Register now to get rid of these ads!

weekend is over what did you do ?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slag Kustom, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

Took off work friday to finish the floors in the shoebox and put some primer on the bare metal and body work. packed up the shop to move (landlord sold building). found a new building but cant move in till the 1st.

had to move 6 cars around and find places to keep them for a few weeks along with all my tools

Attached Files:

2. premium

premium
    from Goergia

i tacked up the side trim holes on the 49 and smoothed em out. and started on the shaved door handles. all the stuff thats free to do just takes time. ha. good luck getn in your new space.

3. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Made it to the Pile Up and back.
    11 hours driving down there 550 miles of sightseeing along the Mississippi and then Wi 14 on Friday
    Great show on Saturday.
    9-1/2 hours of Interstate 500 miles home on Sunday.

even the dog went to bed early last night.

4. pecker head

pecker head

I hate moving ! Went to Boerne Tx. Rod run , so weekend was shot . Took vac. today to work on coupe project ! PECK

5. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Drank Beer and watched Footballl......Does this count? Your project looks good

6. damdog

damdog

Good weekend- Sinc and I worked on our F-100 projects at my garage/driveway, he's got a 64 stepside with a 289 and I've got a 61 Uni with the 223 six in it; took a tailgate I got in a junkyard and a fender up to get sandblasted, yesterday tried to figure out why the 1 barrel Holley on mine runs fine for a while then the float sticks and spurts gas after she's warmed up... fortunately, I picked up a 61 shop manual at Hershey on Thursday...

Dog

7. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

I got my motor in finally, bolted in, as well as the tranny. New three-speed top linkage. Got rid of the column shifter. Cut the peices for my door panels and kick panels and plan on covering them in FUR today. Will post pics of that when I'm done. Mounted my decklid and put the speakers in there. I did enough!

8. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I cranked the 48 for the first time.

Those big pipes sure are loud. It sounds like a pro stock motor when it idles :)

I bet the whole neiborhood heard it.

9. 52RustRocket

52RustRocket

I sealed off the trunk area from the car interior, and installed my new speedo cable. Test drive showed that I had something hooked up wrong. Speedo not moving. I also dissasembled my rotted glove box and made a pattern from it. Today I'll get some galvanized steel and start cutting and bending into shape.

10. bob myers

bob myers

This weekend I helped MC the 50th anniversary party of the Counts of the Cobblestone in Rapid City SD. It was a great event with garage tours during the day and Roger Jetter [bangin gears and bustin heads], [ jalopy journal contributor], signing books and speaking to the 150 guests at the dinner. At the end we auctioned off metal sculpture one of our members welded together and raised almost $3000.
    The counts have met every Tue. since 1957 not missing a single meeting. Check our website at www.countscarclub.com. Bob Myers SD.

11. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

1. Pulled the driveshaft so I can get a new one built this week.
    2. Wired in my new Carter P4070 fuel pump.
    3. Stared at the new Lokar shifter, hoping it would somehow install itself.
    4. Took some measurements so I can order parts and build the exhaust next weekend.

and..............

5. My wife offered to sell her treadmill so I could finish up this phase of the project and get the Fairlane back on the road! Someone is coming to pick it up tonight.

12. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

moving really sucks. what sucks even more is i have spent the day at an empty shop waiting for the power company to show up to read the meter that they have been over charging me cause they dont have acess to it.

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

drove it like i stole it, parked it like it was bad.

cleaned out my grandpas garage and shed..bummer not any barn find in there. but i did find some vintage car stuff

14. I made a run to West Point, Ne to pick up a 27 Packard that I will be using a few parts from then selling the remains after that. Not a bad car for the money. Engine, trans hood, basically everything but most glass and seats.

15. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

went to portland oregon swap meet, remind me not to go to the fall one again...did pick up a few items though so not all bad, just was kinda small.

Dave L.

16. Picked up a set of vintage Edelbrock heads for my 239 Flathead.