Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is a 64 Polara HAMB acceptable

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RATFINKFOREVER, Sep 18, 2007.

1. RATFINKFOREVER

RATFINKFOREVER
    from Canada Eh

Is the 1964 4 door Polara a cool first car and HAMB acceptable it's sort of a cruiser sort of muscle car it's in the middle. Just want to hear what others think about it.

cheers

also it has a 360 :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Don't know if it's acceptable, but I love mine anyway.:D

3. Well - just a thought here - In 2007 your 1964 is a 43 year old car. Now back in 1964 a 43 year old car was a 1921! By relative comparison here - back in 1964 some people may have looked at a 43 year old 1921 and thought "it was to new"....Note; ditch the front bumper & raise it up all around &.......enjoy!!

4. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

makes the cutoff year.

5. Big Dad

Big Dad

works for me !!

And its a hardtop ..eh !

6. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

7. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

Hell yea!!!

Looks good!

Now get out there and find a 440 to put in it!!!

8. Brings back old memories. WTH if it runs. Rather drive that than a Honday. :D

9. gearjam1

gearjam1

I Likes It!!!

10. Straight axle, skinney fronts,fat rears,"gasser" that sucker! Sox&Martin{?} took advantage of a four door weight break with a Maverick{?}and kicked some ass too!

11. MattB

MattB

I think that was Jack Roush/Tijuana Taxi in Pro stock, but there might have been others!

12. I think we can hamb-le it.

13. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Make it a Mayberry special.do it up black and white with a bubble gum mchine on the roof.

14. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

It's a cool vehicle....but.... "Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and kustoms to hoodlums worldwide" These are Ryan's words.

NSRA has a "pre-'48" cut off. The year doesn't go up every year. Ryan has the final word. I'm just pointing out a few things. I DO know that PT Cruisers will NEVER make the cut..........

15. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

The car makes the cut off year.probably more of a "traditional race car " than hot rod or custom.
    speaking of traditional customs.. the ones of the mid to late 60's turned into the lowrider movement.
    traditional hot rods of the 60's turned into the street rodder movement.
    I know what is traditional in my mind, and probably what the HAMB is aiming for: It is all cars customized, raced, or hotrodded BEFORE 1965.
    however there seems to be a few gray areas that tend to get over looked. I.E. vans, post 65 gassers 70's style paint jobs...
    Had this polara been customized in 64 when new, it probably would have been lowered, mags or custom hubcaps, louvers ,lakes pipes, fender skirts, and maybe a continental kit and light dechroming. If it had been a 2 door - hemi, altered wheelbase race car.

16. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

That was Gapp and Rousch Maverick.

17. teddyp

teddyp

great car have fun with it!!

18. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Due to the great racing history of these machines it is easy to understand calls for a race car look. In my opinion she is a bigeyed girl with a great ass, apply some cosmetics, maybe dog dishes and trim rings , crank down those torsion bars and throw on some rear blocks, dual exhaust, shine all that great chrome and stainless trim, cruz and enjoy! My view-i prefer to call them "no waiting" instead of a 4-dr.-Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

19. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

"she is a bigeyed girl with a great ass" Now you have my full attention!
    Really ,I say this all the time.
    Build, drive ,eat,marry what YOU like ,don't get caught up in this wanting to be acceped crap.

20. starion88esir

starion88esir

I love the early 60's Mopars. What's your plans for it?

21. BigRed390

BigRed390

I'm not a mopar guy, but that's a nice find. And i'll jump on the "make a race car out of it" bandwagon. I'd gasser-ize it for sure!

22. RATFINKFOREVER

RATFINKFOREVER
    from Canada Eh

buy it first i am going to take it for a test drive in the next few days when the owner is home again.

23. 4tford

4tford

The 62-65 dodges and plymouths were part of drag racing history at its best. I'm building one now it is part of tradition just like the 40 ford I built, so if you want it do it for yourself, that is why we build the cars in the first place to please ourselves not someone else.

24. Squablow

Squablow

Would be super easy to score a pair of two door hardtop doors, mount them to the stock front door hinges, cut out the center pillar and move it back to where the hardtop door will close on it, then fill in the hole in the back with the old rear door skins. Just sayin.

25. leftcoast66

leftcoast66
    from Duvall

I'd say it'd be fun. Would run good and lowered a bit w/ some subtle changes would look decent.

26. slammed

slammed

Super Stocker it. Landy's Dodge sticker's in the rear winda's..........

27. nrfleming

nrfleming

funny question... the car does not fit into the original concept of this particular site, why would you even ask? i think reading comprehension is a lost art. is it a cool car???? HELL YES. Definately drag style. buy it if you like it.

28. starion88esir

starion88esir

Exactly, reading comprehension IS a lost art. 1964 and earlier or shares the body style of the 64. It is in the cut. Just because you don't see 500 of them lined up next to each other with essentially the same "custom" work done to them, doesn't mean no one in the 60's made a custom out of them. Besides a custom is supposed to be unique and different, something a lot of people seem to forget.

29. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

One minute I'm saying HELL no then I get this feeling like thats just too cool. I think I may be bi-polara :D

dan31 likes this.
  30. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Hardly a "Muscle Car" with that 318 Poly...................but makes a decent cruiser.

Actually, upon another look....that may be a later 318