Register now to get rid of these ads!

I would Like to see pics of your late 30's-40's sedans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40chev, Oct 8, 2007.

1. 40chev

40chev

I have been reading a while and have seen a lot of great cars/trucks on here but not so many sedans....I know they are not as popular as coupes, buckets ect but they still make cool rods.....Any pics of your sedans will be great....

I have a 40 chevy 2dr sedan I bought over 5 years ago that is getting a frame off....mostly sat for these years and have now finally got the itch to start on it again......Hopefully get the left rocker and lower body welded in this week and then start on the floor so I can lift the body off the frame...

Thanks in advance for any pics and stories about your sedans...

Randi

2. 38pickup

38pickup

Well here are a few pictures of my dads 1939 ford tudor sedan. It was the first car I helped work on. I learned a lot helping my dad. It has a built fladhead that was as close to a full race motor as you could get and still run on pumped gas. It would run all day log at 90+ mph. Although you can't see it in the pictures, there are ghost flames in blue pearl. We sold it, and the only thing changed were the door panels, and the color of the offy heads. I think it was on egay a months ago. I miss it sometimes, but that is life. Hope you guys like the pictures.

Attached Files:

3. 4tford

4tford

Not a chevy but a 40.

Attached Files:

4. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Here is my '39 Chevy sedan. Work in progress.

[​IMG]

5. My 41

Attached Files:

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That was nice car Tony.

Maybe Ebert will pop in with is '40.

7. tbird37821

tbird37821

this is a 41 chevy sedan that i built in the 90's. i had three kids and a wife so a coupe was out of the question. was a nova sub and rear end, power was an inline 6 and two speed power glide.

Attached Files:

8. Dgas

Dgas
    BANNED
    from Foley Mn

Had this 40 tudor awhile back and just got it back on a trade deal only now dissasembled w a late rear and 305 4BBL/T350 mounted , new floors and trunk, one pic is a gasser photoshop one of the guys here did when I had it B4. The last is my 41 tudor in progress :D

Attached Files:

9. 40chev

40chev

These are great guys, Thanks for the pics, thes ereally got me thinking about how I want to do mine now...

After looking at these I am thinking about a more simple style treatment for mine......Lowerd with a 2 inch rake, front fender openings just over the top of the tire and the rear openings about level with the top of the tire...
    Maybe Crager SS , torque thrust or possibly body colored steelie wheels with trim rings and moons ........no bumpers, 39 Chevy tail lights, smooth running boards.....

10. Mopar34

Mopar34

Only have a mid-thirties now, but here is my wife's dad's 39 ford fordor deluxe. Picture doesn't do it justice. Paint is candy apple red and is really sharp close up.

Attached Files:

11. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

My Old //39 Ford Deluxe Cdan .....

Attached Files:

12. My '39 with a 3 3/4" chop, nova sub. Please keep us updated on the progress of your car.

Attached Files:

13. jaco

jaco

Here's my 39 Plymouth that I picked up a couple weeks ago. Installed the motor and trans this weekend.
    [​IMG]

14. 40chev

40chev

These are all amazing cars, the more sedans that I look at the better I like mine LOL....The more I am thinking about keeping the body somewhat original minus the side window trim, those holes will be welded shut, kinda stuck with doing that since I sold my trim a year or so ago, at that time I was going to shave the body smooth and do it more modern street rod but after looking at all these cars today that you all have posted i've decided to go more retro so to speak, maybe towards the 70's look by keeping it plain and simple, straight color, original door handles ect...This will save work and expense too, hopefully have it running in a couple years.....a few months ago I was ready to set it to the curb but a few weeks ago I got the crap out of the inside, cut the rest of the old floor out and started seeing beyond what it looks like now and what I can have when it's running and driveable.....

Thanks again for the inspiration....

15. This past weekend at GoodGuys at Texas Motor Speedway there were a lot of sedans. I mean alot of them. They are very handy for carrying a bunch of stuff and they look good.

16. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

17. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My 39 chevy with a 2-1/2 chop
    [​IMG]

18. Retrorod

Retrorod

This is my daily driver, 1935 Tudor slantback. Got it "in a pile" in 1997, finally got it roadworthy in 2005. It is still a "work in progress".

Attached Files:

19. slamdpup

slamdpup

my 39 chevy without the running boards..dont have any pics with the boards on

Attached Files:

20. Chevy

Chevy

My 39 plymouth

[​IMG]

21. S.T.P.

S.T.P.

22. 40chev

40chev

This is the exact stance I am picturing in my head for mine, those wheels also with the possible use of WWW's ....

These have all been great cars and inspiration, these cars you have all posted keep steering me to keep my more original as far as body....I was going to convert my doors and trunk over to bearclaws with solenoids and poppers, inside hinges on the trunk but after seeing how great the sedans look with the original handles and such I think I'll leave them alone, I'll just have everything rechromed......and as far as door latches, I got to thinking (ouch), these stock 40 latches have worked for almost 70 years, why change them now?? LOL

Keep the pics coming....this is great......

23. Ebert

Ebert

My old hot rod...

Attached Files:

24. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

You're wrong about the popularity thing. There are plenty of sedans, both two and four door versions, being built and always have been. The popularity lies in the published works about hotrods, customs, in that the magazines tend to focus primarily on coupes, both 5 &3 window versions, and open cars (roadsters, phaetons, touring cars, and sedans, coupes and pickups with the tops chopped off).
    In the "real world" any old car is fair game, no matter the body style.

25. I just did a search before I did a "show some pics of cool fat fender sedans"

I was flipping through Rodders Journal #33 and I must have forgotten about Dan and Natalie Olsen's 37 Sedan. I scanned one pic of the firewall, and I found another in another post.

In my opinion, it is almost perfect, and will be using it as a rough template.

I put a Pic of Poor Boy TN Gator putting the first batch of stripes on my firewall, the wheels and tire combo is half done (thanks Wheelkid).

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Attached Files:

26. ratrod0

ratrod0

heres my 35 ford

Attached Files:

27. here's my dailey driver

Attached Files: