Register now to get rid of these ads!

If you were to buy a newer vehicle, what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by independentcustoms, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I rented the Magnum back in the spring and took it from NY to Florida and back. Put about 4000 miles on it and I was never uncomfortable. And them fuckers were everywhere in the South

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

HHR, hate it or love it. It is a practical size vehicle that can haul parts and easy to get in and out of, reasonable fuel economy, and just a touch of old car styling.

3. Just got a 05 F-150 super cab. Its a great truck. Gas with the 5.4 isn't ideal, but it hauls with no problems.

Our next new car is going to be a new Ford Edge. 18-24 mpg, feels like driving a truck, really nice suspension, and 235 hp that will smoke the tires on the FWD mommy car.

4. nexxussian

nexxussian

There's a company here that has at leat one HHR done up as a Panel Delivery and is painted with company colors and sineage. Looked kinda neat that way.

5. New car would be a black Charger SRT....new truck would be a Hemi Dodge 4x4....yellow maybe.

6. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I have an '06 GMC crewcab 2500 4x4, an '06 Porsche 911 C-4 and an '08 T&C van. Also have an '04 Jeep Unlimited, '66 Olds Tornado, '46 Pontiac woody, '27 Zipper Lakester and a '29 Ford CCPU. My biggest problem is paying the registration and insurance.

Next car in my sights is an '86 Chrysler T&C ragtop with the turbo option.

And, some new gold chains.

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

4 words..........shortbus!:)

8. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I have a Magnum now. One of the best cars I've ever owned and I've owned Audi's, Lexus, Toyotas etc. It's very comfortable, sport and gets good gas mileage. I'd buy another one but Chrysler has decided to stop building them.
    If cash was no object, definitely a Cadillac CTS V

9. Rat L. Can

Rat L. Can
    from Indy

[​IMG]

Gotta get to work on time, don't I..?

10. Thanks for the compliments!
    Yes the Colorado front suspensions are a bitch to put airride on and actually make it lay flat. We have that problem figured out now with our new tubular upper and lower control arms.
    We put the MII on this one because we built the '04 in 2003 in less than 9 weeks and no aftermarket parts were available then. (read time crunch) EVERYTHING was handbuilt to make it lay.

11. Traded in the old totaled out 91 s-10 for a 03 sonoma gmc last week, wanted a newer dailey. :D

12. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I guess if you are going to buy a Magnum wagon you should do it quick...

"Being eliminated from the product portfolio through 2008 are the Dodge Magnum and the Chrysler Pacifica, Crossfire and PT Cruiser convertible."
    http://www.autoobserver.com/2007/11/chrysler-end-of.html

I heard the PT Cruiser was getting stopped all together but this article just says the PT Cruiser convertible.

13. Gigantor

Gigantor

A "NEW" vehicle? I don't have much faith in the lifetime of most domestic products these days, and Hondas and Toyotas have been very good to me. I'd probably get a new Toyota Tacoma with the V6. I know they're made in America these days, but as far as reliability goes - Toyotas can't be beat.
    The full size Tundra would be cool just for the full-size bed, but as a compromise for gas mileage - I'd go with the Tacoma.
    4x4 of course.

14. F250 superduty extended cab diesel manual trans 2 wheel drive
    green with brown interior
    or cts-v maroon with tan interior
    wish i was rich
    tk

15. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I drive a 98 Mustang GT everyday, and I honestly love the car. The 4.6 mod motors are nasty, sound great, and run forever. I look forward to the day when I can drop a Kenne Bell blown DOHC in there. I'd buy another Mustang in a heartbeat.

I'd love a Magnum SRT-8 or even an R/T, but I don't like the fact that I'm stuck with an automatic.

An '04 BMW M3 (the last body style), would be awesome as well. Terrific performance and style, incredible driveability. Laguna Seca blue all the way.

16. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I bought one of those new Tacomas. love it.
    This is the one that I will keep forever. I am just curious how long one will last with good maintence.
    Funny thing about all this....
    If we were putting the old cars through the same vigors of todays demands. Ford Chevy and Chrysler would have been out of business before they even got started

[​IMG]

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I just bought an '07 Silverado Crew Cab which is my first new vehicle. I love that thing. But if I were to buy something else I might be thinking about a Chevy Trailblazer SS or the new Camaro even though I am certainly not a camaro kind of guy. I thing those two cars would be a blast to drive.

18. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

...hellz yeah. +1

oh...i have a toy-work-truck already ('07 GMC Canyon). be nice to have a REAL one!

19. budd

budd

mustang, like a 2005, then pull the engine and install a 429 super cobra jet, 4 speed, bumpers, 67/68 style interior, louvers on the rear window, cobra scoops on the sides, outside air shaker, some updated billet ketstone clasics.

20. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

Bought a Chrysler 300c. Very good car, first Mopar product I have ever owned. It replaced a 1996 Impala SS. I like it more than the Impala.

21. I rented one the HHR's when I was out in LA, I liked it. I have a 2000 GMC serria ext cab, when I got it only had to drive 9miles to work, and at 16.5 mpg hwy, I didn't care. Now I drive my truck to customer locations(500 to 700 miles a week) so I've been doing mods- cat back exhaust, cold air intake, electric rad fans, now get 22 mpg. Checking out where I can get it dyno tuned here in MN. Goal- 25mpg, better than a new one.

22. nexxussian

nexxussian

Or an LS7 (dry sump and all) with a T-56 or a TKO 600, kinda like the 'Orphan' only newer.:D

23. If I was rich of course

[​IMG]

24. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

AMAZING how many here like the new Dodges...for a car, that'd be my pick, too.

25. paintpyro

paintpyro

Ive got 31k on my 05 Magnum. Only have the SXT (250hp V6), thought the mileage would be better than the Hemi (70 miles a day to work). Never had an issue with it. Rides smooth. Plenty of room.

26. Hmm...if I do wind up with a Colorado I'll be in touch with you about those control arms. Great job on building the truck in such a short period of time.

27. I'm trying, I just haven't been able to get the "right" deal. I have been trying hard to get a "new" 06 R/T, surprisingly enough there are a couple around here at a few different dealers. I spend 4 hours going back and forth with the dealer the other day, and we didn't come to an areement. Tomorrow I will try again at another dealer

28. My brother has a 99 Mustang GT, and I own a 2003 6 cylinder (bought it for my fiance). I hate both of them. They look fine, they run fine, my brothers has a few mods and sits on 20in wheels, but when I drive 'em I am miserable.

29. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

umm there is a magnum for 08. I did some work on them up in Canada.

And the Camaro is suppose to be out in march/april. as a 09 model.

30. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I just bought a Toyota Yaris for work and my wife just got a Prius. Love the mileage and they are maintenance free..............

I'd like to replace my Dodge Ram 2500 with a Toyota King Cab Tundra 4x4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.