Register now to get rid of these ads!

Me & Big Olds Do Day of the Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Oct 25, 2007.

1. drock6570

drock6570

We'll definitely take you out to dinner @ Ricardos! Youll have to PM El-Guapo for all names and addresses of the scrapbook stores. Thanks for the great pics See Ya in November!!

2. Awesome coverage as always Denise!!!

I'm suffering withdrawl. How about we do it again next weekend? ;-)

3. Dirty2

Dirty2

Great story !!!! Thanks !!!!! The truck is Ricks ,Ornery37 on the hamb and hes a thunderbolt also.

4. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Wow! Now thats some good coverage. Tons of action!
    See ya soon.

Love, D.W & Laura

5. EarPunch

EarPunch
    from Conroe, Tx

Awesome coverage ! DOTD was a blast, can't wait until nest year.

6. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Great job giving us a tour of the drags Denise, it was great to see you again. You know....if you moved to Austin you wouldn,t have to fly back to Livonia...you would already be home.

7. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Awesome, Denise. I KNEW you'd have fun.

It was a bit of a pain in the ass to not be able to leave you there for a few days but since you had to use all of your other 42 weeks of vacation this summer going everywhere else, we just had to make due!

Hope to see you next week!

And Randy, I'll get right on that '54...it's on my list.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If I moved to Austin, none of you guys would like me anymore. I'd just be another one of those damn yankees that moved in.:D

9. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I herd that I have needed a fix all week !:)

10. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

Denise,

Thanks, once again, for great event coverage
    and pics......Woody

11. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

I feel like I missed something now...

Incredible coverage....

You ought to turn your hobby into a career.....Get paid to travel, and do event coverage. :)

12. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Denise do you have the coolest life or is just me?

13. INCREDIBLE coverage as usual!

Here's a copy of what I just posted to the Questions & Suggestions board concerning an additional archive but thought it should be mentioned here as well:

It occurs to me that an additional archive is needed - called "HotRodLadyCrusr's ADVENTURE ARCHIVE". Denise's superlative event coverage has graced this board for quite awhile. Not only does she professionally cover the event itself but she goes out of her way to make sure there are as many HAMBers as she can find (or find her) liberally sprinkled throughout her posts. For many, her coverage is their sole way of "attending" an event. Just look at what she's posted in the last year:

Milwaukee World of Wheels
    Grand Rapids World of Wheels
    Rumblers, Daytona Beach, Florida
    Detroit Autorama
    LoneStar Roundup, Austin TX
    Paso Robles
    BilletProof Detroit
    Eyes On Design, Detroit
    Hot Rod Cinematic
    Rock & Race, Dragway 42
    Speed Week Bonneville Tour
    HAMB Drags
    NSRA Kalamazoo
    GG Chicagoland
    HunnertCarPileUp
    Day of the Drags, Austin TX

She provides a wealth of information and entertainment that truly reflects what the personal side of this board is all about and she does it very, very well.

14. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Great coverage as always. Thank you so much, I felt sick because I had to miss. But your coverage felt like I was there. I can hear Reggies laugh, see Blake's smiles, imagine Flattop Bob's stories and the smell burnt race fuel.

Laura rocks! I am so glad she refers to it as "Their" car. I wish my wife would actually be that affectionate to my afflictions or is that addictions……..

Come on Denise, you didn't recognize my car? Sean was doing my trunk, I didn't have it done back when he originally did the interior. I got it back the Monday after DotD. Yes, he is a ruler, and JohnJoyo is pretty high up there as well.

15. bigken

bigken

No biggie, dear. And remember, I promised I would NOT tell a soul. ;)

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I did take a photo of the trunk and interior. I really like the diamond tuff pattern. I probably did not recognize it as yours as I wasn't seeing too clearly cuz the tears were starting to well up. I was just about to walk out the shop door knowing it'd be another month before I saw Big Olds again.

I'll post those photos as soon as I can get to them.

You were sorely missed last weekend.

17. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I knew I was jealous last weekend for a good reason. Looks like a great time.
    I am excited to go to the Round-up more than ever now!

Edit: I was so jealous and bored in Ohio I had to go buy a new car! ;)

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hot rods, car events and the people that go along with this type of lifestyle are my world. My social activities revolve around this. Because you guys are also into it you think it's cool. My "other" girlfriends and family members don't understand nor would they consider it the "coolest life".:rolleyes: It's all in your priorities. I think I got my priorities in order.:D

I'm heading someplace pretty special tomorrow, really special in my book. Stay tuned next week for the coverage.:cool:

Once I find a way to accomplish that the HAMB will be the first to know.:D

Thanks to everyone for the kudos. I do what I do cuz you folks appreciate it.

19. Brad S.

Brad S.

I'm glad Wyatt popped in to claim his car. Dude I can't believe you missed this...unless you guys were having a kid or something. :D

I got to meet these folks in the parking lot at our hotel and I can't believe anyone was having as much fun as Casey, Ron, George, and the betterhalves. Michelle was genuinely pissed off Saturday night that they had pushed the gas roadster class back so far in the schedule.

I told Denise if she moved down here she'd just be another carpetbagging yankee but that hasn't stopped anyone actually. Isn't it snowing up there by now...and here we are getting ready to drive up to DFW for Pistons & Paint in a few weeks. :D w00t! Our season isn't over yet.

Got to meet DW and Laura at the hotel as well. Laura's parents apparently live up the road from us in Spring. I still think that's the meanest coupe I've seen lately.

As you can tell...it's been a week and I'm still having withdrawls.

20. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Thank you so much for sharing your trips with us. You do a great job of letting us feel like we were there at each event you cover. I'm glad you had a fun weekend!

21. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

Hey Denise,
    It was great meeting you too. I can't wait until LSR to meet some more car girls................(like us)..........not many of us out there!!
    Plus I will have my car done by then, I have been dying to drive it!!!

Great Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until we meet again-------------tata

22. BELLM

BELLM

Thanks for sharing, brightened up my day, more good memories. Was really good to see you and spend time with you last weekend. We actually got to eat 3 meals together!!:D

23. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

great coverage, thanks!

24. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

WOW! Made me feel like I was there! I agree with what Sutton said: This kind of stuff needs to be your career.

25. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Another great event coverage Denise. Sometimes when I get a little down about not going and staying home to work on the car, I'll pull up one of your threads and get motivated again! Now that the end is in sight, winter is almost here.

Thanks for taking the time and making the effort for all of us. So whats the deal with the teaser???

Regards,

J.

26. 30roadster

30roadster

I know i saw all the same things you did Denise...but somehow you put it together so well. I got to see DOTD twice! - thanks for all your work....
    My wife got to see what my son and i did over the weekend! :D

27. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Denise it was good to see you again. I hope that next time you will eat fajitas with us, and skip the burger.
    Robert

28. Mootz

Mootz

Awesome coverage as usual. I must say that D.W.'s car is rapidly becoming my favorite car on here. The proportions are perfect and it hauls ass as well. Thanks for the shots!

Mootz

29. Denise-

Again, great coverage of the event, and thank for posting a pic of my coupe! (purple 38 chevy)

Since you're so in-famous around here, I recognized you but I'm kinda shy by nature. I had hoped there would be a meet 'n' greet for guys like me to put names to faces....

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well sometimes I feel funny planning it at a new event that I've never attended unless someone asks. I had no idea where to suggest a place. If I'd have known the Thunderbolts AWAYS park in the same spot and get that canopy area I would have suggested that.......like next year.:D

Now that I know I like them, you can bet on it. They were delicious and I'll let you in on a little secret, it was my first one...ever.:eek:

If you are referring to my top secret adventure tomorrow, you will just have to wait till next week for the post.:D I think Megan is going to be alittle upset she didn't come along.;)

We'd better be careful.....folks are going start talking.:D

You've GOT to promise to take me for a ride in it at the LSR.......PLEASE!:cool: