Register now to get rid of these ads!

Somebody shot my shop dog!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OHR281, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Dogs running free will sometimes chase chickens and horses sheep and whatnot because it's their nature. The people who own these animals may love them just as much as you love your dog. The best way to keep your dog safe is to keep it on your property. I told my neighbors I would kill their dogs if they ever got after anything of mine. They couldn't believe it. One day thier dog killed somebody else's animal down the other way. Cost my neighbors $20,000. So they chained the dog with a long chain. Just long enough that the dog could jump my fence, but not reach the ground. So the dog hung it self. It takes at least some brains to own an animal.

2. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I'm probably the biggest dog lover on here...arrogant to say that, i know, but its true. That sickens me. Is your dog a constant barker or something? Is it running loose and terrorizing the neighborhood ? Not that it makes any difference, but i'm just wondering what would provoke this type of behavior from someone.

3. S of a B.I just can't get my head round how people do this shit.When an animal looks at you with sad eyes.........there's some strange muthas out there?!

4. JTM133

JTM133

im in to increase the award...the dogs of the South Austin Dog Ranch are pissed...

5. eltiberius

eltiberius

Whatever you do, don't take it out on the guys dog. There are no bad dogs, just bad owners.
    You know any big ugly patch-wearin' bikers? They could be your new neighbors "house guests"...for weeks. He did send out 22 caliber invitations. Time for some 44 magnum response...and everybody bring your dogs. Party at his house till it ain't a house anymore...and make sure he never sleeps till he pisses blood.
    When he does move to a new neighborhood, introduce him to his new neighbors.
    (You could also plant some crank at the house...send him away)

6. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

It's called anger and hatred ...i see alot of it on this board/forum from time to time and especially on this thread:(

We are like robots programmed to react ( in a negative way) as soon as someone pushes the right "button", to activate it (anger), then watch out everyone!

...but in the "real" world we are not robots. We are human beings born with a free will (the priviledge to choose right from wrong) ..some people take advantage of that priviledge.

It's time to unlearn this behavior or personality trait passed down from generation to generation.

A change of attitude can be a good thing in peoples lives.

I once heard that ... "a good thing can be a bad thing, if it's used for the wrong thing."

I have a strong love for dogs (got two boxers) as well, but i have a stronger love for people.

Peace,
    CAB

7. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

To summarize, you need to make sure who did it, why they did it and keep the dog supervised and not to wander. HAMBers are dog lovers, violent, and somehow have bags of doorknobs lying around the house. Some that want to hurt the neighbors pooches are assholes and all don't let your animals run around with livestock. Lastly, CAB is strange for liking people more than animals.

8. The Neophyte

The Neophyte
    from AZ

Man people suck! I wish your pup a speedy recovery.

I would end up in jail if someone shot my dog.

9. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I like dogs. My neighbors dog, Chico, was an allright dog. If my neighbors had enough smarts to obey the law about keeping your dog on your property, they would have saved another animals life, $20,000 they lost in court, and Chico's life. It's really not hard. Do unto others.

10. Road Runner

Road Runner

People who hurt pets need some of their own medicine.
    I can't say I would act rationally or wise, if anybody hurts my dogs.
    Just be careful with your response and make SURE you know who did it and why.
    A freak like that is more than likely mentally ill, emotionally unstable and unpredictable.

Poor Dog ! - Hope he gets better soon and stays indoors when Daddy is out next time.

11. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

man ! i`m sorry about axel and hope he heel`s up ok!
    I had a axel break this weekend to?
    I don`t know what I would do if someone shot my dog "moondogie"
    drive through his fucking house till I found him is my first thought.
    your doing good to stay so sane about it.
    saw your car at good guy`s cool ride!
    how about you give us his address ! and we can all send hate mail to him.

12. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

I am sorry to hear about your dog, I hope he gets better quick. It is a great thing for your dog that your wife works for a vet :) as far as the person who shot your dog... I would start looking around for ANY clues at all and try to find out for sure who shot him. go to your police dept and report this even though rite now you dont know for shure who did it, ( let them look into it ), go to local news papers with your story, and when the police figure out who did it , insist that they throw the book at him. The jerk should get 10 years for every bullet. ( no possible way to get out for good behavior )

13. gearjam1

gearjam1

-The DAY that I was to deploy to Germany, I came home to find that my Bull Mastiff, and her pup had been stolen off of my locked porch... I hope that whomever shot your dog...has it come around and bite them in the ass...literally.

14. Just reading this thread's title of this thread pissed me off. And it got worse after I read the first post. I love dogs. Both of mine, Jimbo and Jewel, are here by my side as I write this. They bring a lot of love and happlyness into my life. And I'm sure your pup does the same. The only good news here is your guy is one tough SOB.

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup, one day his Karma is gonna run over his Dogma!

Lookit, you both have a broken Axle!

16. Gman0046

Gman0046

Take your neighbor to Ma Goodsens for chicken fried steak, then shoot the SOB in the balls.

17. terrafirma66

terrafirma66
    from tampa fla

so so sorry to hear that a ballistics test will clear or hang your neighbor's sorry fucking ass. The cops need to know what lives next door and man I respect your control I think I would of just gone to a very dark place on that guy. evidence or not. Yeah ballistics man get it done.

18. Harris

Harris

Sorry to hear about Axle, be sure to keep us updated.

There sure are some Zen masters on this board.

As a pet lover I say leave his pooch alone, but... I know accidents happen all the time: gas leaks, electrical shorts.... the list goes on and on.

Seriously though if you do try to go the reward for information route - count me in for $10

19. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Well said, and I hope the dog gets better soon.

20. chickncoupe

chickncoupe
    from michigan

Glad the dog is ok .Its to bad some people do not relize that these arnt pet to most people but they are family . I say let the law do its thing and if he go to jail revenge will only cost a couple pac of smokes to the right inmate.

21. BtDt

BtDt

i see two problems with this situation 1. your neighbors an ass hole for shooting a dog that is obviously someones pet (family)

2. your an asshat for not keeping your pet (family) on your property

if your animals are special to you than you should keep them close to home where they belong

Good fences make good neighbors > . thats a period

JM2 C

22. b.r.

b.r.

god dammit. i have a lab named axle. i would f#$%king shoot some one i swear to god i would dood
    at least report his dumb ass if you have the bullet

23. BtDt

BtDt

b.r..its spelled...d u d e...ok?

24. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

You are wrong!

I have said exactly that to many irresponsible pet
    owners and will continue too. I take care of my animals
    and have never had an incident like this. If the dog was
    hit by a car or any other unfortunate thing would have
    happened it would be the owners fault. Why is this any
    different. I realize there is an evil person with a gun involved
    in this scenario. But, there are many dangers to our animals
    when left to fend for themselves.

I truly feel bad for the dog first and the family second.
    Yeah there's an asshole that needs to be dealt with but the
    whole incident could (and should) have been avoided.

Institutionalized??? If you fail to see the rationale in my thinking
    maybe it's you who needs an psyche evaluation. This is common
    sense.

25. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

br the deal is that in the country a property owner is within his rights to shoot your dog if it's in his pasture. Your good boy, playing with other local dogs is a pack. And they will run a horse to death, just playing. Dogs don't know any better. people who move from the 'burbs to "Ranchets" should know better. Most don't.

26. Man I hear you. I had some asshole shooy my dog last year. I keep him up all the time. He is just like one of my kids. Just like a kid he is nosey and when he gets loose he wants to roam. Lat summer he got loose and was gone for a day and a half. I live a good way out of town and have no neighbors really close, but somewhere he went some ass hole shot him twice in the hip and once in the front shoulder with some kinda small caliber gun. To this day if I found out who did it I would have no problem with shooting them. I have had dogs my whole life and have always gotten them as pups and raised them as family pets. everyone in any direction for several miles knows my dog and knows he is harmless and loving. Someone shot him just to be an asshole and that is what it sounds like your new neighbor did. I would walk right up to the cat and tell him I thought he did it and if he acted suspiciousI would blast him in the mouth and tell him if he had a problem with it he better run and get that gun before I get mine. Then again alot of people say I am a redneck like you referred to some of your neighbors as being...lol

[​IMG]

27. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Sorry to hear it. And i love then name axle for your dog.

28. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Glad he's doing well.

29. Damn good thing he had his safety glasses on!
    Get well Axle.

30. KIRK

KIRK

I hope your dog recovers soon. And I hope the chicken shit bastard that shot him gets what he has coming to him either by the law or other means. No excuse for something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.