Register now to get rid of these ads!

From DAD (Hangin on to Hambandy)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HAMBANDY, Sep 6, 2007.

1. The Monkey

The Monkey

That is good news, I was wondering how his Family is doing. Is there something that we could do for them? I can't even imagine what their going through.

Well I mean "I " as I'm new here and don't have the right to speak for the group. I know that when your child is going through something like this you can't eat, sleep or think straight.

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Keep fighting, tough guy, you'll be up and at it soon!

3. davidfe

davidfe
    from Illinois

I think Monkey has a good idea here. If I recall correctly, Andy has a younger brother who stayed in NF. Is there something special he might like....cookies, magazine subscription, t-shirt etc? Let me know.

Also how about something for the staff at the hospital? What a phenomenal job they have done.

You can PM me with an address and I would like to do something.

Andy and family, you have been in my prayers continually. God Bless this journey and may it end soon in a fine manner.

DFE

4. VonDad

VonDad

Had me a waking vision just now. Andy's guardian angel appeared hovering and instead of wings he had the rear end of a 59 buick coming out of his shoulders. package of candy cigarettes rolled up in his t-shirt. No pomade in his hair, but it was perfect anyway...

Seriously though. I have read this thread and others regarding Andy and even though I wouldn't know him if he tap danced on my nose, I feel I know him and his family just a little.

Takes a lot of guts to open up like they have. But if you open your arms and risk it, often somebody will hug you instead of hurt you. The HAMB gets the major kudos for taking this young man into your hearts..

It is most of us' sincere prayer (even if we say we don't pray.. when it comes to kids we do) is that what Andy's going through will not be more than he can bear and he'll do just fine, get his car going and make it to the Drags..

Wanting to see you all in MOKAN in 08... If Andy can make it and has his car there, it'll be one for the books for sure!

Everybody do well, and Andy GET R DONE!

VonDad

5. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

So stoked to hear that Andy's doing better. Praying hard for Andy AND his family. A little goes a long way, a lot can move mountains.

On a related note, what's the status of Andy's c-dan? Any progress or still collecting parts?

6. movingviolation

movingviolation

Well folks just of the phone with Chris.........................

Are ya all sitting down?

The Doctors felt that Andy would have to have a trake and feeding tube for a few months at best. There was major consern that his throat would would spasm and they would not beable to get him an airway............................ So today they put a fish line (sounds Newfie forsure) and a camera down him, the fish tube incase they had to vent him again and the camera to see what was going on.....

Well..........

After 1 hour of slowly moving the tube and looking around they removed it with out any trake or feeding tube!!!!! Chris and Andy are on top of the world!!!!!!!!!! What seemed certain is now possibly never going to happen:) They have to watch him like a hawk for 72 hours as it could spasm and he would have an emergency trake...................but................seems the tough kid from tha HAMB as again beat the odds.

So it looks like HAMBANDY is on the road to recovery and as Chris says, the road to Joplin. It has been far from easy but Andy always seems to give the thumbs up and keeps gett'ner done.

When you stop and look back at the begining of the HAMBANDY journey it is truely amazing the power of the HAMB and the kindness of fellow rodders.

Once Chris gets his computer working again (it crapped out since he has been there...lol......computer is not as tough as his kid...lol) he will be emailing a message to post for you guys.

Regards
    Leon

7. old beet

old beet

Great news!!! Thanks for the update.we're all with you!!!......OLDBEET

8. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

That is the greatest news in a while!!!!! Such a tough kid

9. chad

chad

That is AWSOME!!!! I cant belevie this kid!! I am totaly speechless...Way to go Andy!!!

10. FuelFC

FuelFC

Read from beginning and just wanted to give the best of wishes. I was nervous about posting until good news was coming. Was hoping and doing a little praying for him as well the rest on the board.

As far as the fising line deal that was just to make the Newfies (sp) feel at home LOL. All my best!

11. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Hell yeah, Andy hang in there, you are the man, I don't think I would be strong enough to go thru this stuff.

12. Stroked

Stroked
    from DFW, TX

13. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

And the angels did sing......Great news and only getting better. At this rate he will be home wrenchin' in a few weeks ;) .
    Fitysix

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Praise God for answered prayer, especially the way we wanted it answered. I to am amazed at all that has transpired since the beginning of this saga. The terrible situation of a small boy has brought together the hopes and prayers of people clear around the world. To be a part of something like that is truely inspirational and heart warming in my book
    Looks like Andy and crew has indeed "got 'er done".
    So, Andy, to put the final touches on this please follow the doctor's orders about your recovery and make us proud by getting on with your life and experiencing EVERYTHING to the fullest, starting today.

