Register now to get rid of these ads!

John Force Injury Update And Prognosis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Sep 23, 2007.

1. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

JOHN FORCE INJURY UPDATE AND PROGNOSIS

6:28 EST

DALLAS --- Doctors updated John Force's family and team following a
    thorough evaluation of his multiple injuries and the prognosis for a
    full recovery is very good.

Force sustained a broken left ankle and severe abrasion on his right
    knee. Force's left wrist also was dislocated and broken and he sustained
    some severe abrasions and slight fractures on a number of fingers on his
    right hand.

Throughout all procedures Force was alert and responsive. CAT scans
    performed came back negative and showed no damage other than the
    injuries to his legs and hands. Surgeons will begin cleaning a number of
    his injuries tonight and possibly setting his fractures if the swelling
    is at an acceptable level.

The 14-time POWERade world champion suffered his injuries in a second
    round crash with racing legend Kenny Bernstein at the 22nd annual
    O'Reilly NHRA Fall Nationals presented by Castrol Syntec at the Texas
    Motorplex in Ennis, Texas.

2. JamesG

JamesG

What about Kenny?

3. beatnik

beatnik

WTF? do we need one more post on John Force, there's two others still on Page 1.

4. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Sorry this is a bother to you ..I did not see the other one ..Just recived the info from JFR Team

5. Anderson

Anderson

If you turn on your TV right now you can probably watch it too.

6. noboD

noboD

NitroFC, don't be sorry. John Force deserves every bit if recognition he gets. Without him there's no reason to watch NHRA.

7. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

No worry on my end I know John for over 30 yrs .. I spoke with a few members of his team a few min ago .. things are better than we all thought at the time of the crash

8. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Dont't bother me, Thanks for the info.

9. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I was there and saw it happen. Pretty scary looking from our vantage point....we were sitting right at the 60 foot on the south side. It took them quite a while to get him out of the car and into the helicopter to go to Baylor Hospital, and it seemed like an eternity before the announcer gave the crowd any word on his condition.

Bernstein was out of his car and walking around almost immediately, and seemed to be fine.

After watching the video a few times, it looks like Force blew a tire right about the time the chutes came out. The track temperature was pretty hot, and several of the teams were having trouble with chunking the tires.

10. Jimv

Jimv

Why does that bother you??
    JimV

11. Thanks for the update!

Sam.

12. crapshoot

crapshoot

glad to hear that thanks wtf with all the kick ass racers dying or getting real fucked up lately the reeper must have let off the rockstars and has got his sights on all the race drivers

13. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

14. Dirty2

Dirty2

Thanks for the update !

15. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Saw the crash on the TV coverage, nasty.They said Force was asking if Kenny was OK.Not only a tough guy, but a classy one as well. I wonder if he'll fire Ashley for not making the call in the semi's?

16. Man, that was a scary deal. It looked like Bernstein's car knocked some of the timing equipment over into Force's tire when he (Bernstein)crossed the center line. It was amazing to see how the resulting tire explosion tore the car in half. Best wishes to John and his family.

17. noboD

noboD

I think Paul Page called it right when he said John is probably bossing the Drs. around right now! Get well soon.

18. Notorious

Notorious

This is certainly good news and of course matches the most recent info I had been able to obtain too. Initially it sounded as though there could have been many more broken bones, as well as a possible concussion.

Kenny's fine, no worries there.

19. John's the most charismatic personality to EVER hit drag racing (my favorite sport ever). I love that guy. He gives the best interviews, and is a huge asset to the sport. He's one of very few reasons i even still like CURRENT drag racing. Godspeed in your recovery

20. collector

collector
    from madera,ca

thanks for the info . I did not know about the crash. no tv today.thanks again.

21. modelttom

modelttom

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I think the frame was broken, the tire should not have cut the car in half.....it didnt look like the clutch came out of the car either.... he's lucky thats for sure
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

22. Crestliner

Crestliner

Thanks for the thread. I havn't been around a TV today. John is one great driver and spokesman for NHRA.

23. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

thanks for posting this nitro this is the first I heard of it, glad he is going to be ok.

24. what fenders

what fenders

Mabe some Chinese 4130 at work.

25. Scott

Scott

Good to here he will be OK. They have had enough bad stuff this year already.
    Glad Kenny didn't get hurt

26. Shut the fuck up,Beatnik! If you don't want to hear about it,then don't respond dumbass! He's a neighbor,and great guy,more than you'll ever be...

27. alleyoop

alleyoop

same as Bad bob said

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Exactly! Couple of prayers going out for a speedy recovery for him.

29. Hardware

Hardware
    from West Coast

I think John Force deserves recognition for all that he has accomplished to be sure, but I can think of lots of other reasons to watch the NHRA besides John Force. Gary Schelzi, Hot Rod Fuller, and Andrew Hines to name but a few. The sound of an engine at full WOT, the smell of race gas etc etc ......

I watched it tonight and it looked like a pretty bad wreck. He's pretty lucky to only have the injuries he does. Prayers out to him and his family for a speedy recovery. After everything else that has happened to his team this year with Eric's accident and all this must be a really hard time for them.

30. Jimv

Jimv

I met John Force years back at Lake George, NY.He would open up his trailer in the parking lot of a motel & give"Tours" .And free gatorade ,cool!!
    He actually seemed like a regulater all around great guy!! Just a guy whos loves what hes doing & loves the lifestyle.
    He'll be back sooner then ya think.Hes a fighter
    Get well soon.
    JimV