Register now to get rid of these ads!

edsel wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55 dude, Nov 7, 2007.

1. dudes! what years did they make edsel wagons? any production numbers. noticed one the other day and was wondering if it may be worth pursuing. i hate seeing old tin going to the grinder plus old wagons are cool. just curious. thanks.:D

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I'll trade cool shit and/or cash for a good set of 58 tail lights

3. damdog

damdog

love old long roofs, and I always had a soft spot for Edsels...
    here's the #'s:

The 59's are the most plentiful of the Edsel wagons, but there are more 1958 Edsels overall only because they had a larger model line for the 58's and started making them in mid-57, continuiing through late summer 1958. People started thinking they kind of sucked by then, though, and the market wasn't that great for medium priced cars in 1958, so the overall output for the 1959 models was less than half the production of the 1958s. Ford based the lower end of the Edsel line in 1958 on Ford platforms, and the more expensive models on Mercury platforms. All the Edsel wagons are based on Ford platforms. In 1959 all Edsels were based on Fords.
    1958 2Door Roundup wagon- 963 made (coolest of Edsel wagons in my opinion)
    1958 4dr Villager 6 passenger -2,294 made
    1958 4 dr Villager 9 passenger - 978 made
    1958 Bermuda Wagon (Fake wood! love it!) 4 doors 6 passenger- 1,456 made
    1958 Bermuda Wagon 4 door 9 passenger- 779 made

No 2 door wagon for 1959...
    No Bermuda either...
    1959 Villager 4 door 9 passenger 2,133
    1959 Villager 4 door 6 Passenger 5,687

the 1960 model was only produced for a few months-- and a 1960 9 passenger Villager wagon is rarer than a 1960 Edsel convertible- only 59 wagons compared to 76 convertibles made.
    the other 1960 wagon was the 6 passenger Villager, 216 made...hope a 1960 wasn't headed to the crusher...

Dog

4. i will try and get some pic's and vin# next couple of days.

5. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Attached Files:

6. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

some pics I have of a 59.
    the rear looks much better than the same year ford.

Attached Files:

7. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

8. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Oops, the pics above are of the Car i built for my wife...

58 9 Passenger... but i removed the 3rd row seat..

9. Just buy it already, if you can't hande it, throw it on the classified here and make yourself a few bucks. Beats what happened to that nice '59 Ranchero someone posted a while back - first, intact and savable, then dented up on top of a stack of cars....

10. DVierstra

DVierstra

Had to include one that I took a few pics of earlier this spring in Huntington Beach, CA. It is posted on BCWM . Another '59..but a TWO Door!

Notice the home made wooden roof rack?

[​IMG]

Nice Beach Wagon!

[​IMG]

DV

11. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The guy who works on my wife's modern cars has a bunch of Edsels including a couple of wagons, one of which I think is the Bermuda wood-sided(Di-Noc of course) 9 passenger wagon mentioned above.

12. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">This deal is goofy!! I kinda have one-I bought a 58 at a garage sale, when I went to pick it up-gone-the people went belly up and were evicted from the house and it was towed away-found it about 3 years later sitting in a lot beside a house-lost the title-so couldn't prove I bought it-just found the title-car is still there-going to the court house to check and see if I can get a new clear title and then try to get it from the lot-will keep people posted because I'm parting it out-it is a Bermuda-strange but true-Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

13. Wowcars

Wowcars

BTW Thats a '58. Trust me, I studied that Coral one for months!

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I have to agree with damdog, the 58 Roundup, like the red & white one above, is the best looking, and extremely rare; makes Nomad production numbers look high

15. I have a 59 Villager in the shop too!

16. The official first day of Edsel production was sunday July 15, 1957.
    Our Edsel Villager Wagon was produced 50 years ago on July 17 1957 at the Louisville, KY plant. It is the first 6 passenger Edsel wagon ever produced. Below are the stats of our '58 Villager wagon from the Edsel registry.
    W8UT700210 <!- 79C ECC -->

<!- IMG SRC="test.jpg" WIDTH=250 HEIGHT=100 ALIGN="LEFT" -->[SIZE=+1]Dataplate specifications[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Villager, 4-door 6-passenger wagon, Snow White with Ember Red [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]361cid E-400 V8, column automatic transmission [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Edsel number 700210 manufactured in Louisville, KY [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Built on July 17 1957 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]<HR>[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Information as of: October 2005 [/SIZE]
    Owner: clean cut creations
    Owned since: September 2005
    Mileage: 75,000
    Condition: Drives
    Originality: All parts are factory authentic for the car

Accessories included: unknown Notes:

[​IMG]

17. shortyforty

shortyforty
    from NH

Snapped this at the junk yard a couple years ago, was the first one I'd seen in years.

[​IMG]

Just for kicks, this one a custom rodder built a couple years ago

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  18. Little_E

Little_E

I had to let a 58 Roundup get away from me a few years back. I was just out in the workforce and found this one near Cols., OH. Guy wanted $800, but all the glass was busted out of it and thus the floors were gone!!! It saddened me to think what may have happened to it, but I hope it found a good home!!!

Attached Files:

19. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

That doesn't look like your typical Ohio car, does it? Too bad on the glass. If you could have picked it up right, looks like a good start. There are 2 59s at a yard near me. One is all repainted black and the other is original. I'd love to have them but I've got too much here and not enough time to do them anyway!

20. noboD

noboD

I passed up a free '59 in '67 when I was 16, dark blue ran and drove with pushbuttons in the steering wheel . I'm almost over it by now.

21. ronrob75

ronrob75

Sorry I sold this one...it was a blast to drive and the attention it got was unbelievable....But as with so many of my toys over the years, someone else saw it and liked it, and gladly met my number, so down the road it went.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. loggy

loggy

heres' ours......had it a coupla years now,just used it and enjoyed it thus far,having to do all the unexciting bits to it at the mo (needs a rewire now,probably goin' with a painless kit)......its' bearing up to the UK climate ok,gets a hell of a lot of looks,a lot of your regular classics guys over here ask what it is and are genuinely interested in it which is cool:)

Important question for those that've bagged their wagon/edsel,knew this was all standard ford platform underneath,anyone know a someone that'd do a good airbagging kit for our wagon,n rough cost? I'd appreciate it if anyones' got info to share...

Love the '58s too,especially bermudas,just mad as a box o' frogs:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. PM me and I can tell you what all I used on my bagged 58 wagon. I can get you all the parts you need through our shop.

24. EdselRich

EdselRich

all this talk of horse collars and pickle grill's is makin' me all teary eyed haven't had a wagon yet but i got a 58 4door pacer sedan (best lookin' model made) and a 59 ranger 4door hardtop guy i got my pacer from had this one

Attached Files:

25. Here is a pic of my buddy's 58 Villager dubbed "The Mangina"

[​IMG]

26. naokell

naokell

27. naokell

naokell

My 58 Bermuda

28. lounissarte

lounissarte

58 villager...the best looking one for me...

Attached Files:

29. lounissarte

lounissarte

Some more pics from my dropped 58 Villager...

30. Since we are wagon happy,here is my 58 Roundup tow car :D

Attached Files: