Register now to get rid of these ads!

Remember the restored race car orig. found folded in half & buried on a farm?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevin Lee, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Concept...just a styling exercise to see how the public reacts. A cheap way to gauge the potential demand for products.

Custom...thats tough because it doesn't necessarily mean "one off".

Something thats restyled somewhere/sometime outside the normal assembly line run I guess. Could be an owner modified 49 Merc or the full run of Shelby Mustangs. They are all Customs.

Futuristic. Now thats the loaded one!

How to define that...

A vehicle built NOW to replicate the assumed style, functionality and performance requirement of an automobile at a certain point in the future...unfortunately limited to the materials, equipment and technology of the build era to do so...with no help from or knowledge of the technical advancements sure to be made in the years between the build and the time they intended to represent.

2. guess i would believe the captions are switched :)

3. MOPARMORTUARY

MOPARMORTUARY

Ya and 69 500s are so rare because the early vins were the same as Daytonas and everyone thought Daytonas were more valuable than 69 500s and made their 500s Daytonas. Boy say that 3 times fast! Chad

4. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Awsome thread...and I only got through page 5!!!

5. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

I must say, that this is an exalant thred! I my self have owned a chitty chitty bang bang! (pedal car ; ) ) I wish that I could some day own one again.... My eloqence is not up to par with the other guys, but I enjoyed the detailed post very mutch, the stuff that made being a motor head whats its all about!!!
    .........Roach.

6. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Easy "John" .This is the internet and it's a free and open environment.
    the article is published on the internet where approximately 2 billion people with access to the internet can see it. So far in the last few days 12,440 people have read it.
    Keep calling people "boy" and "unethical and Unproffessional " and you run the risk of some one replying in a like manner. If he chose to drive a car in a 'unprofessional manner' and chose to come up with the lame excuse PUBLISHED IN THE PUBLIC PRESS then let the world hope he will learn something at colledge.
    Something along the lines of..." it's a big world out here....and a bit of respect for others goes a long way." because so far ,as his Dad, so far you haven't done anything here to command my respect.

7. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

What Plymouth Savoy thread? can I get a link?

8. J.Y.

J.Y.

The picture posted of the bent chassis, was taken, "ON SITE", in Clarksville Missouri.

9. J.Y.

J.Y.

""I did make appology"", quoting, verbatim, "keep calling people boy", that was explained and changed to "guys".

Quoting you again; keep calling people unethical and unproffessional, "never did do that to PEOPLE", directed to the "ones" that ran with a accident my son was in that has nothing to do with anything as someone else pointed out in the thread Sir.

By the way, a severe storm was in progress, debris and mud were all over the road, he was driving proffessionaly, it is a corner that is KNOWN for such accidents, a ticket he was written that was stricken in Court due to these facts Sir.

I highly respect people Sir.

10. J.Y.

J.Y.

Coool, highly thought out answer's, I'm going to try and start a new thread so we can explore and hopefully bring definitive answer's to the questions.

11. J.Y.

J.Y.

Thanks, going to try and start a new thread on the topics, would appreciate your thoughts.

12. J.Y.

J.Y.

Clark*** Destrals Roach***my 31&37***Fomocopower***
    Shifty Shifterton***Hackerbill***Metalshapes***Cris and others that have expressed Intelligent interest in the topics; Thanks>

Going to attempt a new thread on the concept, futuristic and custom car topics.
    Metalshapes, your pics are cool and so is your thought out response as others reponses on the topic have been>
    Cris, thanks for the advice, will see if I can get it done,
    JOHN

13. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

John

How did the Harris car look when you found it?

Please post a photo ''as found''

14. J.Y.

J.Y.

Bluto,
    I will post some photo's.
    The photo's will be of the car before the traggic events that involved many important cars and what it looked like when removed from the Bigg's property.
    I'm attempting to start a new thread re; concept, futuristic and custom cars, the pics will be posted on that thread.
    Trying to contact the Editors to bridge other person's thoughts to the new thread.
    Look forward to intelligent and constructive thoughts from all the car guys in this superior Forum and site.
    JOHN

15. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

John

I was trying to give you a chance to prove you actually got something to start with instead of a meanless pile of crap. AND believe me I am not suggesting that you have junk or scrap. I am sure you value what you got as a "good start".

And since starts vs finished is what much of this thread is about I
    thought you could post an ''As Found'' photos

16. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Now why would you make us go post chasing to see follow up information and pictures? I understand that it is a differant car, but it is related. You could also start a new thread with your information, but come on with the pics!

17. J.Y.

J.Y.

Bluto,
    Apparently you are aware of the car I own and have researched for over 20 years.
    It was removed from the Biggs property, this is the same property where the Alfa was, which started this thread I think.
    Many other important cars were there, besides mine, when Mr Lilley purchased Biggs spread, including one of the two Ferrari's, just to name a few.

With all due respect Sir; I will post photo's, per your request,
    "AS FOUND", when the other thread is running, OK.
    JOHN

18. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

how about you post a couple of teaser photos here on this thread so we dont have to go chasing it in other theads. Ok?

19. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

20. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Yes John, no real need for a new thread....

21. J.Y.

J.Y.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR POSTING.
    I WOULD HOPE THAT PEOPLE WILL PUNCH IN THE SITE YOU LISTED.

I WAS THERE IN 1984.

I HAVE HEAVILY RESEARCHED BIGGS AND YOUR "TRUE" STATEMENTS AS WELL AS FACTS I POSTED ON THIS PAGE.

GLAD THAT MANY THINGS ARE "NOW" CLEARED UP.
    ALL THE BEST, AND WHAT A TRULY NEAT DOCUMENTED CAR.
    JOHN

22. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Dead men tell no tales.

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

How do you take a clear photo of nothing? Mark Twain left the "SHOW ME STATE" over a hundred years ago.......for good reason.

24. J.Y.

J.Y.

Thought this might be cool reading for a few to finish off the topics on the two Ferrari's and "David Biggs".

Please go to MSN and punch in;

0720TR "Big Red", David Biggs.

Please scroll down past David Biggs race History in the car until you hit "Barn Fire" in 1964 then hit on 0220ED.

Matter of fact, Aprilish 1964, as I reported.

Scroll down past David Biggs short race history in this Ferrari.

Please then go down; To The Men Of Honor!

This, I would hope, clears the air.

25. noboD

noboD

J.Y., everyone has given you the benefit of lots of doubt. How about just faceing the facts and post these pics! So far everything you've said seems like a challenge. What's up with that? If you were there and have proof cough it up. We are ALL here to learn CAR history, stop postureing and show us the pics.

26. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

thanks for the pictures

27. J.Y.

J.Y.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT SIR,

PLEASE, WHAT I HAVE WROTE IS "NO CHALLENGE" WHATSOEVER.
    THOUGHT I JUST STRAIGHTENED UP SOME REAL CAR HISTORY, "SEEMS I WAS BEING CHALLENGED"???
    DID YOU READ THE LAST POSTS, IS THAT HISTORY BEING SET STRAIGHT OR IN "YOUR OPINION" ME CHALLENGING SOMEONE?

QUOTING YOU, "GIVEN ME THE BENEFIT OF LOTS OF DOUBT," PLEASE!

THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS PERSON'S CALL AND PRIVATELY EMAIL , YEAH, LOTS OF PEOPLE KNOW ME SIR, MOST ARE APOLIGIZING FOR "OTHERS" RE; THEIR RUDE UNBEFITTING BEHAVIORS.

WHY ARE YOU SO INTERESTED IN THE HARRIS CAR, DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT YOU DESIRE TO "DISPLAY OR SAY ABOUT IT", JUST CURIOUS?

"IF I WAS THERE COUGH IT UP," WHAT A REMARK FOR WHAT WAS BROUGHT FORTH TO STRAIGHTEN OUT THE STORIES OF THESE 3 AUTOMOBILES.
    THE ONLY WAY I KNEW WHAT I WROTE, IS BECAUSE I WAS THERE AND HAVE SPENT 20 YEARS RESEARCHING THE HARRIS CAR AND MANY OTHERS.

By the way, where is the important Mercedes and the other important cars that were at David Biggs? Should I speak of them so I can get my A-- hole ripped again or the others I mentioned, no thanks.

SEEMS THAT YOU ARE VERY AWARE OF THE HARRIS CAR.
    WHY DON'T YOU SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT IT, I THINK YOU DO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE CAR, DO YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF IT?

PLEASE, I SAID THAT I WOULD POST PICTURES, I DON'T KNOW IF I EVEN WILL NOW.
    I WILL NOT ADDRESS YOU OR ANYONE ELSE'S BELITTLING AND SARCHASTIC REMARKS AGAIN.

28. mykwillis

mykwillis

we just really want to see pics of this historic car because we like them and they interest us. nothing more.

29. Love the level of commentary this thread has received, but I'm a visual learner, so pics would help...:D
    (maybe that's why the comics are my favorite part of a newspaper)

Oh, my earlier post about the AACA winner that was dragged out of a mine is true- but not trying to get into any urination matches.

30. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Exactly, as you know the problem with the internet is that you or I can say anything about anything, and we've all read our share of bull on here. So on behalf of the skeptics, quit teasing and post the pics. Once credibility has been established, the drama can cease.