Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speaking of Tool Boxes.....Does anyone else use them for other purposes??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Sep 10, 2007.

1. BadLuck

BadLuck

[​IMG]My sons Legos and socks drawers!

2. Crease

Crease

That would be a great idea, those things are expensive, flimsy and only get used for about 12 months. I could change the baby and store my lesser used tools like torque wrenches and pullers. I'll have to tell the wife it's time for another baby. :)

3. Liar!! You don't have junk you have treasure!!!!

Denise I think you have an addiction, keep an eye out at the swap meets for 40's & 50's style boxes as they are very deco and cool looking. There are some amazing old rolling boxes out there that I look at and think who ever designed this to go in a workshop as they look like high end deco furniture. Oh and do stop by Sean's tiki bar you won't regret it.........

4. My son has had a 5 drawer Craftsman toolbox as a dresser for a little over a year. He has a 4 shelf resin shelving kit and a race car bed.
    Get this........ at the time I bought him the toolbox, they wanted 100 bucks for a fake toolbox PLASTIC dresser. Think I paid a few dollars less for the Craftsman on sale.

5. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I was worried there for a second when I saw the red box in your living room. Glad you went with the black.
    Keep the ideas coming. As you know I will soon be moving into my grandparents house as well. Then I can clean as many parts in my bath tub as I want! And hang up lots of Coop art in the living room ala Johnny Walker!

6. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just found this one which looks perfect for what I need in the kitchen. I want to be able to put all my plates etc in it. Just got to find a stockist for it in Cali. Its a CSPS Product # CPTCSWDAB5612

[​IMG]

7. knotheads

knotheads

the double wide craftsman roolaway makes a great buffet in the dining room!

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Every tattoo artist I know has one they use for their gear.

9. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

i have 16 lista toolboxes that i'm going to use in my kitchen,and i have some bowling alley lane flooring thats going to be used for counter tops.
    solid maple,2'' thick.

10. FredK

FredK
    Member Emeritus

How about using them as a liquor cabinet! You can lock up the good stuff so the kids can only drink the Pabst! :p:D

11. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

How much for one of those Lista boxes?

16 is too many for the kitchen!

12. Corvette64

Corvette64

Dang it! I knew I shouldn't have given away my old one. I could have used it as a TV stand in the BR.

13. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

I use a Silver Chraftsman for the BBQ in the back yard, and I use two bottom boxes for my computer table, holds all my Cds and such in them, and the BBQ box is great for outside the TIKI Bar we built, so it holds all the BBQ needed stuff!

I will try and find pictures later!

nice boxes! (man I haven't said that since I was in highschool!)

14. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

i put tools in mine. call me a rebel! lol!

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

This girl doesn't do ugly:D

My side of the room??? I thought you said I get to sleep in the garage?:D

Looks like you need a housekeeper;)

I'm planning on it. I've got a room already.:D

I see your son's valvecover shelfs, very cool. I've got a valvecover coat rack next to my side door thanks to InDaShop.:cool:
    [​IMG]

I can't hardly wait till you move it and I can help you decorate!!

Speaking of cleaning parts in the bathtub, remind me the next time your over to show you the photo of me cleaning my K&N air filter in the shower in San Berdo, CA while on Power Tour.

That one looks to be about perfect in size and shape for the bedroom dresser.

I've got a bowling alley lane as a workbench top in my garage that Ralfs56 built for me this summer. Man does it look and work great for that purpose. I think it would be super as a kitchen countertop as long as you have no plans on selling the place anytime soon. :D

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Both GREAT ideas! I was actually looking at the Craftsman .workbench as a computer desk but you've given me food for thought

17. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

And I always thought tools went in toolboxes. Silly me, to much bondo dust, CouGh,HaCk. Now I do have two gas pumps in my den sooooooo, a tool box would not be to far fetched for me.

18. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

Denise,on the bowling alley for counter tops,i doubt i will ever sell it!
    and i would sell some of those listas,they are nice,$500 each

19. Damn I thought I had a sickness. After seeing this I feel better now.

20. Nocero

Nocero

If you ever move all your furniture will roll right out, no lifting

21. Rader Rods

Rader Rods
    from Texas