Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hand fabricated roadster.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -J-, Sep 7, 2007.

1. slim53

slim53

It's about time you got that on here. Now just ditch that Hydromatic and get yourself stick. Anybody here got an adapter for the kid? Anyhow, you missed a good time at the BBQ.

slim

2. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

-J- theres a guy in ham lake that builds adapters for all kinds of applications I'll get a # if your intrestead? if i'm going to the hunnert it will be in the chev not a bed. besides you got like 6 weeks get on it and drive it!

3. Skimmer

Skimmer

Looking good.

4. Looking good J, you should start looking for some cool induction for that Caddy before you really need it and wind up paying through the nose for it. By the way... the BBQ was great, chump.

5. Looks great! I like the holey forged I-beam look, too. Can we see a couple of more shots of the front suspension, especially when the spring attaches to the 'bones.

6. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

7. Bull

Bull

Looking good, Jordan. Of course you'll do something fantastic with the interior too! Can't wait to see you driving it.

Adam

8. -J-

-J-

Wow ok where do I start......Well Thanks for all the compliments guys it makes it a little more worth the effort. As far as the pics go I'll have to get on that. I'm not going to post any pics of the front suspension until all my pieces are machined :D. Some of the pieces are temporary so they aren't worth showing. Such as the font spring, yes It looks like it will hit. However under load it sits a little ways away from the frame. Also it will be cut out and notched in underneath the spring. The engine mounts do pivot out if they are unbolted from the motor as they are bolted through the mounts at the frame. I will be hammering on it alot in the near future so I will keep pictures posted. Wait till you see the seats!!

9. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Good job so far. FWI to all the Last Refuge lookers. We have recently reduced our wait time to 6 weeks. We have had a good year in our new building and have been able to get caught up, thanks for your patience, to the naysayers and detractors I say go start your company and let me know how you do! We are proud of our accomplishments so far and look forward to getting better. I cant wait to be able to say " from stock " oh yeah that will be a good day. Thanks to the friends
    Norb (president Last Refuge Hotrod Inc.)

10. Louie S.

Louie S.

Unbeleiveable work man, that is what the one in my avatar aspires to be one day.:rolleyes: It just has two projects in front of it. Keep up the good work so I can steal some more ideas!!!:D

11. I have the same question.

12. -J-

-J-

Ok just to really make this easier to understand.....THE FRONT SPRING IS NOT HOOKED UP. That being said it isn't under load, so because of this its just resting on the frame. Also, it is not the spring that I will be running in the truck. That spring will have less arch to it. I'll post pictures as soon as I have the scratch to get the spring made, and the bones machined. Cool?? :D And

13. -J-

-J-

Ok just to really make this easier to understand.....THE FRONT SPRING IS NOT HOOKED UP. That being said it isn't under load, so because of this its just resting on the frame. Also, it is not the spring that I will be running in the truck. That spring will have less arch to it. I'll post pictures as soon as I have the scratch to get the spring made, and the bones machined. Cool?? :D

14. -J-

-J-

Somehow that posted twice while I was deleting. WOOPS :eek:

15. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

So will yours be on the road before mine? Later.

16. rat seeker

rat seeker

This thing is awesome

17. -J-

-J-

Well Chris I had mine "on the road" about 3 weeks ago. But it wasn't running or driving :cool: But now that I will be most likely ex communicated out of the club this weekend i will have tons of free time to work on it. Just kiddin......we all know you're the one leaving:D

18. True. Every word. But the girls getting naked for the caddy 390 were really fat and sweaty. So the research is/was tainted.

Sweet ride by the way.

19. Luke Nosewalker

Luke Nosewalker

Awesome Jordan! I like the I beam theme. The first picture looks awesome against the building. I can't wait to see progress on this one.

Are you gonna run a really short windshield?

20. Paul

Paul
    Editor

thanks for the steampunk workshop link, very refreshing

'seen this hand made "T" at a couple local shows..

maybe not everybodies cup of tea, but exceptional craftsmanship everywhere you look

Attached Files:

21. Our own "Smokey" built this RPU from a model A gas tank and upper cowl...bottom was rusted away. All the rest was hand made and/or scrounged. He used a shrinker/stretcher, an anvil and a bead roller. This was taken at the HAMB drags a few years ago.
    He made it a few inches longer and wider than a stock ford RPU. You can do stuff like that when building your own body.

Attached Files:

22. Perfect! I need to get a caddy . . . :D