Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody going to the James Dean Run?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smokin' Joe, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Kustm52

Kustm52

Is there any show you are not going to this year?

Just like santa clause.. he's everywhere..

Brian

2. BrianBSU23

BrianBSU23
    from Indiana

I'd say Winfield is a sure thing for the James Dean Run as he is already in the area from the Rebel Run in Lima. I doubt Barris will ever be back. I had heard there was some conflict with Barris giving false info on Dean during some interviews.

3. I was with Gene Winfield all weekend at Rebel Run.He said he is not going to be at James Dean this year.He is getting his new bonneville car ready.Plus the GOLDCHAINERS at James Dean told him that they did not need him this year.

By the way he will be at World of Wheels in Huntington ,West Virgina Feb 29 -march 2 ,2008.

4. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

We will be at the Ducktail Run Saturday. Plan on being there early and staying for the bands and stuff. See y'all there.

5. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

cool, sounds like i'll have plenty parking room this year at J.D. :D

6. Where exactly do you go for the Ducktail Run? All I know is that it's in Gas City. I believe a group of us are heading up Saturday morning for fun and festivities.

7. BrianBSU23

BrianBSU23
    from Indiana

To get to the Ducktail Tail run head west on the main drag. Once you get to the light (just past the railroad tracks) in front of the middle school on the west end of town turn left to the park. You won't be able to miss it with all of cars heading in and out of there.

A note if you are coming from the east Indiana State Road 26 is shut down at the intersection south of Taylor University in Upland. It can be tricky to get to Fairmount with the detour. Your best bet would be to head to Gas City and jump on the interstate back to 26 or go the back way to Fairmount through Jonesboro. The side roads of the detour are tough on lowered cars and hot rods.

Both Gas City and James Dean will have great turnouts. It sucks that Gene won't be attending the James Dean run. On a side note, all the days are great at the Ducktail Run except on Sunday. It seems like Fairmount has triple the cars and action on Sunday.

If you haven't checked out my webpage or added me to your myspace please do so and let me know what you think. I will be adding more pics soon. I have over 800 from last year alone.

www.jamesdeanducktailrun.com

8. Ron

Ron

Just follow the hour long traffic jam. That is one bad part there is one main road that leads into the park. Most of the show cars and spectator cars all want to use that way in and out. That is why I go up county roads and in the back way;).

9. jessman49

jessman49
    from ohio

I will be going to James Dean on Saturday. This is the first real car show I have been to, other than local cruise in. I will been driving my 1949 Ford 2 Dr Sedan.

10. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti(the coolest new magazine, he he) will be at Gas City taking pics. I'll be the longhaired guy with the Cubs hat on. Does anybody know how much it costs to get in?

11. Thanks for the tips guys, but I have no clue about Gas City? Where exactly is the show at? I imagine the line of cars and traffic will be easy enough to spot, but is it at some school or park?

12. chopper103in

chopper103in

held at the city park

13. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

will their be any meet and greet at either place?

14. Deucecoupe

Deucecoupe

I'll be at GAS CITY, early Saturday. Prefer the GAS
    over FAIRMOUNT. More action at the GAS. :D

15. BrianBSU23

BrianBSU23
    from Indiana

At Gas City, On Thursday night there is an early duck cruise is in at the local high school. Tons of cars, but tough lighting to see them. The remainder of the weekend the show is held at the local park. I believe it is officially named the Eugene Linn Beaner Park on the west end of town. There is also a ton of back ways to the park if you know your way around.

There is no admission for spectators for either show and free parking if you can find it.

16. deedster

deedster

I'll be checking out the James Dean meet and the Ducktail..I've been going to Fairmount since the mid 80's..Hope to meet some of you Hambers...

17. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

What a great weekend! I got to meet a few HAMBers and really enjoyed my trip. There's definitely a difference between the 2 shows, but each one has it's own personality and I'd recommend catching them both next year. I saw killer-D striping like crazy. I've been striping for a long time and I was still amazed at how much work this one man can put out! Darin, you ARE the man! I KNOW you didn't have any trouble sleeping at night!