Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fire!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daveyboy56, Oct 22, 2007.

1. TODD MARRS

TODD MARRS
    from California

2. All of SoCal are in our prayers! Stay safe.

3. RATFINKFOREVER

RATFINKFOREVER
    from Canada Eh

Us crazy Canadians are sending the mars water bombers in about a day to help with the fires. Best of luck to all of you and your homes.

Cheers RatFink

4. Yep,the Mars is on the way!Hope everyone is okay.

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Hope this post finds all our socal Hamb brothers and sisters a little smokey but otherwise fine. We're praying for ya down in TX. Good of the Canadians to pitch in to help, it is much appreciated. Be safe everyone.

6. Here is the Mars,sure hope it helps.Stay safe everybody,were all hoping for the best.

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The Mars is awesome. Shame there are only 2 left.

8. MattGergeni

MattGergeni

I hope this one isn't yours. I spotted this photo on the newswires yesterday.

[​IMG]

9. rodknocker

rodknocker

Here's another perfect example where FEMA should have planned ahead and gave all the people out there in Cali with undriveable hotrods,those trailers to gut em out and haul away your car.

10. DrJ

DrJ

I smell a sarcasm...

Just read your profile and said to myself; "Yep, that's him, and the bugger knows it too."
    But that's no excuse, you're still a mean kid. :(

11. seldom scene

seldom scene

I live near the ocean and so far have been safe although the air is full of smoke and ash and is hard to breathe. The winds have died down some what and fire fighters w/aircraft are making progress. They are able to stop the fire in one place and then it starts up again in another.
    Many thanks to all of you for your prayers and comcern!

12. Gabacho_LBC

Gabacho_LBC

Still searching for "Chuck Henry" on the news to see if he has lost another NEWS VAN????

13. rodknocker

rodknocker

Well I'm just sayin,they still have all of those trailers from hurricane Katrina just sitting in a huge field,they could have at least put them to use.I wish all you guys in cali luck,I lived in Florida 6years ago for those wildfires, so I can relate.But I guess its ok to be a mean kid,:D

14. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Chuck Henry thing was in 2003 not 2007

15. HotRodDean

HotRodDean

Best of luck to all you Guys n Gals in Cali'. We're thinking of you over here in the UK, I wish we could send you some of our rain!!

16. Mopar34

Mopar34

It would be real tough to use those trailers to haul away cars seeing how they are "house" trailers with no garage space. Yeah I guess you could "gut" them to make room for a car, but then you'd have to brace all the walls to stop them from collapsing on the cars.:eek:

If you put all of your hopes and faith in a government agency to bail you out of a fix, then you're liable to drown.....in red tape. Governments for the most part are not real responsive to the public unless they think they get more money out of you. Looking out for #1 should be everybody's priority.:D

On a more positive note, I pray this tragedy in CA comes to a close shortly. Pray for weather changes to assist those who are on the front lines of the fire, so they can do their jobs more effectively and save as much as possible. I have relatives who have been beaten to hell by hurricanes, tornados and fire, so I know what many of those people in SD are going through and I pray that it will over soon.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

17. Justin B

Justin B

i posted on the other thread already but i'll do it here as well, we got the all clear (we only had voluntary evacs in carlsbad but 10 yards south of us in encinitas had mandatory evacs) we were all packed but never left, but could have been out in less than a minute if we had to.

anyways i'm pretty sure there were several hambers up in the romona, escondido, highland valley and surrounding areas that might not have a house anymore, if you need anything don't be affraid to ask, we'll help out in any way that we can.

18. kool1

kool1

My prayers are with you and all others out there. As said before things can be replaced people can't. God Bless

19. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Thanks for that link, SDJoe......very helpful.....I have a lot of friends in California and this map shows me who's in trouble and who's safe.....fortunately, all my friends are in good shape so far.....

Brucie

20. Pete Aardema - thought that name sounded familiar - he's the guy that does the OHC conversions. I can feel for him. I take for granted all the stuff I have hanging around the shop that is next to un-replaceable. Hope he had most of his treasures at his shop.

Wishing the best to all the HAMBers and rodders on the Left Coast.

Dennis

21. KIRK

KIRK

Hope it all works out for the best, good luck.

22. Actually, a lot of the blame for these fires being so bad has been placed on a combination of 80 years of stopping all wildfires as quickly as possible, plus the last 20 or 30 years of environmental regs not allowing controlled burns or other clearing of the underbursh, which is what gives these fires a lot of their fuel. To top it off, some of them are arson, a suspect in one fire they shot and killed when he tried to ram his way out of being blocked in by the police.

It makes sense to me. By the way, that pickup is in the background of the shot in the other thread ("this will break your heart" or something like that) that shows a burned out '26-ish Chrysler coupe.

23. hope everything is ok after all this is said and done.

24. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Hell it burned here in 2003 and then in 2005 the steven ranch as started by a weilder on a gate in west ridge by the TPC glof club or close to it
    But it is all done here for the most part.
    I did see a house here that burned that had a 35 frod truck in it

25. Just went on a huge road trip through Yellowstone and the Black Hills. The have crews working steady cleaning up all of the under brush. So they can reduce the chance of fire. Good luck to you all and I hope they get them stopped quickly.