Register now to get rid of these ads!

If you were to buy a newer vehicle, what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by independentcustoms, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Another vote here for the Magnum, I have an 06 that I use to haul surf boards and crap to Santa Cruz every few weeks. My daily is a BMW E30 M3.

2. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I would like a new Caddy CTS, I have liked those since they started making them. However since I am incredibly cheap (tight-wad, my wife calls me) we bought a new Toyota RAV4 a couple weeks ago since my car got totaled. Can't say anything bad about it other than it isn't made here, but there really isn't anything domestic made that I care for that is reasonably priced.

3. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

4. jonny o

jonny o

I travel a lot and have rented a few of them (the windowed version).
    They are alright: Nice and roomy and a little zip. Handled better than I would have imagined.

Of course, I'm sure I always had the smaller engine, but with the e-brake locked and stabbing the throttle I could get them to squeal a little. That's a definite "business requirement" in my line of work.

5. Mopar34

Mopar34

First I have to say that, I probably would not buy a newer car unless it was an absolute necessity. I much prefer my old cars and would if I could get another oldie. But, I have to admit that with my car ownership experiences from my younger days and if money were not an issue, then I wouldn't mind one of these:

Attached Files:

6. repoguy

repoguy

turbo 911 or Z06 vette.

7. cooljerk

cooljerk

I've been renting lots of cars the past 18 months...seem to be on the road every other month. Mostly chrysler and jeep products. I loved the AWD Pacifica...though i have no intention of dropping $35K on a new car. I thought the fit and finish were great, rode great, plenty of power and 1/2 way decent gas mileage.
    My problem with the Magnum is that i'm too damned short...and the beltline of the car is too high...i couldn't get comfortable.
    The chevy HHR was a plastic piece of crap...fit and finish were awful. plus the retro styling is embarassing.

8. Mopar34

Mopar34

Being short about $265k, I would probably prefer one like this. Besides it really fits my style and attitude better.:eek: :D

Attached Files:

9. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

The "newest" old car I would ever buy is a 1977 Trans Am. Grow out the stache and pretend I'm Burt Reynolds...
    [​IMG]
    Technically I could plop down a ton of money for one of the Year One Bandit models.
    If I had to buy a new car I'd get a 2002 Firehawk. That's the newest I can go, since I think the styling blows on all the 05-08 cars. [​IMG]

10. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

I drive a 2004 Chevy Silverado SS ...........AWD and fast for a truck

11. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

That's surprising. My '03 has 140,000 miles and averaged over 20 mpg since new. It gets maybe 13-14 when towing a loaded 24 ft enclosed trailer. Right now the trip computer shows 26.3 mpg over the last 3 fill ups, about 1600 miles. It does have full aftermarket exhaust and a hypertech programmer at the highest setting, +90 hp I think.

12. dorksrock

dorksrock

a gmc or chevy with a duramax, and four wheel drive, or a Pontiac GTO

Jordan

13. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

Pontiac GTO, GT500, Magnum R/T, Denali the list can go on.

14. rusty48

rusty48

For me a GMC 2500 4x4,for wife somekind of minivan other than a Caravan,I've had 3 of them damn things 2 of them were new,spent more money on them than every car I ever ownd put together.

15. Fishinator

Fishinator
    from MI

I picked up a 07' HHR.(Heritage High Roof)
    It has that retro feel to it.
    [​IMG]

16. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Ford Ranger PU, it would haul most of my crap, rent a big rig if I have to tow something.

17. MUDFLAP

MUDFLAP
    from wyoming

An '06 or '07 Dodge 3/4 ton pickup. These have the 24 valve Cummins and come standard with a six speed transmission. Lots of power and pretty good fuel economy (around 14 or 15 with a load).

18. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

A new black on black Mustang GT with a stick shift. I don't know if they're 5 or 6 speeds but that would be the cat's ........pajamas.

19. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

i will probably get an 08 volvo c30 in 2010

20. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Corvette Z06 , M3 or Porsche GT3 if money was not an issue... but luckily it is, that´ll make me live longer

21. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

You can get one now, or wait a bit for the turbo package.
    I'd get the V V T engine, slightly bigger and more power.
    Basically, its a Chevy Cobalt underneath (so they say), has electric power steering, which really works well!

Lots of hop-up stuff out there for the Ecotec as well.

I've not driven a panel, wonder if the vision out back sucks?

22. I've got a silver 05 Magnum with 1.5 inch Eibach drops springs. Five spoke wheels from Coys that resemble America Torq-Thrust D's. 22's on rear, 20's on the front. The spokes charcoal colored. Still like my hot rods better, but it's comfortable, air-conditioned, has seat warmers, the stereo works and its well made. I think of it as a modern day Nomad, with a pentastar instead of a bowtie. And the Hemis alright. I'd recommend this car to anyone. The Dodge boys got this one right.

23. Diesel Pickup, F-350 or Chevy/GMC with a Duramax.

24. oldguy829

oldguy829

new in january 06 dodge magnum, with a hemi. love it.

25. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

It would have to be a new Ford F-150 4x4 or a Cobra kit car, since it costs as much or more than a new car.

26. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

My daily driver is a late model GMC crew cab dually. But if I was buying a new car just to drive and not haul anything, it would be a Mini Cooper or a Lexus.

27. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

CTS-V with a 6 speed or an SRT 300 chrysler.

New diesel 4x4 trucks are downright awesome, but I couldn't bring myself to "use" a truck with that price tag.

I actually had the same thought a year ago and was disappointed at what anything less than $30K would buy. Decided to stretch the current fleet a little longer and instead blew the wad on a hot rod roller full of custom tin. Really good decision ;)

28. jdubbya

jdubbya

I just bought an '07 GMC Sierra Classic crew cab 2wd. I have had it a couple of months, and it has been great. All the power you want from the new 5.3, lots of leg room for all, and a bed that is adequate for hauling. I traded in my '06 extended cab, so I could get the longer warranty, and ended up buying the crew cab, and the difference in cab size is night and day.

29. KlassicHauler

KlassicHauler

If you don't mind that this is the last year they're making them you could probably get a good price on one pretty soon. Magnum and the Pacifica are among the 4 models Chrysler is dropping.

30. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

[​IMG]
    This is my driver, 60 miles a day to work. Has 56000 miles and only complaint is it likes tires but I corner it pretty hard quite often. 2005 Mazda 3 5 speed 2.3l 4cyl. Runs good and is fun to drive, not much domestic in the price range that would drag me out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.