Register now to get rid of these ads!

Here are some pictures of my 54 Caddy project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54Caddy, Sep 9, 2007.

1. 55cad

55cad

Hey man, cool Caddy. I've got a 55 Series 62 4 door with the air option. As far as the motor, just do what you want! Its your car isn't it? I mean, sure, its nice to see something OTHER than a 350 at a show, but just keep working on it. My floors are rusted out too and I'm gonna have to do like you did with the sheet metal, but I think with some POR15 and sound dead'ner it'll be OK for the time being.

So just do what YOU like and its not like Series 62 Cads are worth a fortune or anything. Now a 2 door or Convertable on the other hand...

2. southdiver1

southdiver1

Hey, can you post a pix of the engine?
    I am gonna put AC in mine and I would like to see where your compresser is located and the main pulley.

3. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

Dont get discouraged, the end result will be something to be proud of. Too bad my husband isnt in to computers, He would LOVE your project. AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

yeah in know hotrodrick49 but puting in the 331 would also increase the value of the car and would look a lot better. Where are some places people where i can get the weatherstripping and the rebuild kits for my 331

5. try finding a 70 to 80 full size gm with a big block and overdrive tranny you might be able to use the brakes too what do you take in school auto shop would help you a lot

6. mackster

mackster

I say take two periods of Auto Mech and two of Spelling/grammar. :rolleyes:
    Mack :D

7. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

Yeah I am in our advance auto mechanics at school and for mackster i am in english 3. Our school here in town and one other are the only ones remaining with auto shop due to the stupid california state that closed all sorts of them due to the money. Yeah in auto I want to take my caddy but there are some kids that are in regular begining auto that think they can just show up and get an A and they just dont give a damn about other peoples stuff

8. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

Well i wont be on here proably this weekend i am going to spray the top half of my caddy in tulare at my graps house and he doesnt have the internet. So i will take pictures when the top half is done. I am doing it first with an etching primer and then over that i am going to use trim black. So i hope it comes out killer

9. 55cad

55cad

Hey southdiver, I hope this pic is of help. If not, let me know. I've had a heck of a time uploading pics to this thing. Its either 150kb which is too big, or 48kb (crappy quality). I can take some more if you like

55cad

Attached Files:

10. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

Hey 55cad why dont you use photobucket to upload load the pictures

11. 55cad

55cad

Can anyone tell me what photobucket is? I obviously new to this.

Thanks

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

photobucket.com...they'll let you upload pix, for free, then you simply use the IMG code listed under your pictures, copy them, paste them in this box...and they are much larger than "attached thumbs"...that's what I use and you can see from my pix of my bro's '54 they are much larger...

R-

[​IMG]

13. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

Hey 40StudeDude what kind of motor is your brother running also to every one else the top half of my caddy is finally sprayed and i will start a new post and maybe stick them on here to just giving everybody a heads up

14. 55cad

55cad

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Southdiver - heres some pics of he A/C unit

15. 55cad

55cad

It looks like I finally figured out how to do this. Thanks guys!

16. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

hey 55cad you got it but make them bigger by chosing the size before you upload them, I always chose the largest

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

C'mon '54Caddy...you're four times younger than I, you can't have forgotten I explained all about my bro's '54 in the first part of this thread...best you go back to the beginning of this thread and re-read it...

R-

18. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

oh yeah i just remembered sorry about that 40StudeDude

19. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

And your a loner and a rebel dotty! Seriously dude,listen to what these guys tell ya on here.Slang and the occasional misspelling is ok.But when you type like you never made it passed the 2nd grade,you began to worry us on here.Absorb as much as you can from the tips and help on here as many on here have been there and and done that.Trust me,This place is the best you'll ever find when your building up your Caddy.:cool:

20. 55cad

55cad

Hey guys, heres some more pics and I've seen lots of other HAMBers getting opinions on what direction to take their rides. So what do you guys think? I was originally thinking flat black, red rims, wide whites, and some pinstriping, but I'm not sure anymore. Is that overdone?:confused: At the same time my budget isn't huge. Anyway, the more opinions the better!:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. 55cad

55cad

Also, I replaced all the door glass, but my window channels are all rotten, Does anyone know where I can find reproduction channels? I ordered some from JC Whitney, but they were huge and didn't look quite right. Thanks!

22. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Fix the floors and drive that bitch

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I may be old...and cantankerous, but I like what I like...and to me...flat blak/red wheels is waaaaaaaaaaaaay overdone...so is primered square bodied cars...GET A LIFE...BE an individual...do something different for your age group...put some shiny paint on it...run some hubcaps, re-do the interior...get RID of the STOCK look...it was boring when it came out...it's boring NOW...

If your budget is hurting, then do it a small piece at a time...no one said it HAD to be done TOMORROW...I'm starting the THIRD year on my Caddy,...I'm anxious to get it done and drive it...but I'm not a millionaire, I have to do things myself...and make the house payment as well as eat...so take your time, most important of all DO WHAT YOU MAKES YOURSELF FEEL GOOD...it's your car...and to hell what other people think (opinions)...ME included...

R-

24. TEAMGrant

TEAMGrant

40StudeDude, I’m gonna try the side grills between the bumper and trim are now sheet metal, where the relocated parking lights are. Also the license plate is gone. But other than that I’m not sure.