Register now to get rid of these ads!

unique performance police bust

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nickles street chop shop, Nov 2, 2007.

1. nickles street chop shop

nickles street chop shop
    from Edum Tejas

so a grams wreckers service driver came into the shop dropping of a police car, and he said he had to haul off 70 mustangs from the unique performance shop yesterday to the dallas impound. aperently they were using stolen mustangs and building them. they had 70 stolen mustangs and 2 stolen camaros. he said they would steal them or by the stolen ones from out of state and strip the car to build it, vin and anything to identify it and all.

anyone know anything else about this?

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Seventy!!!! Damn that A LOT of cars!

3. Ricola

Ricola
    from MN

4. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Damn, that's messed up.

I think the whole "numbers matching, got the build sheet" muscle car thing is really stupid.

Like someone said in another thread "all 7 of 'em are still here"

5. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

6. nickles street chop shop

nickles street chop shop
    from Edum Tejas

im not a fan of them or chip foose, but they do, sorry, DID make some nice cars. i just always thought that their name was ironic seeing how they are UNIQUE performance, but all the cars are basicly the same. i took one of their tours a few years ago just to see how their shop looked, and it was just an assembly line. and i asked where they got the cars from, and they said they would look all over the country and buy them. if there is someone on here that has worked for them and i am mistaken on what i think of them, let me know, but thats just how i see it. the shop that i work at is right down the street from where thier shop WAS and id see them drive by everyday and it just got old. plus, like someone said up there, muscle car people not stupid in my eyes but a little icon-istic, if thats a word. but then again we kind of are as well with the model A. me, myself want to build one like everyone else. i guess im just trying to say that i didnt hold them on a pedelstool because im not a muscle car guy.

7. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

8. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

I heard they had closed but didnt know why.

9. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

What the helL does Chip Foose have to do with this post...he is an upstanding guy!!!

10. Nomadness

Nomadness

Unique was building Foose Camaros. Here's the quote from the MustangBlog.com story

11. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Unique is supposed to be building some Foose liscensed vehicles. Camaros, Challangers, and maybe the new Mustang Stallions...

The guy above me stated he wasn't a fan of Foose's. I was wondering what he had against Foose.
    I think he's a down to earth all around good guy. Worked hard to get to where he is. Studied art to become good at putting on paper what his minds eye and his eyes see.
    Compare that to his former employer.

12. 41woodie

41woodie

Anyone who pays a deposit of 1/2 up front, and a 1/4 at the start of production and doesn't see a potential problem needs to have their eyes checked. Seems like a dead giveaway to me.
    Hope Chip Foose is not implicated in any way, he seems like a decent sort.

13. nickles street chop shop

nickles street chop shop
    from Edum Tejas

im sorry guys, i have nothing at all against chip foose. but he was tied with unique pretty good. im sure he is a good guy, from what yall have said. but his cars just dont do all that much for me. they are very nice, dont get me wrong, but just not my type of style.

14. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

I think this is more about money issues than stolen cars. I believe Carroll Shelby and others were sueing them over money.

I would venture to say the car were being repossed by a court order to pay off creditors.

I can't imagine that company stealing all those cars.,,I think old Shelby and Foose are smarter than that to be involved with people stealing stolen cars even of they did not know about it.

15. lrseclipse

lrseclipse
    from Dallas, TX

a friend of mine drove by the other day and saw them towing away the cars, the next day the only thing left were 2 coke machines sitting outside...
    aparently Shelby cut ties with them a month ago; before closure and they owed ALOT of people money. It's rumored that they took $7 million worth of deposits and never delivered cars

16. cracker head

cracker head

a buddy of mine worked there for a short period of time, and he said things were kind of "shady", both cars and managment.

17. 47 jailbar

47 jailbar
    from Mn

18. Dino

Dino

People like the owners of this firm should be doused with gasoline and torched.

19. grapejuice1998

grapejuice1998
    from Dallas, TX

Did they have a place over off of Walnut Hill, West of I 35? Sorta behind the Speed Zone? I saw a lot of Mustang and Camaro bodies in a lot over there not too long ago.

20. dbradley

dbradley

Just did a search at the Dallas Morning News site and NOTHING.... crack news organization.

21. maxspeedracing

maxspeedracing

$140k for an used car! There's one born every minute...

22. Splinter

Splinter

Just looked at the photos at fixeleanor.com. WTF? This is some of the most ass-hatted building I've ever seen. These fucking clowns were taking people's money!!! And we're not talking about the kind of 10-20-30 grand cars we build here, but Ferrari or Lamborghini money, and look at the shit work they did! Pisses me the fuck off!!!

23. 47 jailbar

47 jailbar
    from Mn

Think about the guys that worked there. I am sure they had families and bills to pay. It had to be pure hell. Somebody told them what to do. I hope somebody got the shit kicked out of them.I feel sorry for the customers and the workers. Two sides to every story, let's see what happens......

24. I have a feeling the repercussions of this will be far reaching....

25. RATFINKFOREVER

RATFINKFOREVER
    from Canada Eh

Wow that is some bad bad work do it once do it right thats what i say.

26. maxspeedracing

maxspeedracing

Life is all about ethics. Either you have them or you don't. The history of the automobile is paved with pimps and the whores who work for them.

27. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

from the way they have treated people and have handled some things all i can say is what goes around comes around..if all is true...U.P. deserves what they get

28. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

ut Shelby customers weren’t the only ones. Unique Performance also produced refurbished 1969 Camaros and 1970 Challengers designed by Chip Foose and sold under the Foose name.
    “We’ve been working with unique to resolve concerns that we’ve brought forth,” said Carson Lev, head of Foose licensing. “Chip is dedicated to the fact that he doesn’t want to leave customers at risk.”
    “We don’t want to say, ‘See ya’, that’s your problem,” said Foose of customers who have made deposits on cars. “We’re trying to resolve those issues.”
    Unique Performance also produced the Foose Stallion, a Chip Foose-designed tuner car based on the 2007 Ford Mustang, through a network of Ford dealers across the country. The Foose Stallions were manufactured at another Texas company called Unique Performance Concepts, a partnership between Unique Performance and a Fort Worth company called Tecstar. It’s possible that Tecstar could continue to make Foose Stallions without Unique Performance.
    The Foose Hemisfear will continue production uninterrupted, since it is manufactured by MetalCrafters in Southern California.
    AutoWeek was unable to reach Unique Performance’s ceo Doug Hasty.
    Source: AutoWeek.com

So Mr Foose is a stand up guy to those here who have read all about him in variuos publications.

Maybe.... but let us see how far he is prepared to stick his neck on the line for those who have lost a lot of money because they too thought he was a stand up guy and spent money because of his name being attached to a car.

Today,in 2007 it's all too easy for corperate types to just piss off with every suckers money in the full knowledge that Joe Average doesn't have the money to pursue them through the courts to get a Just solution.

The CEO of Unique will walk without any penalty.

29. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Yep, get the deposits...roll around in the dough, live high on the hog...worry about the consequences later...that's how this plays out to me...NO ETHICS at all.

I hope Foose doesn't get dragged down by this...I doubt he has any involvement in the $$$$ aspect of it.

30. ANYONE who takes a dime for services and doesn't deliver is a thief! guys i rebuild food processing equipment and when i ask for 60% down of $40K and someone cuts me a check i'm expected to deliver no questions asked! $24K probably isn't anything compared to the money some people are losing over this bullshit! bummer another black eye for the hot rod industry.