great and turned heads all weekend. Congrats bro!

2. Bubba announcing DW as a Kontinental when he won his trophy. An insult to both clubs, I tell ya.:)

3. I had a short, but awesome, visit with Danyelle Dirty. I asked her the firing order for a SBC and she gave me "18436572" without hesitation. I then asked about her Anglia. I said, " sounds like it's going to be a pretty cool car". To which she replied, "I'm gonna beat Bass." The girl's got goals.

4. The Donkey Show dominating the bowling tourney as I bowled the series of my life. I'll be the guy trying to hang on to my glory moment from 20 yrs. ago. I promise I'll still be bringing it up at the bowling tournament at PnP 26 as I roll a 135.

5. Hanging out with friends from in and out of town/state that I don't see near often enough. I never feel like the weekend is long enough to have all of the conversations I want to have with folks. But it does remind me that I need to make more effort to see the friends that are close by more often. Thanks to Jeff and Jen for the tour yesterday. And thanks to Blake, Joyce, Cliff, Kathryn, Nick, Maggie, Jason, Whitney, DW and Laura for making me laugh all weekend. Angie and I had a blast.

29. JEB

JEB

Hey Matt, no problem. Good luck with the job. Billy's a good guy to learn from, and Flyrite is a quality shop.

Once the blower is up and running, I'll do a full post over here with pics and videos (hopefully no explosions!)

30. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

2. Bubba announcing DW as a Kontinental when he won his trophy. An insult to both clubs, I tell ya.:)

man im an idiot. it wasnt even my pick that i was announcing. i apologized to DW later that night and he just laughed it off. i guess i should stay out of the spolights. oh well thanks to everyone that came out even though i insulted everyone:)
    bubba