Register now to get rid of these ads!

The worst thing you broke while showing off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Sep 14, 2007.

1. The Shocker

The Shocker

Well i was leaving the gathering at David Guymans pre Jamie fest Denison show tonight and i decided to show off my speed shifting skills with a 4spd. in the Ranchero ,just to prove i could do it (while holding it to the floor without a rev limiter ) and when i grabed third the heater core blew.Scrape got his feet covered with hot antifreeze (sorry Troy) ,but i came out unharmed, other than looking like a dumbass .So come on fess up, what have you done while looking cool.

2. John Denich

John Denich

Broke my hand once showing off!!!!!

3. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

twisted a 10 bolt in half successfully locking the rear tires up (luckly at a low rate of speed)

broke a rad. mount racing a vette in my 50 chev...

grenaded a 9" drag racin (high end of the track @ 130mph....that was a wild ride)

blew more than one trans in my stocker 50 chevy (non-event events though....I had trans swaps on the side of the road down to a science)

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

around 1978 I had a 1969 GTO Judge. jumped on it in the rain and broadsided a real 1969 Z/28 while doing 45 MPH completely sideways. totalled what today would be a $40,000.00 car... maybe even more.

put a fender and bumper on the GTO and beat the hell out of it for another 3 years before I sold it

5. I had a 57 Chevy back in the 80's with a mildly built 235 - three carbs, planed head and a split exhaust. Trying to show off in front of the local high school, and revved it upto around 4 grand and dumped the clutch. The damn thing hooked up too good and I broke the old three speed right in half, dumping the tailshaft and other bits and pieces on the ground. Got a standing ovation from the kids though..........

6. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

the first thing i remeber was doing a BMX jump only the "big" guys did and landing my nuts on the goose neck,,,the scond time i ate shit and chipped my toth infront of MV HS and chipped my tooth,,,this was all before i was 10,,,,,

hhhahaha,,but the worst thing is showing off for this girl my junior year( iwas fuckin 16 witha lt1 powered 68 camaro,,hhaha) in my hopped up LT1 powered 68 camaro,,,(BITCHES,,,a REAL LT1,,the 70 vette/camaro LT1,,not the junky 90's thing...)

i wraped that car 180 degrees adound and up into someones front yard,,,all while "BUST A MOVE" was playing on the cassette player....:D

7. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

shatterred the 10 bolt in my nova with parts all over the street meanwhile the drive shaft was beatinhg the crap out of the bottom of the car and then the rear end locked up and I couldn't move it

8. 56pu

56pu
    from Sarver,PA

I had a 69 Z/28, and decided to show off for some kids hanging out in a parking lot...I tached it up to about 6grand and dumped the clutch in 3rd and shreed all the studs off the right rear... I wasnt sure what happen until I seen my tire go rolling past me..I had to jump out and chase it across four lanes of traffic....

One other timeI was showing off in my 80 K5 blazer, it had 8" lift and 38" tires...My friend dared me to drive through this mud hole..needless to say it was clay silt...My poor blazer was up to the doors in the sticky shit...It took two ford super dutys to pull me out..

9. old beet

old beet

A rubber, but that was a long time ago..........OLDBEET

10. Squablow

Squablow

Classic.

11. eric

eric

Hahahahahahah thats great dude!!!! hmm ok driving my old 6 cly. falcon and some hopped up camaro or something revs up on me (my futura was a 6 banger and had 4 doors what a dummy this guy was) and me being a dork cause this guy with a rad car is trying to race i pop my car in neautral and rap the exhaust through my single pipe and glass pack. well my buddy and i are cracking up i hit a bump and the gear shifter pops into reverse and locks up the rear!!:eek: my falcon comes to a screaching hault and scares the shit out everyone! the guy in the car laughs and i feel like a total idiot, sure taught me that real hot rods have three pedals :eek:

12. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

my buddy ty has a bermuda bell in his 40 ford 4dr convertable and one of his buddies wanted to show off the bell, but instead of stepping on the bell, he stomped on the headlight switch. he felt like an idiot and broke the switch.

13. Huh, well I don't do that sort of thing.

Well... unless you want to include a funny incident many years ago....

One day while driving on errands, I forgot I had a heavy toolbox in the back. I had a cargo bar holding it from sliding, but they are not very strong if the force pushing against them is great.

I remembered it for most of the day, and drove carefully, but for some reason I didn't remember it for a few seconds when one red light turned green.

Without thinking I took off quite hard.
    BANG, The loose toolbox pushed the cargo bar out of the way and ran to the back of the bed where it took out the tailgate.
    I had to stop and pick up my tailgate, tool box, and two gas cans from the middle of the intersection while the other cars waited for me to clear their path.

And of course I was driving the most noticeable truck in town.

14. 63necker

63necker

Shortly after high school I had a Pick up that was way over powered. It had a lock up for the front brakes and I would rev the engine drop it into gear and smoke the hell out of the tires, pop it back in neutral and let it roll a few feet forward, leaving a huge cloud of burnt rubber. One day leaving a car show I thought it would be cool to do this leaving the parking area. So I rev'ed it up dropped it into gear and bang! The motor let go! I broke the timing chain. I had push it out of the road and have towed home! Plus I got yelled at by the parking attendant!

15. knotheads

knotheads

16. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Reved up my engine and popped the clutch, result 1 driveshaft on the pavement. I still have a 7/16 "Chalenger "combination wrench I bought that nite to change it on the side of the road.

17. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

Showing off in the parking lot with my 69 Merc Cyclone, tore ass thru the lot and ended up in mud. I kept my foot in it to make thru to only come on some more pavement which damn near take my suspension out. It did bend and tear some frame...Big Jack ass feeling moment

18. four blokes pissed in a mates hire car, (a little frontwheel drive jap car) me driving, the mate was visiting from asia and was telling us how cool drifting is, so next off freeway off ramp I edge it side ways and yank on the park brake- it goes full sideways all of the way down and around the offramp in about 6 seconds . we get to near the bottom and the rear of the car went into the curb, I dunno what happened but next thing the cars arse was on the ground sliding along and the rear wheels and stubs where next the curb, so we just walked home and my mate flew out the next day- dunno what happend with the car thought.

19. '51Plymouth

'51Plymouth
    from York, PA

my arm (twice), front teeth, left knee, both ankles, Honda dirtbike frames (that's right, plural), Dodge Ram 50 frame (that was a good one, witnesses say there was at least 8 feet of air between me and Mother earth), Galaxie 500 390 block, crank, and rods, the list goes on. But, is it showing off if no one else is around, or is it just good old-fashioned hooliganism?

20. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

21. i did a neutral drop in my old truck outside of the bar with a huge outdoors deck that was packed and tore the driveshaft right out of the yoke

22. Back in about '66, my "wife to be" was playing softball with a local mixed league team. I had a flathead 53 ford with 2 new hollywood glasspacks on it. If you sped up in second gear, then let off on the gas and flipped the key on and off, it would give a tremendous backfire. I cruised past the ball diamond, ran up to about 50 in second gear. let off on the gas, flipped the key---and split both mufflers right from one end to the other. Made a Hell of a bang, but cost me another $60 (which was about a weeks pay) to replace the damn things.---Brian

23. downunder55

downunder55
    from australia

wintersun gold coast australia, in front of the kirra beach hotel in the 34 , hook up big time , result, four bar rear sheared off clean from frame , drive shaft through floor, NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!

24. Where to start!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I have owned a car that I haven't either tore out the rearend, slung a rod, snatched out drive shaft's, drove through a ditch, rolled over, rearended someone, or basically screwed up in some way or another showing my ass(as my mom used to call it). My life has been full of shit I have had to push into a garage or crawl around in the gravel or dirt to get it back together.

25. Corvette64

Corvette64

That happened to me twice. They're good kids though....

26. ronrob75

ronrob75

Back in the day (late 70's) when I was a kid, I had a 64 Falcon Sprint convertable that was way to crazy for a teenager. It had a 406 big block, 427 crank, and the heads and intake from a Shelby GT 500 (damn wish I had that intake now), 4 speed, and a 57 ranchero rear, but the guy who built the car originally never really got on it...he was happy to show it and not hammer it....that wasn't me. I ended up replacing the radiator and fan when the motor jumped from the motor mounts not being tightened. I took out the 57 Ranchero rear (lots of pieces) after losing the driveshaft at least 4 times. During all of the fixing on this one I had found a 65 Falcon convertable with a 302 3 speed that I could drive in between the thrash sessions on the 64. Took the 65 out one night and lost control after a tire popped, hit a rock and flipped it over the front (looked straight down at the ground through the windshield) and layed it on the roof...being a convertable it didn't do much to protect me, but some how I managed to survive with lots of bruises and not being able to move my left arm properly for almost two months. That sucker was flat from the hood straight back to the trunk, so I was lucky my guardian angel was riding with me that night.
    All the 64's thrashing came from showing off in front of friends and females, and the 65 roll over happened while I was screwing around with a buddies 65 GTO (he never rode with me again after seeing that one...wonder why?)

27. Heepster

Heepster
    from Texarkana

After throwing eggs at a sheriiff's car on Halloween night, me and a friend jumped into my slammed Nissan pick up and hauled ass.:rolleyes: We caught the overload springs on a train track and removed the springs, u-bolts, rear end, rear quarter panels, etc..

28. ratso575

ratso575

I was at the local race track , I had my 69` camaro workin sweet ...there was a guy there who would stand to the side of your car at the launch , get some awesome pictures of your car leaving .... I decided to take the low chip out of my two step and instead of leaving at a safe 4ooo rpm , my trusty car leaves at 5800 rpm ..... got a cool pic of my car with the front wheels dangling in the air , right after that the heim joints in the drivers side ladder bar pulled out and this allowed the entire rearend to fly out from under the car :( ....cost me $1000.00 for that picture ........... still up on my wall ;)

29. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

My Pops & I had just recently finished the resto of his chopped 34 ford pick up "Slightly Used" when I thought, while he was at work, that I would hot rod around the neighborhood. The late model merc with 3 speed was strong & WAY TO MUCH for the spindly stock rear end (which at the time I had no idea) so I was out doing a few hard launches & snap.......rear end broke.

The only problem was: A. My Pops was on his way home from work B. I was down the street - which was a slight hill - which I would have to attempt to push the truck up C. I was screwed!

My Pop should up.....didn't see his truck & knew I was the culpret.

I took me a long time before I was able (moreso trusted) to drive the 34 (again).

I was to purchase a 46 ford p/u soon after......while my Pop was driving he smashed on of the front fenders in.....I really couldn't say much except he was banned from driving it.....I remembered the banjo rear....

I wish I had that 34............now.

Paco

30. jlouie

jlouie

brake lines, i was doing a nice brake torque burnout at the bottom of my street in my 79 Trans Am to show my Corvette owning neighbor a thing or two. well after about three minutes of keeping my foot on the brake i lifted to go up to the house. we got to the driveway and hit the pedal. well nothing happened, i put it in neutral and ended up in my side yard next to the garage. good thing or i would have taken out the suburban sitting in the garage and possibly the wall to the house. my wife just laughed and said that's something we won't do again will we. :rolleyes: