Register now to get rid of these ads!

Last Refuge hot rod shop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smokestack lightnin', Oct 21, 2007.

1. smokestack lightnin'

smokestack lightnin'

I've been looking around for a frame for my tudor project, and I found a listing on ebay by a company called Last Refuge in Colorado. I know they've been around because I've been seeing the same listing for a while. Anybody heard of these guys or know anything about their frames?

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Norb is the owner and he is a member on this message board. I got a Model A pu bed from him recently. Goes by Norbyrattler on the Hamb.

3. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

do a search there has been plenty of talk about them.

4. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Still waiting for Norbert to settle up with me.....It's been almost two years!

5. hotrod327

hotrod327
    from Orygun

"Anybody heard of these guys or know anything about their frames?"

As an FNG here, this is probably not the way to start off, but since you asked.......
    I have, and can say from first hand experience the word "crap" comes to mind. That would sum up the products and the company. Thats just my experience, yours may be different. Check the Colorado AG's office, the Colorado BB complaint division, and the Meadors boys in Pleasanton and ask them about 'ol Norb........ BTW, "Norb", where's my 4 grand????

6. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

I have talked to Norb a few times and I have never had a problem getting in touch with the Last Refuge people....Good People from my experience.

7. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Do yourself a favor.....call Eric @ Riley Automotive if you want a bitch'n frame.

8. sigfordjoe

sigfordjoe
    from Michigan

What happened? Did you pay for a frame or body and not recieve it?

9. tmacracin

tmacracin

I'm ordering a "A" box from them should I cancel the order? Are they that shady? They seem good as far as customer service goes?

10. hotrod327

hotrod327
    from Orygun

What happened? Did you pay for a frame or body and not recieve it?

To summarize an otherwise long story: In Feb., I orderd (and pre-paid for) two '32 frames, 2 RPU bodys/beds w/ tops to be delivered by Norb to Pleasanton in March. Drove down to pick up my order and all he brought with him was one frame and one body....nothing else. After months of excuses and BS, finally recieved the second frame and body during summer. I never received items from the original order like tailgates, ladder bars, tops, and windshield frames; about 4K worth of stuff. I have since built and sold those two cars, (purchasing the undelivered parts in order to complete the projects). The quality of both the frames and bodys was absolute shit. The frames were twisted and out of square. The bodys had no subframe in the floor, only a floor pan; had to build subframe rails just to mount the damn things to the frame. Bodys too, were out of square as were the beds. The doors were twisted and out of square as well. It's like there were no jigs used to built this stuff. Those are just SOME of the problems I experienced with the quality and service of this "company". Norb's had plenty of time to make it right and has not.
    That's a very small part of this f---- up story, there's a whole lot more....but I believe you get the gist of it. Keep in mind that this is not an isolated experience. I know of guys from WA state to the Bay Area with similar stories. Deal with Norbie at your own risk......

11. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

12. sigfordjoe

sigfordjoe
    from Michigan

Well, hope this doesn't happen to me. I've already sent money and am waiting for delivery. Have talked to Norb a number of times, seems like a decent guy but it is going on four months now. Going to keep my fingers crossed and will report back.

13. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

!!!!!!!hello!!!!!!!

14. sigfordjoe

sigfordjoe
    from Michigan

Remember the good old days when you bought something from a street rod vendor either by catalog or the internet and got exactly what you paid for?

15. tmacracin

tmacracin

Who is making a GOOD model A box other than Last Refuge?

16. hotrod327

hotrod327
    from Orygun

Brookville produces some damn good quality products, including A boxes.....spendy compared to Norbys crap, but it's a "good" quality product and I beleive you can get them unassembled if your so inclined. Try our area dealer, Steve Simmons at http://www.sunrisecolor.com/ he's a gearhead and his prices are reasonable....

17. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Last Resort Hotrods......

18. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

sort of an anticlimactic intro. 23 months in lurking for this?
    you BETTER have a good pic to back it up. :D

19. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Norbert called me about noon - (Denver time) and told me that I was the reason he has a bad name on the H.A.M.B. - WTF!?!
    He also said that he would pay me the money that he owes via PayPal directly after our coversation.........It's know almost 4:00pm.

I can't believe i'm the only one that has been f*#ked by Last Refuge Hot Rods !!!!!
    *****Hey Norbert - do a search....there's others!*****

I feel sorry for the other people (customers of R.L.H.R.) that got screwed and can't tell their story. There is not one thing in this thread that Norbert did'nt bring on himself!

I can't wait to hear what Norbert has to say next...........

20. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Todd, Sorry it took 4 hours to get back to my office but I was on the road. Hope you are fine now.
    Norb

21. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

i'm getting my lawn chair and a beer, this could get good.:)

22. Pass the popcorn!!!!:eek:

23. cruzr

cruzr

drama...............tap tap tap.........

waiting for chapter 2

24. hotrod327

hotrod327
    from Orygun

Chapter 2 will be about Norbert making things right. He's indicated a willingness to do so, weather or not he does (and in a timely fashion) remains to be seen. Stay tuned boys and girls, the mickey Mouse Club will be right back after this message from our sponsors.......

25. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140295&showall=1 Serious mistakes being corrected. Lets not ignore all the good stuff. click on link. We still have a good product at a good price, PM me for references in your area. We have almost 1000 beds delivered and about 80 RPUs out there. The only resolution is give people thier money back and take the high road. We all make mistakes. I am building a dream, if it resets once in a while it only makes me better. We are in this for the long haul. Look for a post soon on putting a '40 dash in one of our cabs, neat.
    Norb

26. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

hey my 2 cents worth I ordered a bed and got it it looks good does not look like the hi priced brookville but I am into cheap and it looks good enough for the girls I go with long story short this is a standup guy who is having problems I am sure he will work it out for all concerned anybody who has started a new business will be able to tell ya the nightmares of the first few years untill ya get going
    Hang in there n communicate not bitch here to get the problem solved and dont try to screw up the remaining business because of past mistakes
    Ken

27. hotrod327

hotrod327
    from Orygun

"The only resolution is give people thier money back and take the high road."
    When can we expect payment in full?

28. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Can I get a AMEN !!! - brothers and sisters on the H.A.M.B.

I'll be right back, I'm gona get my banjo........

29. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Hotrod327 we just discussed this yesterday on the phone. I am working on a settlement letter and terms. Thanks You can PM or Phone me at any time.
    Norb

30. tmacracin

tmacracin

The only problem I have with them is they want all the cash up front???? I don't mind giving a healthy deposit to show I'm not going to flake out on them but they can't expect you to shell out the cash and wait for delivery twice as long as said????