Register now to get rid of these ads!

NOT a "rat rod"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Freaks Rod Shop, Sep 14, 2007.

1. customcory

customcory

Hey man , I saw that truck on e-bay a while back and thought it was pretty cool. Say hello to Wild Bill for me.Welcome to the HAMB . Not too far from you.:D

2. Notorious

Notorious

I had the afternoon off so I visited these guys today. They're only 15-20 minutes away from me but I didn't know of their existence until they posted here. They spent a lot of time showing me around the shop, parts inventory and of course their current work. And naturally, just talking about hot rods in general too. Very nice and down to earth guys, just as you'd expect good hotrodders to be. I'm going to employ them to help me with my chassis in the areas where I'm a bit lacking in knowledge and skill, and because I want it right the first time.
    And BTW, that little truck is just as cool up close! :cool:
    ( I just gots to build me a gasser when the A is done!) ;)

3. chris it was good meeting you.. you are welcome at the shop any time you want to chat about rods or get some more ideas... and when you need a winsheld frame we got you covered.. that 1 i showed you i may be sending out to the chromers :) caz it is about perfect

cheers PaTricK

Notorious likes this.
  4. Notorious

Notorious

Dammit, am I gonna hafta come buy that windshield frame just to keep ya' from ruining it by chroming it? :D
    I forgot to mention, these guys also have a vintage wheel straightening machine if anyone has any rare steel or forged aluminum wheels that aren't true.

5. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

You guys running at the "Rock" Sat...with the truck?

6. MISTERD

MISTERD

Real nice machine. I believe back in the late 60's or early 70's there was a wheel standing truck like your's called the Little Red Wagon.
    I remember seeing it run at New England Dragway back then. Help me out guys!

7. Little Red Wagon was a Dodge

8. jchav62

jchav62

Nice Econoline!! Welcome to the HAMB. I wish I was on that side of the country so I could see your shop!!

9. Notorious

Notorious

Yep, as stated, it was a Dodge. It's a wheelstander and I've also seen it run, pretty cool. There was an Econoline pick-up way back when though called the "Back-Up Pick-Up. It too was an exhibition car like the Little Red Wagon. But to add a twist, it was built to go down the quarter on two wheels, in reverse! Actually to describe it more correctly, the body was turned around backwards on the chassis

10. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

That's a great looking truck. Send more pictures

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Welcome to the HAMB.

12. MISTERD

MISTERD

Yes, I remember that Econoline now. Never saw it run but did see it
    in magazines back when! I believe it was white with graphics. Can anyone send pictures they may have.

13. MISTERD

MISTERD

Boy this post is quick!

14. Um, yeah...

:D

15. ncranger05

ncranger05

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

Very, Very cool indeed.

17. it wasnt the lil red wagon that was there.. it was a VW bus truck with a chevy motor... it was called chevy something??? hes from SC if i remember

but it was still cool ran low 10's on the back wheels past the 1/4 mile mark:D

18. guiseart

guiseart

how'd you get that Econoline axle to work in that... oh never mind.
    Nice job!
    I saw that Pinks... the guys in the booth are like "that's what they used to make those old wheelstanders out of..." Duh.

19. How fast is it? Gotta be a screamer to need those wheelie bars.

Sam.

20. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

"Chuck wagon maybe?"

21. evilone0528

evilone0528

I am from Hickory NC just down the road from Valdese.If it was 2002 when you went to Bville,you probaby meet me too.Donny and I rode out there together in his 40 ford.He is doing great and spends all his time in the shop makin parts....lol.

EVIL

Notorious likes this.
  22. ncranger05

ncranger05

whoops... Chevy Rebellion
    [​IMG]

23. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Welcome aboard Amigos, cool econo, your shop should be a great fit for our guys in your hood. Glad one of our guys visited with a nice report, we only want real-deal guys, and it sounds like you fill the bill.-Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

24. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Very Cool econoline!

I've tried to do wheelie stands in my '65, but it won't do one... it may be due to the fact that it only has the original 170 ci still in it:)

In fact i'm sure mine would do a "nose wheelie" if i hit the brakes hard enough ..he, he!

best wishes on your shop and welcome to the Hamb.
    CAB

ps ...any suggestions on a very loose steering box on my econo?
    where can i find parts for a rebuild of the steering box, if it needs one?

25. Louie S.

Louie S.

That econoline is the shit, I have always loved those trucks!!:D

26. ncranger05

ncranger05

mmm 302 jeepster

27. dorksrock

dorksrock

welcome aboard! some very neat stuff too!

Jordan

28. This is not our work. It came with some old tin that we bought please note we did not do this work on these half ass bantom 1/4s thank you

[​IMG]
    ^^^NOT OUR WORK^^^

also there was some1 that called the other day asking about parts for their model T.. your number got lost if you could call back that would be great

cheers PaTricK

29. Notorious

Notorious

Speaking of work, hurry up and get started on those Model A projects so I steal some ideas every time I stop by! :D ;)