Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB relay - Bristol TN to Fort Smith AR (or anywhere west on I-40)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wildfire, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Wildfire

Wildfire

Thought I'd give this a shot...

Technically, Elizabethton to NW Arkansas, but even Little Rock, Memphis, St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield MO, etc would work

My banger motor (short block) is in east Tennessee at another HAMBers' shop and is just about ready to come home. If anybody is headed this way from there-abouts, shoot me a PM if you can help. These engines are fairly light & compact - it would be an easy fit in a pickup or even a car trunk.

2. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

How big of a hurry are you in?

I am making a round trip from Peoria, Il to Charlotte, NC and back this week. I plan to stop in Piney Flats, TN for some Bar-B-Que this is about 5 miles from Elizabethton, TN.
    Is anyone interested in a rely hand off from Peoria to Fort Smith, Ark. ?Maybe someone coming to the pileup?

I need to make a round trip to Kansas City, KS soon to visit a customer but haven't made those plans yet (would be in the next month)-Tad

3. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I would search for the post for the Hunnert Car Pile-up. I see there are a couple of people from TX that say they are going to this show.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202040&page=5
    You could try Private messaging them to see if they could carry your short block the rest of the way home for you. - Tad

4. Heepster

Heepster
    from Texarkana

I go from Memphis to Little Rock every other weekend. I will most likely be as far east as Lebanon on Oct. 6. Let me know if this helps.

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I live in Conway, 30 miles northwest of Little Rock, and have family in Fayetteville, Rogers, Bella Vista, and Pea Ridge, which is pretty much all over NW Arkansas. If Heepster can get it to LR, I can get it to NW AR.

6. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I drove through Elizabethton, TN on 321 this afternoon. Pardners Bar-B-Que was as good as I remembered it being. I didn't hear back from you, I guess you found a better way to get your short block home.-Tad