Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where to buy Old style Cutting Torch Glasses?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straightaxle65, Oct 29, 2007.

1. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

These modern day, wrap around cutting torch glasses are CRAP!! And I don't like face shields or bulky goggles.

Is there a place where I can buy the old, Buddy Holly style glasses with the side shields and lenses that are safe for Oxy/Acy use?

2. cretin

cretin

I got mine from the swap meet

3. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

They show up on evilBay quite regularly - the seller seldom knows what they are. Might get a pair cheaply.

4. GENERATORSHOVEL

GENERATORSHOVEL

I were tinted safety glasses. There are no UV rays produced by oxy-acetelyne, nothing to burn your eyes.

5. budd

budd

just about any welding supply store should have them, i use shade #5, just check to see if the arms are really rubbery, they fall off.

6. I got mine at safetyglassesusa.com

7. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

Why are the new ones crap?

8. squirrel

squirrel

9. those full tinted face shields are sure fucking nice when hot slag is flying!

10. Nimrod

Nimrod

Because everything these days has become crap. No more quality. My boss buys some fancy new style safety glasses for everyone every couple of months and every pair I've had have broken within weeks. The other thing I hate about modern safety glasses is the wrap around streamlined shape, you fold them up and there still two inches thick and won't fit in you're pocket.
    The old ones just last forever, are comfortable to wear and fit in you're pocket. A co-worker calls 'em "birth control glasses", look a little dorky I guess.

11. squirrel

squirrel

click on "squirrel" on the left, and "view public profile". Good think I already have 3 kids

12. budd

budd

are you sure those glasses are think enough?

13. squirrel

squirrel

gotta love typos