Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Good Wood, Sep 30, 2007.

1. disturber

disturber

For sure. I rode my bike to the event and loved every bit of it--getting there, being there and getting back. I took off of work for something else that fell through, and I'm glad it did. Great pics of a great event, too. I'll post a vid as soon as I figure it out.

2. fatabone

fatabone

Great pics Good Wood!

Flatdog I did see you on the Rokon at the starting line but missed you in the pits. I can't believe the power that flathead is making you guys did a great job with the altered. Watching both of the flatty powered altereds racing down the strip was awesome.

19LaidBack37 thats a nice ride you have.

3. zombie

zombie

2nd? we were like dead last! the smell of that clutch, almost made me puke up that damn hotdog.

this was the coolest show ever!

zombie

4. Flashback Bill

Flashback Bill
    from PA

Spike,

thats not a second place finish, but rather called a first round runner up.......
    which in plain english is an ass whoopin'!!!!

5. fatabone

fatabone

How about some more pics.

Attached Files:

6. fatabone

fatabone

A few more.

Attached Files:

7. KICK ASS PICS.DAMB SOORY I MISSED IT:mad:

8. blu8503

blu8503

9. AHotRod

AHotRod

WOW!
    You could turn this into Regional Events arounf the country.....repeat history from 50 years ago.

10. :rolleyes: Yeah....Beaver Bob could be like as big as a Good Guys Show....
    except with good food and with reasonable prices.....:eek: Scarry Larry
    and company could get a much bigger tent......and Bill could buy
    a flashy wardrobe with metalic flags!:D

11. 427Beaver

427Beaver

Guys and gals,

Make certain you check out the Beaver website. www.beaversprings.com We've posted most of the photos for you to view. Our thanks go out to everyone for helping Larry and I make this into a major success in it's very first event. We're going to fine tune the classes into two eliminators, Traditional and IHRA. But for now, just enjoy the site and check back often as Spike is sending up a CD loaded with the on track racing action that I will post later this week.

Beaver Bob

12. Plowboy

Plowboy

What's the story on that vette anyway????

13. 427Beaver

427Beaver

The `53 Corvette, aka Tijuana Taxi, is an original old time drag car from our Central PA area. As far back as 1961 it was racing at all of the local tracks. Back in the day it was a track terror, holding numerour "Track records". It was powered by a 265 inch Chevy, back then and ran in D through G/Gas with Et in the 11's. Fast for 1961. Today it is updated safety wise but it retains much of the original racing equipment and really looks close to what it was in its' heyday. Lew Stitley, a retired special education teacher, is the owner. He use to, like me, be a kid that attended all of the local tracks and cheer for our favorite car. He purchased his all time favorite "The Taxi" three years ago out of a barn and restored it to racing condition. Lew runs all of our Nostalgia events and is a member of the East Coast Gassers and N.E.T.O. The car has ran a best of 9.85 at 135.99 MPH. And, yes, he's one of our favorites also.

Beaver Bob

"Look out!! That big Ford in your mirror has a 427"