Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamber down... Denise.........!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jusjunk, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate injury. I wish you a quick recovery and we will have you in our thoughts in the Wagner house.:) :) :)

2. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Think about it -- which side needs more "finesse":eek:

Not to mention strength:rolleyes:

Either way -- hurtin' ain't fun, but at least you got us for entertainment:eek:

3. Get well, find someone to wait on you hand and foot.

s

4. Yeouch!...Cookies are Denise's semi-favorites but I happen to know ice cream is her real passion...that'll help heal any owie faster...
    Eat plenty of ice cream and get better...

Attached Files:

5. Hey I missed this thread so I'm a bit late (about 10 pages late!). It don't mean I don't love ya baby. :D

All the best for a speedy recovery.

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Before reading this I was assuming that you kicked some well deserving smart ass where the sun dont shine! Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Follow the Dr orders and make sure he gives you the good meds! Later, Mike

7. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

See what happens when Thelma and Louise split up for the weekend?
    I feel sooooo bad. I take comfort in knowing you are overall ok though.
    I can't believe it.
    At least Big Olds is down too.

8. nexxussian

nexxussian

Heal fast, casts suck:(.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Just a quick update. I had an appointment with an Orthopedic Surgeon this morning. He took the cast off to examine my leg and after poking and proding determined my Plantaris (sp?) tendon ruptured not Achillies like the Doctor in Kzoo said. He left the cast off and said for me to continue to use the crutches and slowly start putting pressure back on that leg. It hurts alot more then it did when the cast was on but he said 2-3 weeks and I'll be fine. Sure beat 8-12 weeks like the first doctor said and the best part is I can now drive.:D Man that was a scary few days with my mother behind the wheel.:eek:

Thanks again for all the kind words of support. I'm SURE that helped in my speedy recovery;)

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

You take care Princess :)

11. Deadbird

Deadbird

Sounds like a better prognosis anyway. Take care of yourself. Here's to a speedy recovery.

12. RoadrunnerRod

RoadrunnerRod

Good luck on the recovery! :cool:

13. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

I feel like E F Hutton, when I told you to heal fast, you listened! ;) Here's to being back on the road. WooHoo!

14. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

That is great news! I'll still push you around the Pileup if you'd like!

15. Glad to hear the new diagnosis is less time for recovery. Hope you get feeling better soon.

16. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Get well soon and I'm sending off a PM since you are tied down.

17. Sticks

Sticks

damn girl, hope you get well soon.

18. indaworx40

indaworx40
    from New York

OUCH!!!!!.... the irony of it all, that it happened in your own backyard. Good to hear that it's not quite as severe as first reported (and you have pain meds, right?). That said, any forced downtime is a bummer, especially at the end of the season, when those of us who know snow have to store up enough hot rod nuggets to last thru the winter. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Kenny

PS........not sure if I'll ever paint the truck, now that I know it could cause serious injury! A suede truck is a safe truck.

19. haring

haring

Denise,

The tendon that runs under the foot, and connects the ball of the foot to the heel, is the plantar fascia.

If it actually ruptured or tore, the doctor is underplaying the recovery time. Find out exactly what you are up against.

Back when I played soccer, I had a misdiagnosed stress fracture on my meditarsal bone. That mistake cost me 12 weeks, about twice what it should have.

Good luck, and good recovery.

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It's funny you should say this cuz my cousin who is a sports medicine doctor not only gave me a reaming out for not coming to him on Sunday as soon as I got back into town, but now wants to see me himself and examine my leg. I guess I'm off to get a third opinion.

21. slammed

slammed

Willl push yer wheelchair at Pile Up! Or piggy back-ride if it's cool.........

22. atch

atch

wow, denise, i should spend more time here. this is the first i've heard of your misfortune. my condolences and best wishes. if there's anything i can do from here in missouri to help you during this time just shout.

edit: condolences sounds like someone died. well, with you out of comission for several weeks it's about the same thing. get better really quick!

23. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I just stumbled across this.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Denise!

-Dave

24. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Denise, now that I've finally seen this post (Willie and I were off to Utah again - this time to see Bryce, Zion and other national treasures) there is no need for you to respond to my PM! I hope that you are on the fast side of mending and that your cousin gives you good news on the time needed for healing. Hugs and kisses, Denise.

John