Register now to get rid of these ads!

POLL:What type cars are being built?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Sep 25, 2007.

?
  1. 20s-30s Roadster Pickup

4.8%
  2. 20s-30s Closed Cab Pickup

10.0%
  3. 20s-30s Roadster

13.9%
  4. 20s-30s Coupe

19.6%
  5. 20s-30s Sedan

12.9%
  6. 35-later Coupe/Sedan/truck

7.7%
  7. 40s Car/Truck

13.4%
  8. 50s Car/Truck

30.6%
  9. 60s Car/Truck

13.9%
  10. Other

4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. All the "Show me your..." threads got me to thinking, what body style is the most popular. I've seen an awful lot of roadster pickups (RPU), that's what I'm doing, how about a quick pic or two and a vote?
    '34 Plymouth
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I'll bet coupes are the most popular, followed closely by roadsters.....both in Model A flavor......

I have a '28 sedan I may still build....but I'd trade it in a second for a coupe or roadster.....
    Also have a nice '28 cowl and doors I've thought about using for a RPU.....

3. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

What, no tourings? What about Vickys? Or sedan deliverys?

I place a vote of no confidence?! :)

4. Only room for ten slots, "Other" would be for those. I just listed what I thought there would be the most of.

Coupes would probably win in popularity(also most rare and expensive?), but I meant what people actually have/and or are building.

5. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I bet you're right!

I'm trying refine my '31 A-boner Coupe right now. Installing a "test" used 440 tonight, discovered that the 383 had about 80% leakdown in half the cylinders and 50% in the rest. Next I'll be welding in a steel roof out of a '51 Packard, making those doors open/close easier, real glass in 4 out of the 6 windows, redesigning the pedal assembly, making the interior basically more comfy and tasteful looking.

Next would be a non-HAMB friendly car, my '70 Challenger. The suspension is all done, the 440 I'm testing in the Model A will eventually find its way into this car with a Pistol Grip overdrive 4 speed. I have all the glass and parts for this car (except a cool hood), it's just that once I got hooked on Hot Rods, work on it has slowed to almost a crawl on this car. I have gotten almost all the little rusty areas patched, so once I get the dash in, the electrical will follow, then maybe bodywork, paint, and interior.

I have a '57 Chevy truck that's my daily driver, so if it needs something, it gets it. I have some better sheetmetal to put on it and I want to scuff and shoot it with red rustoleum, but with other exciting projects, I don't really want to work on it.

I also have a '30-31 roadster in the works. I have a spare '31 closed car cowl I'm modifying and real roadster doors I picked up at Turlock for $200 for the pair, once I find a set of quarters I'll be able to screw together an uber-cheap roadster.

Lastly, I have a '62 Chevy K10 4x4 that I scored for $200 with a fresh '58 283 in it, along with a bunch of other parts. I'm still working on getting this one drivable, I've never had a 4x4 before so I'm learning lots. I'm going to give this to my Dad so he has a thrasher to use up on his "retirement" property in the hills. He's a car guy, so he'll appreciate it.

6. skyrodder

skyrodder

my 54 chevy and my 37 buick coupe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

you should have separated the car/truck categories, and had a separate 4-door option, too. that way, we know who really has what... ;)

8. 40 chebby truck, like everybody else lately it seems.

9. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I added my 26 Touring to the "other" category.

Just slightly behind that build is:

Another 26 Touring
    27 Tudor Sedan
    26 RPU

And, way down the line:

'52 F1 PU

10. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

How's your RPU doin' Richard, any progress pics?

11. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

if u look at sites like ruffrodders its like only RPUs are being built.. i think the fact is people build what they can find.. the rpu guys usually MAKE what they can find, there arent all that many true RPUs on the road..

i thikn like said before,. coupes, then roadsters, then a tie amongst rpu's, sedans, and all of the other things lots of people consider as "settling"..

to me, i LOVE coupes, that being said, once mine is done, i would LOVE a roadster... everything else, i have no attraction to

12. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

oops,. thought you meant hot rods... cars over all, EASILY 50s cars, they can be had ALL over the place for a grand near ruinning, or 3-5k running and in nice clean shape... they are easier, and everyone can pile into em

13. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I consider a coupe or roadster as "settling". But, I guess that's just my odd way of looking at things. I've never owned one of either, and never really ever thought about owning one of either. [Coupes are for chikins and roadsters are fair weather friends.;)] Give me a rod that carries groups of people or hauls things!

No disrespect to coupes and roadsters intended, but I just always thought that there were so many of them because folks couldn't find/afford any of the better or rarer bodystyles (i.e. the RPUs, SDs, Phaetons, Vickys, Utes, etc).

14. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

that poll is way biased....but i voted anyways,.:D

15. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Here's mu never ending project, 1936 ford its going to be done 50's early 60's style. hemi, 4 speed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. It has stalled somewhat. I am re-doing my garage; installing a new A/C, better lighting, re-building my lathe, and re-arranging everything so I can be more productive. I have also spent a good bit of money lately on machine tools. Hope to be ready for Roundup.

17. You forgot the 31-34's.

18. Volvo544special65

Volvo544special65

Vote: 60s car/truck...
    But it is a 1965 that had the same body as in 1947, so I don't know if that's correct... ;)

19. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I'm working on an Alfa 8C 2300 that was made to a race car in the late 40's

And the HAL for my Miller

We'll get on the 1934 Mercedes W21 Sedan Delivery in a few months

AND This time next year the 40 might run

20. Louie S.

Louie S.

That means he has been sitting on his ASS, drinking beer and not working on his ride!:D

21. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

Allright... I voted. '31 A Coupe - hopefully be driving in a couple weeks. (Although everything seems to be going wrong right now...:()

After that... I'm thinking about putting my '47 Dodge pickup together on a newer (70's - 80's) 3/4 or 1 Ton 4x4 chassis as a daily driver.

Also, I have almost everything to put a modified T together... cowl and rear section (need doors still) 8BA, A suspension, axles, steering, etc... Might do that first to help fund the pickup though.

Kamp

22. I just got the 32 pickup on the road in 6 months and now I am going to get started back on the 1954 Ranch Wagon,,,,the longest ongoing project car I have ever worked on,,,,,HRP

Attached Files:

23. Phillychop

Phillychop
    from Philly

i would vote for 20 - 30 sedan if i could find one! i have been looking for a fordor for about a month now and cant find shit. people around here want too much money or the car is 1500 miles away and will cost too much to ship. LOOKING FOR A PROJECT SUCKS!!!!

P.S. if anybody knows of any send me a PM PLEASE! I NEED A PROJECT

24. rodknocker

rodknocker

Here's my 50 ford,trying to be a little different, could only afford and find a 4 door, took 6" all the way around, putting 56 rambler tailights in it.

Attached Files:

25. ian

ian

1950 Ford Tudor Sedan

26. fms427

fms427

Just finished a 66 Buick Special convertible ( sorry, not HAMB approved ), Deep into a 62 Special conv- 4 speed car (looks like a trend here....), next project is re-do of my old 47 Ford custom (was built in the 80'd, driven about 60k miles, needs refreshing. Thanks for asking !

Attached Files:

27. I'm building a '37 Chev pick up. Slowly. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

28. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

Putting a 47 hearse body on a 70 Fwood frame & running gear.
    Al:cool:

29. DropIt

DropIt

1939 Dodge P/U.