Frank

15. That is quite a relief! Thank's for keeping us updated. Surgeons are special people for sure.

16. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I want someone to make some t shirts that say:
    HAMBANDY GETS IT DONE
    Cause I want one to remind me that "when things get tuff the tuff get going" just like our little hotrod buddy Andy.

17. YES!! That's great news. Andy's the Man! :)

18. GrantH

GrantH

He must have done something amazing earlier in his life, or in a past life! He has come through this full steam from what it seems like! I've been through my fair share of medical problems (half of which I can't even remember) but this is incredible! Call it Prayer, Friendship, Karma, Good luck, Skilled Doctors....what ever it is (if not all of the above) it worked!

You HAMBers always pull through it seems like when it's needed! This is simply amazing. Your kids a trooper!

19. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Well fellows, looks like it's time for a few prayers of thanks.

My day just got brighter.

I have always said most people in the world are good. It just so happens that the best seem to be here.

See ya in Joplin in '08 Andy!

GV

20. kwiksilver

kwiksilver

Keep hangin on dude!! We're all rootin for ya!

21. Degreaser

Degreaser

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

23. pitman

pitman

Thanks for the update Leon. And Andy, you've much to see, do, and all of us are with you. If you need a boost sometime, just send us a post OK? ;)

24. Andy, you amaze me kid. Your strength is an inspiration. Keep hanging tough little dude.

25. Praise GOD!!! I've had one of "those" days and this just helped me remember what it's all about. I've done balance-the-odds bit with melanoma, and I've sat across the praying table with God to beg for more time. We've all been doing just that for HambAndy. At least I know my 4 y/o boy and I have as we say our bedtime thanksgiving and praises.

Buck up lil' brah. Push thru it! It is the only way. That's coming from my little bit of experience. Git R done, indeed.
    And thank you. When I was real sick, I had a few folks thank me for inspiration, for my example, for staying positive, for staying in God's grace. I didn't really understand it. I do now. Someday, I'm sure, you will too.
    For real, thanx lil man. You keep up the hard work. Look forward to seeing you jammin gears in YOUR rod.
    You too dad. You keep up the hard work too. We love you guys and will continue to pray for your victories.

Father I ask that you continue to bless Andy and his dad. Give them the healing that they respectively need. Thank you for Leon, our messenger. Bless him for his service. Please bless the HAMB. Altruism and service has no true purpose if it isn't to please You, God. You are the biggest reason. You created us in your image for good works. Let us, by your will, be efficient in doing so. I ask this thru your perfect Son, Jesus Christ.
    Amen.

rock on lil brah.

26. RIGHT FREAKIN' ON!!!! I'm gonna go pray some more!:)
    Andy you are an inspiration in grace,courage and "coolness":cool:
    best regards
    Dave.

Hey! Does anyone here have a picture of this fine young man? It's not needed, but, it would be nice to put a face to the "praying for"s. We have a picture of the sedan,how about one of our hero?{if it's okay with his folks that is!}

27. movingviolation

movingviolation

And as promised.......................

Hello Everyone, Andy had a big day yesterday. The shunt in his head is doing the job.Headaches are gone and no nausea. Seems like everthing is draining perfectly. The doctors came in to deal with the breathing tube issue. They talked for a long while as a team of experts looked at every issue that might occur with removal of the breathing tube without doing the Trachesostomy first to protect his airway. They all knew that Andy had alot of nerve injury(and some missing) that could cause his throat to close off. Anyway ,They consulted with us and Andy ,we were all hoping for no trach(especially Andy). They started testing all aspects of his throat and airway and then said they would give it a try. They put a camera down his breathing tube to the end of the tube and a snake line . They watched the inside of his throat with the camera as they very slowly started to pull the tube back from his lungs,everything was looking good(no collapes) as they moved to the end all were getting really excited. They waited and watched and TA DA its out, no problems. Everybody was so happy NO TRACH, NO FEEDING TUBE, Andy was so happy he couldnt stop smiling. This was Andys turning point and now he is finally heading for home base. You can certainly see the determination in his eyes. I will keep you posted. Thanks Chris

28. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Out friggin STANDING!!!

Damn onions.

29. Dirty2

Dirty2

Too cool. Prayers still going up .