Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 26 T coupe - Firewall & rear inner frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tall Tom, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

Well this week I was going to put in the steering column and clutch/brake assembly. Other things had to be done first - putting the cowl in. The cowl is rusted out pretty bad so I decided to take it to my local body shop (Mower County Custom) here in Austin MN that specializes in Rust Repair. They built and installed the back panel under the deck lid and will be doing most of the rust repair.

But first I needed to recess the Fire wall. Pictures show how I did it. Should have taken one with the welds ground smooth.

Checked with the body shop and couldn't get the coupe in until this coming Monday so I decided to build the rear inner frame that was missing. The photo of the rear panel shows the dimples for drilling and mounting the spare tire bracket. Welds stared looking pretty bad because I lost my argon pressure, got down to 5 lbs.

As long as the coupe will be at the body shop I think I'll clean up the engine and transmission and paint them next week - Buick Blue?

Attached Files:

2. Looking good Tom. What color are you planning on painting the car?

3. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Nice work! That Is pretty much how I'm planning on doing my firewall.

4. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

I started out wanting to build a Rat Rod but changed my mind so the color was going to be Natural Rust and now I'm not sure. Maybe the non shine black or Ford Green with Black fenders to match my stock 27 Tudor.

Attached Files: