Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone Interested In Had Biult Model A Bodies?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dcroadsters, Oct 31, 2007.

1. dcroadsters

dcroadsters
    from USA

Hand Built Steel Model A Bodies, Coupes, Roadster, Sedan, Will Be Offered By Dcr In The Future. Trying To Check Response. Resonably Priced Not 10,000 Like A Brookville.

2. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I am really not sure if I would buy one but would definatly buy steel before glass. I guess it would also depend on price and where they are made(USA). Others may not care where they are made but it is something I look at. Also consider touring car bodies.

3. turdytoo

turdytoo

They should look like Ford bodies even if the parts are not interchangeable with originals. Brookville parts are interchangeable where Rodz Bodies are not, even though both look good.

4. dpends realy on the price and craftmanship ,i dont care4 where they made as long the peoples get fair payed and so on

5. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

a brookville is only 6,000 for a model-A
    and they're fairly nice
    if you can compete with that price and have the same quality and exactness in shape (not saying brookville is perfect)
    i dont see why people wouldnt buy them?

6. turdytoo

turdytoo

;) I would hope the bodies would be more accurate than your spelling.

7. dcroadsters

dcroadsters
    from USA

thanks for noticing i tried to fix it before anyone posted, but what the hell i am human.

8. 31whitey

31whitey

A coupes can easily be found for under 3gs.
    Brookeville has the market for roadsters, RPUs and now the 3w.
    Why not 33s and 34 coupes, I know the roadsters are being made, But I would throw down for a reasonabally price 33 34 body.
    Are the 32, 33, and 34s harder to make?

9. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

On that note, what about repoping Chevy or any non Ford body? I would be up for some sort of GM car.

10. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I agree with J-man ,do something that isn't already being done. T coupes,c cabs,or go wild with a non Ford brand. I am a Mopar lover and these guys are brand loyal and they really don't have anything. The 33-34 PLy coupes are awesome. Just my opinion.

11. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

personally i really only want real ford bodies...

now taht im a liar, i may buy a brookeville eventually for a roadster body, they are close enough, great quality, ease of replace,ment parts, and its hard to beat the deal

12. foolnhismoney

foolnhismoney

I agree do a body no body is already building. GM and Dodge have cars with the same appeal as long as price isn't to out there.

13. raven

raven

A nice Model A coupe body at a reasonable price would get me interested.
    r

14. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

On the business end, you have to make a profit, most are going to want early fords. You'd have the most demand for 32-34 ford steel bodies. If you did a $5000 steel Deuce roadster you'd make a killing. IF it was close to the real deal. Or a steel 33-34 3W ford or chevy, nobodys doing them. While i'm dreaming add a 33 or 41 steel willys coupe to the list.

But curious, how are you going to do these? Brookville has mega dollar tooling and still can't keep up with demand. If your talking A coupes and sedans, how are you going to do the stampings for a coupe or sedan, your talking a major investment. making cowls and skins are one thing, but making all the A, B pillars, doors, trunk and window openings of a coupe, wow, You have all the tooling for that? Can you tell us a few more details about how they'll be built?

15. jhmagill

jhmagill

I too agree. Low cost T coupes or C cabs would be great. Non Ford truck stuff also like 192?- 1935 Chevy truck.

16. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i would LOVE to see this bussiness proposal...

you must have MILLIONS ready to tie into this

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sounds like a great idea..hope you can pull it off.
    just my feelings here ..but i would try to make the body like the original, that way you open yourself up to a very large already existing market. Repair panels, doors, deck lids, etc..etc..etc..
    my feeling is if you make it your own body to look like but be dimensionally different, it will only be attractive to one crowd..build it so all the old tin (fix em up) guys will be your puchasing market too.

18. premium

premium
    from Goergia

/\ great idea!

19. brewsir

brewsir

Yes...it would probably take a pile of cash to get off the ground....but there is a market for steel bodies as Brookville has shown. For me it would be all about the quality....I would not pay less just to get much less quality. I would also like to see a steel 33-34 coupe or roadster being made....and as long as we're here 6-7K would probably get me in one! (I know...dream on)

20. Ricola

Ricola
    from MN

The Duece is cool and all but the "T" coupe in any form rules! My preference is chopped, dropped, channeled, raked, and wicked!

21. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Lately, I've noticed a real high demand for T coupes. I'd say that there would also be a good market for a '23 T roadster body (witness all the fiberglass ones being sold). Also, there would be a fairly high demand for a metal Morton and Bret body repop.

22. How many have you built so far? How about some pictures?

23. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Lot's pics of what your trying to sell/market always helps! but yes, I would definitely be interested if the price was right for a 5 window A coupe:)

24. 100%!

25. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I agree with what's been said about offering something that's not currently on the market. I can't help but believe an exact copy of a '33-'34 3w Ford coupe (and hopefully offered with a 3" chop option) wouldn't sell like hot cakes.
    I also know it would be a pricy offering and these guys talking about $6,000-$8,000 are either on some wonderful drugs or still believe in the Easter Bunny. Brookville '32's are not for everyone price wise but they aren't making the killing that most believe they are. HELLO!! This is a business, and reasonable profit isn't a dirty word. Stop by Brookville sometime and take a look at the MILLIONS OF DOLLARS they have invested in their product. There is a reason there aren't 4-5 steel "32 3w's out there and a lot of it has to do with investing your time (this isn't 40/hour per week stuff) and the size of your balls. I appaude Ray (and now Kenny) for "putting it on the line" so we have these things available.
    Whew!! I should be on their pay roll or at least get a substantial discount (neither of which is on the plate). I've been their customer since Ray started with a small shop in downtown Brookville, Ohio and have watched them grow into what they have today by staying focused and turning out a great product.

Frank