Register now to get rid of these ads!

any ideas on shipping fenders to canada ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brandon, Nov 4, 2007.

1. brandon

brandon

anyone have any suggestions of a carrier to ship 2 fenders to canada....? thanks brandon :D

2. Greyhound ? It was pretty cheap to send two fenders to Cali. just don't know about the border crossing.

3. ronrob75

ronrob75

Like he said...Bus is the best way to ship something like fenders, or hoods or.....just gotta ship, and pick up the stuff at the closest terminal which can be a little bit of a pain, but the money you save over the "big" shipping companies more then justifies the extra running

4. Try the FedEX 800 number. They have done grate state side for me and sheet metal so far. Nothing to Canada yet but you can speek to a real person there and get the Low Down.
    The Wizzard

5. 53hauler

53hauler

you are better off going through UPS or Fed EX, they take care of the PST & GST and deliver to your door.Have had lots of big items shipped up from down south and it may sound a little steep but it is best in the long run.Just recieved 2 captain chairs complete with air ride 2 pkges @ 45 lbs ea from somewhere in the US for just under $200. then had to pay $135. in taxes (based on value of product).That is just a fact of life when you live up here.Usually we have to pay exchange on our buck but we are doing good on that right now.There will be tons and tons of stuff coming up from the US for awhile any ways since our buck is worth more.Don`t be afraid to sell to us Canucks

6. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

DON'T use fed ex they chareg brokerage on stuff that doesn't have to be brokered. It is steep in price too.

7. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

UPS is absolutely the worst. Too many extra fees.
    I just had a ton of parts shipped up here from California via DHL.
    I have it sent to their depot here and "Hold For Pickup". Much cheaper than having it delivered to your door.

8. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

Canpar http://www.canpar.com/ . Just had a Must II crossmember shipped from Ontario to Toledo for about $25 no additional fees or charges and only took 4 days.

9. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams

I had 2 buick doors shipped form California to North carolina by greyhound for $60 each, Not too bad

10. oldgoat

oldgoat

I am from Canada, I had a fender (65 lbs) and a door (70 lbs) shipped from Bakersfield, California to Greyhound depot in Ontario
    total cost $65 dollars each. For border crossing just list value a $50
    and there will be no duty.

11. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Try Yellow Freight. The only thing is you have to pick it up at the terminal closest to you ,if you don't have a business address. They will not deliver to a home.

12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Like they said. wwwshipgreyhound.ca

13. jonny o

jonny o

If you are going with a normal carrier, my vote goes to DHL. It's almost 1/2 the cost on most things I ship including Canada.

Sounds like Greyhound may be even better though.

14. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I've had good luck with UPS, but they do charge a brokerage fee. On the plus side, you get the item delivered to your door and its fast. Just have your credit card ready. And yes, now that our buck is worth more than its US counterpart, we will want to buy all kinds of car parts from our good friends in the US of A.

15. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

road trip-charge mileage

16. brandon

brandon

i figured it on fedex ...due to the size , they are freight ...wasn't too hateful as 1 ....but once i added the second it went 10 times the amount.....:eek: ...got to get my scales out and figure the weight a little closer....then go from there.....thanks for the suggestions..... brandon :D

17. drock6570

drock6570

GO GREYHOUND. Just pack them up good!!!

18. Canuck

Canuck

If using Greyhound, might want to check with Oldgoat as to how he arranged to have it shipped over the border.

Used Greyhound this summer for a couple of fenders from California, think it was around $25 to Grand Forks, North Dakota, the closest Greyhound depot. I was told they would not ship across the border.

Even with the drive to Grand Forks, lunch, a bit of shopping for the wife, it was still cheaper than UPS.

Canuck