Register now to get rid of these ads!

Henry J Done?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Well, I've probably had the car on the road for about four weeks now. I just have been procrastinating this thread. I posted some pics on here before, but those were just mock up. For those of you who haven't seen it yet, it has a '68 chevelle 327 bored bored to a 331, Double hump 2.02 heads, high lift cam, 10/1 compression, holley 390's, large journal steel crank, and so on. The trans is a built th400 with a shift kit a hipster torque converter with a 3500 stahl. The rear is a 9 in. ford with a 3.89 posi nodular 3rd member and 31 spline moser axles. Front brakes are 67 volvo 122s discs on a 38 willys straight axle. Rear has stock disc brakes. steel tilt front. drag link steering set up. runs like a raped ape. Haven't run it at the strip yet, but I expect it to run low 12s, high 11s. The first pic was when it was stock the way I bought it.

Attached Files:

2. GrantH

GrantH

3. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Looks great! Done? Are they ever really done? How about done enough to rack up some miles.

4. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

That Henry is just tooooo Baaaaaaaaaaad! Hows she run with the crossram?

5. Jet Doc

Jet Doc

Will it make an appearance at the Pile Up?

6. FINKSTR

FINKSTR

Looks great. I was looking forward to checking it out at the Byron drag strip show but am glad you got the mechanical problem fixed. The shirt I got from you is killer.

7. I love you henry j. You gotta bring it to the pile-up! I would ask for better engine shots, but bringing it to the pile-up will do.:D

8. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

A gasser ain't 'done' till it's faster than your reflexes...

Feel free to use that whenever you want. :) :)

9. The lettering is the finishing touch. Looks like a ton of fun! Enjoy!:cool:

10. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

yet another reason to get mine done already!!! looks great man, How hard was it to set up that front end????

11. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Lookin' great Ryan. You introduce it to the Byron PD yet?

12. Thumper

Thumper

Kickass !! Dead on.

13. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I've been a HJ fan since I was in HS......you've done this one "right".

Paco

14. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

15. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Yes it will be at the pile-up. And the front end wasn't too tricky to set up. I used the original stub and hung the axle on a milk crate with tie wire. It worked. He rides great and doesn't pull, and that's just alighning the front end with a tape measure. I haven't really showed it to the PD, Zettle Bros. But I also haven't been pulled over yet. I have a friend that knows most of the cops. I'm sure that helps

16. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

koooool as hell man I want it..............

17. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Looks great! I haven't even started on my J yet, but have a good "pile-o-parts" going.

18. Hell Focking yeah! That is focking awesome!!!

19. jangleguy

jangleguy

Looks killer! Congrats. Glad you're driving it. Please post drag results asap...

20. Looks Great!!!

21. ....that Henry's got such a pull off the line that one of the vent window glasses fell out !!! ...time for some colored plexi-glass.
    Kool Henry Ryan.....lookin forward to seein you guys at the Pileup.
    ...can't wait.