Register now to get rid of these ads!

Essex tags in Chinese?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fishtail8, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Tripped across an Essex body in a local yard a few ago... While looking at it I noticed that the tag on the firewall was half in English and the other half was in Chinese or Japanese... Were they getting bodies from China allready? No pics tho.... sorry... When I go back to get it I'll put a pic...

2. Rodmania

Rodmania
    from Norway

Hi, i have a essex super six from '29 and i think it's some chinese (or japanese) on the firewall tag (will check it out and post pics later). Maybe because they shipped cars to asia?? I have no idea, but if check out this webpage: http://www.hudsonclub.org/ i guess some of the HET-heads got the answer :)

3. ems customer service

ems customer service

i have a picture book by amc on there history and they did export a bunch of cars to china before ww2 they even made some special china only body styles, they may have benn broke down in crates and assembled there

4. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

5. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Thanks for the links guys... I might try and get back out there for some pics soon...

6. are you sure you didn't see them at walmart?

7. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Maybe it was at the world's largest, open-air, carparts special Walmart... Could have been...