Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question for upholsterers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CG, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Where do you buy your tools and supplies? Ive searched the yellow pages and online looking to buy a hog ring pliers and correct rings for putting my new seat covers on. I'm sure there are places to order online but I would really like to find a place locally (greater Seattle area) to get this stuff.

2. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

You can get Hog Ring Pliers though Napa out of the tools and equipment catalog.

3. Ace Hardware is where I got mine.

4. chop&drop

chop&drop

I think any "good" hardware store should have "hog" ring pliers and rings them or be able to get them for you. Check them out. You may decide you actually want "pig' rings or "shoat" rings. They're all the same thing but different sizes. I got mine from a local hardware store years ago.

5. If you have an Orchard Supply Hardware store around you, they have them (or they did when I bought some about five years ago).

There's a place called atrim.com that sells all kinds of upholstery supplies and tools. I bought lots of stuff from them.

Sometimes it's nice to have two sets of hog ring pliers, there are some that are straight, and there are some that are angled.

6. Just ran down to the local farm and garden supply store. They had the right size rings but were out of stock on the pliers. I went to the Ace Hardware store and they had one hog ring plier left.

Thanks for the quick help

7. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

8. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

TSC (Tractor Supply Company) has the pliers and 3 different sizes of rings.