Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rod n Race 28-29 roadster body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JasonB, Oct 2, 2007.

1. JasonB

JasonB

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has one of these or one of their bodys or parts? Just trying to find out about the quality and service before i lay down the cash.

Thanks,
    Jason

....sorry no intro first...heres a short one

I live in georgia, grew up here. When I was younger my dad had drag cars and I would help him work on them. I've had a few '60s cars ('68 mustang, '60 starliner w/429/c6, '63 fairlaine 289/4-speed sport coupe and my 61 Galaxie driver. I just got finished building my shop (36 X 30) so now I am going to start on some projects

2. Thumper

Thumper

Whereeees Loganville.........:D ?

3. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

yes i have one. i haven't built it yet though. it is a very nice body.

4. bobw

bobw

I have bought a Fiat body and also fenders, etc. for an Anglia from Rod'n'Race. Good service and fair prices. Mike Venza states in the catalog that some parts are made from old molds he got from other manufacturers. He notes that parts from those molds are not real nice. He made an Anglia hood for me from his one piece front end mold. I really appreciated that he did that for me.

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That old mould must have been replaced with a well built new one 'cause they used to be junk, like the 26-27 Roadster body with waves in the sides...like the ocean.
    Rod N Race was A-I Fiberglass in the days of yore.

6. Clark

Clark

Rod and Race is under new ownership now. Rich was supposed to stay on for a while.
    Clark

7. JasonB

JasonB

anyone else have an opinion on their body quality

8. tj

tj

I'm in the same boat - considering their roadster body also but without seeing one I have a real hard time taking the plunge. They've been around for quite a while so some must be floating around.

9. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

I have a Rod n Race bodied 28/9 roadster. I think the body's about 6 or 7 years old. I've had the car for 5 years.
    In my opinion, the quality is not great.
    The doors don't fit too good. The driver side door has cracked along the top from repeated use. The passenger door is starting to de-laminate on the outside edge. The trunk leaks at the top seam and, due to the design, I haven't figured out how to seal it sufficiently.
    Having said that:
    Rod n Race bodies are relatively cheap.What can you afford?
    Most casual observers can't tell if it's fiberglass or steel.
    Driving the roadster on a nice day is so much fun, you won't be thinking too much about whether it's original steel or cheesy fiberglass.