Register now to get rid of these ads!

mg midget rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ATOMBOMB, Sep 13, 2007.

1. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

2. ATOMBOMB

ATOMBOMB
    from Kentucky

Thanks Guys for the pics and messages, im going to try to design what im wanting, and ill post some pics for you all!

3. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

here ya go Adam..

[​IMG]

you should at LEAST take the headrest of the seats....

4. birdbuilder

birdbuilder

I've had a few pre 70's midget's and always wanted to do a baby cobra with a mustang drivetrain. good luck

5. Squablow

Squablow

I started putting together a midget based roadster a couple years ago. It had a 25ish Dodge touring car cowl with the MG body grafted on behind that. My first mock up pics didn't go over very well. I ended up selling the body to another HAMBer who did some more bodywork to it and had it on a body jig last I heard. Here are the most recent pictures of it that I have.

Attached Files:

6. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

since i had the chance but never got around to it..i spill it,,,

i wanted to take an early 60's corvair body...remove the front from the cowl foward,remove the roof, shorten the wheelbase after the door jamb, narrow the body about 8-10 inches,,use the front headlight corvair treatment ,but turn it and twist it into a 28-34ish /lil duece coupe type grille opeing,..rear wheels exposed
    ,,kinda in the nature of DocFrankenstine ,Plowboy type kinda thing,,,,

7. ATOMBOMB

ATOMBOMB
    from Kentucky

Thanks Guys for the post and replys!

8. racer32

racer32

When I was a kid there was a guy in my town who had a Triumph TR4 with a small-block in it. It was hella fast and squirrely as a drunk chipmonk.

9. 63comet

63comet

This car is actually a Triumph GT6 w/ a Sprite body. Its still pretty badass though.

11. x2cracing@msn.com

[email protected]

we never did a MG conversion, but a few years back we converted a Austen Healy over to a injected 327. the 327 was so much lighter than the Healy engine the car sat up in front about 3". made a nice gasser drag car,but never used or the street.

12. repoguy

repoguy

Wow, that's really surprising. I never would have thought that.

13. 22dodge

22dodge
    from Nevada

I put a 327 into a '59 100-6 Healey back in 1970, my first engine swap, built the headers, motor mounts, etc.
    Had to cut the front coils because the Chevy V8 automatic weighed so much less than the Healey 6 and 4 speed overdrive.
    Was a kick to drive too, surprised many a V-12 Jag on PCH along Bolsa Chica / Huntington Beach :D.
    It is one of those "damn, I wish I had kept that car" deals... :( '22

14. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

I have friend with a Midget powered by an X Busch circuit V6. He uses it for autocrossing. It goes like a scalded cat, but it is not a street car by any stretch of the imgaination.