Register now to get rid of these ads!

Austin / San Antonio --Locals Only--

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, Oct 23, 2007.

1. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

A while back there were talks of having parking lot gatherings somewhere along the I-35 corridor between Austin and San Antonio. The Bi-weekly Dog & Duck is great but even for me being 30 miles away it's tough to make every time. Same goes with the weekly events in the SA area, and I'm sure others feel the same way. My shop is in a warehouse complex and the parking lot is pretty big, and somewhat lit up at night. Nobody cares what goes down there (i've already talked to 3 of the other tenants, as well as the landlord), it's about a mile from I-35, and right near the Outlet Malls in San Marcos. It's also about 2 miles from Riley's Tavern (oldest bar in TX)

So I'm throwing it out there. Here's a big open place right smack dab between SA and Austin. If anyone wants to help organize a 'hangout' then hit me up.

Jeremy

2. OutLaw

OutLaw

Riley's Tavern, is one of my favorite bars. Sounds like fun, as long as your not going to be there.

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Too bad, I was going to supply beer, but you messed that up for everyone.

4. Wesley

Wesley

i could do something like that once a month as long as it didnt interfere with the duck huddle. LOL. seriously though, I would suggest that an event between Austin and San Antonio be held on Friday or Saturday that way most people wouldnt have to worry about gong to work early the next day. Just my 2 cents.

anybody got change?

5. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

If it were on a Sat I would be down with it.

6. 81ttopcoupe

81ttopcoupe
    from Cedar Park

Saturdays would be cool. I sold my 53 Caddy to the owner(?) of Riley's for parts for his.

7. drock6570

drock6570

Rileys is my get away spot when shit gets too heavy. Love that place to death, emptied many tequila bottles there. Im with outlaw and raceyredhead. Make it happen!

8. bohlsd

bohlsd

Sounds good. Keep us posted!