Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else building old dodge/plymouth other mopars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. We have a 1951 Plymouth, 1954 DeSoto and a Model "A" with a 291 DeSoto Hemi.

BloodyKnuckles

2. uptonogood

uptonogood
    from Trashville

An old friend and ex roommate paid me back by givin' me a real pile of a 1953 coronet, so I ripped out the hemi and sold it, and got bored and took a chop saw to it in the rain (damn seattle), well its gunna me a real jalopy choptop beast just for the fun of it, probably throw in a old 318 or something I will keep you posted on the progress!

up to no good!

3. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

unfortunately this has turned into a long term project,

but my 31 DeSoto . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. purple

purple

5. sickboy713

sickboy713
    from oildale

her's mine '56 savoy

[​IMG]

6. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

33 Plymouth with 241 Hemi power.
    63 Plymouth Fury, 426 Hemi with Hilborn injection.
    66 Charger 383 4 speed
    66 Charger 383 auto
    67 Cuda vert 360
    67 Cuda Formula S, 4 speed fastback
    67 Cuda Notchback 318
    68 Superbee Hemi
    68 Charger R/T with 440
    68 Dart GT vert with 318
    68 Dart GT vert with /6
    69 Cuda 340-S fastback
    70 Superbee 383

Most run/drive others are projects

and some other stuff...few more 426 Hemis lying around...:eek:

Dave

7. 52merc

52merc
    BANNED

this my 28 dodge was a coupe but turned into sedan

Attached Files:

• rodd.jpg
      rodd.jpg
      File size:
      16.3 KB
      Views:
  8. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  9. 38P6

38P6

Here's another 38 four door. So far it's close to stock, I have only added an aluminum head and split exhaust manifold with dual exhaust. Please tell me how you lowered the front end, I can't figure out how to do it with the leaf springs. I want mine lowered just like your's is.

Attached Files:

10. 38P6

38P6

Here's another shot of mine, it's way to tall........

Attached Files:

11. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

damnnnnnn

12. FredK

FredK
    Member Emeritus

I also have a 1949 Dodge in progress. Below is a link to pictures from a few months ago. It has a new MOPAR crate motor, Richmond 5 speed, Dana 60 backend that takes three people to lift, and it is bagged. All this work is courtesy of Jerry Sezar in Knightsen, CA.

http://picasaweb.google.com/fklyver/1949Dodge?authkey=ZWJBWwOu5A0

Attached Files:

13. Dodges? We don't need no stinking Dodges!

Seriously though... I have a hard time driving anything that's not a Mopar. I'm having bad psychological issues just know that I'm slowly piecing together my first (gasp) Ford product (ack!).

See my signature in regards to my ride :)

14. Mopar34

Mopar34

I got a 34 Pymouth PE Deluxe 2 door sedan which is completed but still needs some modifications like a new steering linkage (currently has mil spec linkage left over from drag days).:eek: Car is behind my Olds in my avatar. Will post a better pix later.

15. Rich R

Rich R
    from SoCal

34 Plymouth coupe but i'm looking for a 33-34 Plymouth 2dr sedan, anyone??

16. Im working on a 1953 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr HT.

We are gunna start working on her next month. I dont know if Im doing the 4 inch chop. What do you think?

Here are some pictures of her...along with goodies going in her.

Attached Files:

17. nitrohemi

nitrohemi

my 31 dodge theres a 315 hemi in waiting to replace the old 318

Attached Files:

18. ironhunter

ironhunter

31 PA sedan, 55 Ford rear w/386 gears, 40 Ford frontend, 55 Studebaker 224 with Edmunds 2x2 and Stromberg WW's, R3 (Avanti) cam, 55 S2D T86 with overdrive, 32 Ford frame stubs and tank, Buick drums all around. Last week I bought a 57 Hawk with a 289, so there is a possibility that engine will be bored to 304 with R3 heads and cam and put in this car before it ever moves under the power of the 224. Kinda gets me all gooey thinkin about stickin the same basic engine in the Plymouth that ran 196 MPH at Bonneville and claimed the "fastest American-made production car" in 1963.

