Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 48 Plym. gets out in the sun

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparme, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Finally after 3 long years it is rollin. A little left to do but hope to be drivin Oct. end. Take a look..
    Bryan

Attached Files:

2. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Oh Yeah!! Another P-eriffic Mopar hot rod about to hit the bricks. The coupe is lookin mighty fine my man. The dark blue is very period hip. Guessing it might be a 360? Hmmm-cruzin-cool!! Thanx for the pix.-Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

thats a cool hot rod you got there.nice to see a mopar.

4. Orn

Orn

I agree with the others, very nice.:cool:
    It’s sits pretty high; do you future plans involving some slamming?

5. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Kool! Anyone can drive a Ford or GM..........

6. Thanks fellas, It has a low compression 340 with big valve heads and a 509 M/P cam. It is a '73 motor, the last of the 340's. I figure I'll get some torque and still use pump gas with some 104. I will get it to sit lower later. It has the orig 8 leaf springs in it. I'm gonna have a local shop make me a new Pair over the winter that aren't so heavy duty.
    Later, Bryan

7. Coooool, 'great to another MOPAR on the road !!!!

Dave
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '46 Plymouth Business Coupe
    '39 Plymouth Business Coupe

8. I can't put my finger on it, but the postwar Mopar coupes are really growing on me. Yours is one of my favorites.

9. shpotty

shpotty
    from New Jersey

Bryan,

Nice car. Good job keeping it all Mopar too.

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Nice P15 Club Coupe. I've owned a number of P15s(3 club coupes, 2 fourdoor sedans, and a woodie wagon) over the years and have found them to be a very reliable old car in stock form. Rodded they have to be more so. Wish I had one in my driveway right now but I'll have to behappy with my garage stuffed full of Ford T stuff and a 57 Chevrolet BelAir in the drive to finish..

11. Doug F.

Doug F.

Glad to see the stock front suspension. How did you get the disc brakes on it? My family had a 47 "Special Deluxe" club coupe from the time I was 7th grade through college. We swapped in a 283 & auto, and painted it 3 times in 13 years, once with candy-apple flames. Warning - personal opinion coming - FWIW, I think the styling is better than nearly all other marks of the 1946 - 1948 period. Be cautious while considering body mods on these cars. I have been looking at them for 40 years and can't recall seeing any body mods that actually improve the looks!

12. 46mopar

46mopar

Stop taking pictures of it and get it done.

13. Empty-pockets

Empty-pockets
    from Louisiana

It seems that I have found myself working on a few.....
    The first was a 1933 2-door with a 383,then a 1951 2-door that in 2 weeks and around a grand got it running.....until my buddy let the air out...They don't run without ''AIR''..Now I have a 1946 2-door with a 360. It had a small engine fire.. good thing the guy had insurance...a lot of it....GOT THE CAR CHEAP....It's about time...Oh yeah about the 51 I'm trying to get my buds to help me grease a 360 up and slide it in..:cool: