Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Racing......... taiwan?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HMH INC, Oct 8, 2007.

1. HMH INC

HMH INC
    from RALEIGH,NC

so I decided to replace the oil pan on the 351w that's in my truck, it had a leaky gasket that contributed to my passenger side motor mount splitting. I opted to go with a Ford Racing pan, decent price, uses a stock pickup for the pump, it'll clear my cross brace ,and after all, it's a Ford motor. So a few days later I get all my goodies from the brown-frown, UPS, and stamped right on the side of the box it says 'FORD RACING, made in taiwan'. WTF?

2. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

does it fit? or leak? priced right

:rolleyes: WELCOME TO AMERICA

you might not be ready for this but go check everything you buy and see whaere it is or was made

ladies and gentlemen the REAL RIP VAN WINKLE HAS BEEN FOUND;)

3. I bought a new chrome oil pan for a Chevy recently, and when I was about to install it, I started wiping the inside clean with some paint thinner. The paper towel turned all silver. What the heck?:confused: I kept wiping and more and more silver kept wiping off. The inside of the pan had been spray painted silver instead of being plated. Underneath the silver paint was partially rusted steel. I wound up sloshing paint thinner in the pan to get all the silver crap out of it, because I didn't want that aluminum powder from the paint to all wind up floating around in my engine oil.

4. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Maybe it's the leftover paint from all those recalled 'Dora The Explorer' toys!:D At least it's lead based.

5. dbradley

dbradley

As long as we keep buying this crap, they'll keep makin' it.......:rolleyes:

6. HMH INC

HMH INC
    from RALEIGH,NC

dbradley, unfortunately, it's the damn truth, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that any part from anybody is made in taiwan, but damn, enough, ya'know?

7. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Send it back with a note saying you dont want any taiwan junk!! BTW I would have thought a Ford part would have Mexico on it?!?!?