The only pic I've got is this one (background on the trailer), and I was in the process of disassembling it. The braces from the A pillar to the frame were temporary while aligning the body and door openings. I guess I need to take some new pics. Engine and tranny is painted now, all the aluminum is polished, including the timing cover and "Studebaker" script finned valve covers. Floor is almost finished and when I get done with that it will go on the rotisserie so I can get everything done and painted.

Attached Files:

19. ironhunter

ironhunter

Here is a 54 Coronet that I got finished with (my part anyway) back in the spring. Nosed, decked, shaved drip rails, rounded door corners, frenched lights, new floors and rockers (it had very little of either when it came to my shop). It it presently at Progressive Automotive where the've put Air Ride stuff all around, 4-bar with 8" Ford, sculptured frame from the firewall forward and MII. The original 241 Hemi is in South Dakota getting the Doc Frohmader (SRM vintage engine builds) treatment including tri-power.

The last pic is one I sent to the owner of the car. I photoshopped it and told him my son's frat buddies broke into my shop and, thinking it was my son's 49 Coronet, they colored it up for him. :D
    (owner almost had a heart attack)

And hell yeah I primed the wheels! I had a few beers and didnt want to fool with covers. Actually, they were gonna get swapped out and pitched, so I wasnt wasting time covering up something that was going out in the scrap.

Attached Files:

20. SLVRBLLT40

SLVRBLLT40
    from Orange, Ca

Here's my '28 Dodge when she first got to my house from Oregon.

Attached Files:

21. i was building my 56 Dodge Royal lancer, but now she's up for sale to fund my education

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Here's my daily driver 52 Windsor hard top.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Original 265ci flat head 6 and fluid-matic.

[​IMG]

52RAM108 likes this.
  23. hot1947

hot1947

1947 Plymouth Coupe, All Mopar - Aluminum headed 340, Crane Cam, Edelbrock Intake With AFB Carb. FlowMasters, 727 with Hughes Trans Kit

<center>
    [​IMG]</center>

24. jerry sezar

jerry sezar

shit fred! I clicked on pica, didn't know you took this many pictures....cool.

jerry

25. ditz

ditz

Does a 51 Ford p/u with a 318 Dodge count?:D

26. FredK

FredK
    Member Emeritus

Mr Sezar,
    I left out the most important car I own, which is the 1949 Dodge Coronet you are building for me. A MOPAR crate engine, Richmond five speed with a Dana 60 backend, and custom made Mark Williams breaks. Oh and bagged just because. Everyone will be able to see your work when the car is displayed at the SF Rod and Custom show at the SF Cow Palace in January. :D

Attached Files:

27. Here are a fews pics of ours;

1951 Plymouth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1954 DeSoto
    [​IMG]

BloodyKnuckles

28. slvrbllt40,

Great to see a '28 Victory 6!

Let me know if you need any info or help with yours. My dad has owned a &#8217;28 Deluxe Coupe&#8217; since 1964 and it is now almost completely restored (just needs the interior)- they are great cars and hard to find! It was an early study in unibody construction, manufactured by Budd in Philadelphia, PA. Since the body came down over the frame (kind of a factory channeling job), Dodge stamped the frame rails out of thinner steel. Unfortunately, those frames would fold like paper when involved in an accident, which is one of the reasons they are hard to find. The lines of the car are really nice and the car almost looks like a miniature Hispano Suiza. The engine is pretty cool as well- seven main bearings and a machined head with matching, polished chambers!

Best lof luck, Bill

29. Empty-pockets

Empty-pockets
    from Louisiana

Working on a 46 Plymouth 2-door with a 360/727....Shinny one for the wife....And a 51 Plymouth 2-door for me..FLAT black with leapord flames.....Gonna grease up a 360/727 and try to slide it in....I'll try 2 get pics soon....I need a hood for 46-48 plymouth, if any one knows of one......sure would be nice............Thanks:cool:

30. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Any info on your rear bag setup?